Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The All New FIS Ski WC 2020/21 Thread + Cortina WSC 2021

Poster: A snowHead
@PrimroseAndBlue, my heart was in my mouth
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have to say that watching Alexis yesterday and today was GS skiing at perfection, he was so smooth and everything dialled in. He was just beautiful to watch.

Zubic has been impressing as well, it is great to see the swiss boys as well coming through.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hope Tommy Ford is going to be ok....he went down so fast he must have blown a knee big time, and then there's his noggin. That course is a handful.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rocket gets a podium in Adelboden, brilliant ski, congrats to him......
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Only 0.15 behind the winner.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@DB, he was very close, a few errors on the final breakaway cost him - considering the number of skiers after him he did very well
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nelson1j wrote:
Rocket gets a podium in Adelboden, brilliant ski, congrats to him......
Excellent result!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@extremerob,
Yes I know, watched it too. One mistake less and he would have won it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not a bad result for a cafe owner.
https://www.facebook.com/boskinscafe/
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Awesome result from Dave, very fine margins as well
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Excellent performance from Dave Ryding - worth putting up with the atherletes and superfluous 'challenges' to watch it! Very Happy

(He's got a new one, by the way: Noel, son of Michael von Gruenigen and to add to Mr F's excitements, he has two skiing brothers as well!)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well done to Dave Ryding
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Had to stop watching but hung on for his second run, oh but for those little errors! But good result after a few disappointing ones, maybe back on the up?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well done DR. Even made the national sports news on the BBC. Can't be great to have to wear a mask.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well done Dave! What a great result!!!
ski holidays
@halfhand, "..Well done DR. Even made the national sports news on the BBC.."

I deliberately avoid this thread (and the Ski Sunday one ) so I would not see the result - then got caught out when it popped up on BBC One News !!! **gger....
snow report
@albob, Unlucky Chief Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
@halfhand, Just watching it on Ski Sunday now (recorded) -- I want some Yellow Skis.... Wink
snow report
albob wrote:
I deliberately avoid this thread (and the Ski Sunday one ) so I would not see the result

I do that if I'm not watching live. I did it yesterday then "somebody*", who posts on this page, put Sofia Goggia's win on the "What three things" thread! Evil or Very Mad

*xx I forgive you, just this once! wink
latest report
@maggi, sorry Embarassed

In my very poor defence if I don't watch it live I look for the result. I never watch it later and it didn't occur to me that people do that
snow report
@holidayloverxx, I watch it on Eurosport player. Ad-free and you can have it set to "Ambient sound" so you don't have to put up with the long list of skiers' relatives and other teeth-grinding, ski-commentator bingo stuff.
snow conditions
@maggi, yeah but we get it with sky so put up with it
snow conditions
@holidayloverxx, I get it with Virgin Media but for £20 a year, (that's half normal price, a Black Friday deal), it's worth it! Also, I used to record it and come home and find snooker/tennis because it had overrun or they'd switched it to Eurosport 2. It also means I can watch the whole of the first slalom/GS runs. I enjoy watching the new, young racers who haven't made the top 30 yet and love the look on the face of someone in a bib in the 40s/50s or even, very occasionally, 60s who qualifies for the second run. Sheer joy! Smile
snow conditions
@maggi, good point
latest report
@maggi, The most untrustworthy thing in the world (apart from Trump)?? -- The Eurosport TV Schedules......!!! Wink
snow conditions
On the news today is a report that the Wengen races may be cancelled. The virus mutation B117 seems to have been widely detected in the valley, due to New Year visitors from the UK.
snow report
queenie pretty please wrote:
On the news today is a report that the Wengen races may be cancelled. The virus mutation B117 seems to have been widely detected in the valley, due to New Year visitors from the UK.

If I'm translating their latest tweet correctly a decision will be made and announced this afternoon?

https://twitter.com/WeltcupWengen/status/1348580831313453057?s=20
snow report
@robboj, yes. I think FIS are looking for an alternative location.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@robboj, yes. I think FIS are looking for an alternative location.

I wonder where they'll go if Wengen cancels. Could Kitzbühel could be brought to readiness more quickly than the courses already used this season and presumably now dismantled as race courses with the pistes allowed to go back to normal?

Two weekends in a row on the Streif anyone?
snow report
@robboj, Extend the St Anton WM course up to top of Kapall and use that for the men (unless its already been dismantled today of course)?@queenie pretty please,
ski holidays
@Markymark29, You'll know the topographical possibilities there but that sounds a good idea either way and if the course can be made longer then all the better. I can't imagine that much if any dismantling will have happened and there is also the possibility that either the FIS and/or the local committee in St Anton will have already considered the opportunity yesterday when the story about the situation in Wengen broke and held off starting?

I would prefer that to a 'double' Streif which would perhaps devalue the main event there?
ski holidays
On the news today is a report that the Wengen races may be cancelled.

Saw a comment from primoz elsewhere that the Wengen races were definately on.
snow conditions
@robboj, there’s a further 250m vert available above the start of the women’s so it’d work imv. Probably not the spectacle of Wengen but it’s a race, and with 925m vert drop not too bad!
snow conditions
rjs wrote:
On the news today is a report that the Wengen races may be cancelled.

Saw a comment from primoz elsewhere that the Wengen races were definately on.

The tweet I posted above from 10:41am today says they will make a decision and communicate it this afternoon.

A difficult one but I think the primary consideration must be that the 6 days in Wengen could jeopardise the rest of the season including the World Championships. Last seasons end was fair enough in that at least the winners were leading when they stopped and it was almost over anyway but some folks still argued it was devalued. It would be even worse to have a season and the WC's potentially decided by a Covid 'lottery' where a specific increased risk has been identified and could have been avoided.

I would miss it but if the reports about the extent of infections are correct then I don't see any option.
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
@robboj, there’s a further 250m vert available above the start of the women’s so it’d work imv. Probably not the spectacle of Wengen but it’s a race, and with 925m vert drop not too bad!

I agree, I enjoyed the races there and would think that the course will be among the tougher courses that the ladies race?
snow conditions
@robboj, I’d think so, I ski that loads (in normal times) and can’t imaging straight lining it!
ski holidays
With regards to spoilers bloody Glencoe pushed out the result on social media - My own fault for reading the notification I guess Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Wengen is now reported as cancelled. No news yet if there is a replacement.
snow conditions
Yeah looks like they can't decide Smile
Yesterday at 15:05 FIS sent following msg around:

Quote:

Men's Audi FIS Ski World Cup in Wengen (SUI) confirmed
This is to inform you that the Audi FIS Ski World Cup events in Wengen (SUI) are confirmed. As scheduled, the races will take place on 15th-17th January 2021.
Official arrival day Monday, 11.01.2021
1st Training Tuesday, 12.01.2021.

Today, Austrian media is reporting that races will be cancelled, and one DH should be rescheduled to Kvitfjell (if there will be any races in Norway anyway, as currently all nordic WC races in Norway are on hold), second DH and SL will be cancelled without replacement. At the moment, I didn't get any FIS msg yet, except one on morning saying negative, less then 72h old PCR test is obligatory for accreditation pick up. But normally Austrian media is not that far of correct info.
snow conditions
Ok regardless of no FIS msg yet, I guess Wengen is cancelled.

https://twitter.com/swissskiteam/status/1348636625132261380

Quote:

@swissskiteam
Nach einer neuerlichen Analyse der aktuellen Covid-19-Lage in Wengen traf der Kt. Bern den Entscheid, die Lauberhornrennen abzusagen. Die Veranstalter, Swiss-Ski & die FIS stützen diese Massnahme u. bedanken sich bei den kant. Behörden für die gute Zusammenarbeit. #swissskiteam
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy