Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The All New FIS Ski WC 2020/21 Thread + Cortina WSC 2021

Poster: A snowHead
extremerob wrote:
She probably if the mental motivation remains has the ability to surpass Ingemar Stenmark’s record

She is arguably a more all round skier than hirscher as well having more discipline 1st places

I would have said that really was only a matter of a short number of seasons until her unfortunate setback last year. I've wondered about it for a while now but I think now thats she hit that level again she'll be able to go on to do it.

What will be interesting is if she wants to though. Perhaps she will stop at the ladies record once she passes Vonn? Do what Hirscher did and just stop?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Second run underway at Flachau - blitzing with Snow !!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
albob wrote:
Second run underway at Flachau - blitzing with Snow !!

The snow gods must be over aroused too Razz
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks like its getting heavier.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Commentator " the falling snow isn't a problem for Molegg -- Ohh, he's down .......!!"
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Eurosport gone dark. Snow must have got into the wiring. Now sound gone too. Oh well just the FIS feed left.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ster, they’ve just said it’s due to the satellite link in Paris - supposedly coming down with snow there too.

They need to send someone up to the roof to clean the dish NehNeh
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Watching it on Eurosport. The heavy snow seems to have caused the satellite uplink to fail at the moment!
Is it permitted to comment here on how Dave Ryding did? Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Alastair Pink, not yet !!!! Wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
extremerob wrote:
@ster, they’ve just said it’s due to the satellite link in Paris - supposedly coming down with snow there too.

They need to send someone up to the roof to clean the dish NehNeh

Sounds like they did, its back
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
albob wrote:
@Alastair Pink, not yet !!!! Wink

Can we discuss it now it's finished? Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Good result is all I will say.....!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I was getting excited for a while there
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spoiler
Did anyone notice that on Dave's run his split times were improving and his final split time was 0.66s faster than the then leader, but he lost 0.60 s on the final part Sad so just beat the then leader by 0.06s to gain temporary 1st place. If he had managed to keep that 0.66s lead I calculate he would have ended up 5th rather than the 7th position
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yup, he was building his lead all the way down then suddenly lost most of it. But I didn't see where it happened, no big obvious mistake I could see at the time.
snow report
ster wrote:
Yup, he was building his lead all the way down then suddenly lost most of it. But I didn't see where it happened, no big obvious mistake I could see at the time.

The second (nominally Kitzbühel but moved to Flachau) slalom takes place again tomorrow, let's hope Dave can improve on today's very creditable performance. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
***Breaking***

Reigning overall champ Aleksander Aamodt Kilde was injured in a fall during super G training in Hinterreit, Austria. Kilde was taken to a hospital in Innsbruck where it was later confirmed he tore a cruciate ligament in his right knee, bringing his season to an end.

“It is as I feared, but as I did not hope,” Kilde told Norwegian media immediately after the diagnosis. “I am in very good hands and have people with a lot of experience around me, so everything should go well. It’s especially annoying because I’m in the shape of my life, but I will come back strong.”

The accident comes on the heels of injuries to Lucas Braathen and Atle Lie McGrath, who injured their knees in Adelboden last weekend. Braathen sustained an injury to the collateral ligament in his left knee, ending his season. McGrath suffered a ligament strain and will be out several weeks.

“Now everything comes at once, and it is impossible to say what the reason is,” said Kilde. “We know it’s a risky sport and small margins, and sometimes it does not work properly.”

With the diagnosis, Alexis Pinturault’s chances of winning a long-awaited first overall title for a Frenchman since Luc Alphand in 1997 have increased significantly. The 29-year-old is currently 158 points ahead of Kilde and 217 points ahead of Swiss Marco Odermatt.

There is a video on this norwegian news site of the fall: https://www.nrk.no/sport/orf_-kilde-kneskadd-pa-trening-_-kan-vaere-omfattende-1.15330662
ski holidays
@extremerob, the video on that site doesn't seem to play for me, I think it's showing a message in Norwegian that means not available outside Norway.
Are you using a VPN?
snow conditions
I get the same Alastair...
ski holidays
Yep I am using a VPN - low quality as used the mobile - will try and see if there is a high res video I can share tomorrow

https://imgur.com/nHoOZG0
ski holidays
Ryding isn’t far away after the first run today. Good chance for another good result?
latest report
Fingers crossed for Dave...watching now Very Happy
snow report
Seems a second run that a lot are struggling with so far.
ski holidays
@ster, given its my 'home slope' it makes me feel a lot better about not being able to ski it very well!
latest report
@holidayloverxx, now that you see how they get down, gives you something to aim for when you are back and with all that time in well earned retirement.

I reckon I might struggle to get down it as fast even without having all the gates to go around.

Edit to through the gates. Embarassed
snow report
@ster, well I won't be going down in one go. The main reason for skiing it is lunch at the Zum Holzwurm just above the finish line Laughing
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, Or the Pfeiffeialm. wink

Kitzbühel speed races have now been confirmed for next week.
snow report
@queenie pretty please, not so keen on pfeifferalm. Zum every time for us
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looking forward to the weekend and seeing the big races at last. It's going to be weird though.

I thought Adelboden would look strange without the crowds but somehow even without the grandstands it didn't look too different in that initial scary aspect as the skiers come over into the finish, maybe due to the buildings that we probably don't normally see behind the stands. I can't help but think that Kitzbühel is going to look very odd though given that almost every structure we normally see won't be there. Just lots of empty snow covered golf course. Schladming next week will be another strange spectacle.

Friday will also be odd knowing that a Hahnenkamm downhill race is not the Hahnekamm race. I know its happened in the past but not for a long time and never, AFAIK, to replace the Lauberhorn. Perhaps a reasonable punt in tribute to these crazy times would be for an Austrian to win on Friday and a Swiss on Saturday? I wonder if the form has changed given that by Friday it will be 23 days since the mens speedsters raced, which I think is an anomalously long time in recent seasons?
snow report
@robboj, It is going to look massively different this weekend!

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Wed 20-01-21 13:15; edited 2 times in total
snow report
@robboj, the racing doesn't seem that different on TV to me. Noticeably absent is the sound of cowbells of course, and one can hear grunts from the skiers, but the normal race paraphernalia is there with advertising signage and balloons. A nice touch in these weird times has been the screen in the finish area often showing a webcam feed to the friends/family of the racer crossing the line. In the absence of a grandstand of cheering fans, that's rather cool.
snow conditions
@queenie pretty please, yes, I haven't really thought it any different
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, I think that even on TV Saturday's Hahenkamm and Sunday's sl will be noticeably different and strange, the unique atmosphere always comes across on TV. People cheering along the course, packed finish areas. Agree that most of the races haven't been much different in that respect, Wengen would have been though.
snow report
@queenie pretty please, @holidayloverxx, I didn't much notice it initially either, maybe a little at Sölden but after that so many of the events only have a small crowd anyway that it made little difference. It did occur to me that from Adelboden onwards it would be more likely to be noticeable but as I said the already built up nature of the finish area there made it look not much different to the wide lens view, if you know what I mean. I agree that the webcam feed is a great idea. I think this weekend and next Tuesday will be odd though. I suppose a lot depends on the skill of the TV directors and camera operators. If we don't get the wide angles that are perhaps normally featured specifically to show the crowds it might be ok?

For anyone 'local' enough to be there and skiing down the side it's going to seem like some kind of strange dream?

We're having a Hahnenkamm party to cheer us up. I did consider putting all my gear on but on reflection adding the sauna experience is a step too far plus E might object to ski boots on the new oak flooring Sad Might put my helmet and goggles on though! Laughing
With little regards for the hour it will be Bier, Glühwein and Heisse Schokolade mit schuss (Stroh). Will see what else I can think of? Maybe Tiroler Gröstl for lunch?
ski holidays
@robboj, goulash suppe mit semmel
snow conditions
Apparently the women's downhill today has been pushed back to 12:15 GMT due to heavy overnight snow.
ski holidays
@ajpaul, not apparently....it has been
latest report
I see there is a British down hiller in the mens DH today at bib 54. I didnt know there were any.
snow report
Spoiler
Great run by Swiss racer Beat Feuz on the Hahnenkamm today, he is the current leader. It would be a nice touch if a Swiss could win the race, which of course was moved from Wengen
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, I haven’t read it for fear, but I’m impressed you can have a spoiler already with less than 10 runners down.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy