Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The All New FIS Ski WC 2020/21 Thread + Cortina WSC 2021

Poster: A snowHead
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
And weird to see the gals on OK, isn't "their course" (not that it matters) over on Solaise?

Solaise was only used for the World Championships. The women usually race speed on OK, it is the men who have not used it for a while.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rjs wrote:
And weird to see the gals on OK, isn't "their course" (not that it matters) over on Solaise?

Solaise was only used for the World Championships. The women usually race speed on OK, it is the men who have not used it for a while.

I thought that, they usually race on the Face right? I imagine Covid has meant it's easier to just prepare one piste?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
swskier wrote:
rjs wrote:

I thought that, they usually race on the Face right? I imagine Covid has meant it's easier to just prepare one piste?

The Men don't usually race DH/SG in Val D'Isere - they usually just race the SG/SL on the face - with the tour taking the men to Lake Louise and Beaver Creek - with Covid this year they moved those two stops to Val D'Isere the O.K. piste and Santa Caterina di Valfurva - similar move was done in the 2016-17 season when it was too warm to race in North America and there was a lack of snow
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@extremerob, are you sure? I have seen several gs/sl on the OK. I thought the face was the DH SG course?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@holidayloverxx, The OK was supposed to have the two GS races that were moved to Santa Caterina this year, in recent years it has had the SL bit of a women's combined race.

The Face was the men's DH and SG course in 1992 and again in 2009 but it is normally just used for SL and GS, you can look up the current homologations here.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@rjs, thanks. I've only ever been in val for the races a few times. And now I recall seeing Aksel on the OK course a few years ago. Also saw a couple of bode and Ted races on the OK. It all blurs...

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 24-12-20 12:44; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@rjs, thanks
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE?
For a number of years I supported Swindal , always looking forward to see him , now that he retired cannot choose a substitute, with the girl Sofia Goggia is a joy to watch, with the boys who would you pick?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Harrow lady, I was an Aksel girl and now favour Sofia. For the men... Alexis Pinterault (and Dave of course)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@holidayloverxx, totally agree on The Rocket of course, bit disappointing the last run in Madonna, never mind. Cannot find any love for Alexis, let’s say I favour the downhillers.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@holidayloverxx, sorry couldn’t help to notice your location, that is the birthplace of the Herminator isn’t it. Have you meet him?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Harrow lady, yes it is...he doesn't live there now though. I have cross country skied past his childhood home. His father owns the local ski school and his brother Alex ..a snowboard champion...works there. I have met Alex.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Harrow lady, I too was a fan of Svindal.
I'm quite a fan of a couple of the young Norwegians Braathen and McGrath, love how much they love racing and they way they celebrated McGrath's podium on the weekend.

In the womens I'm a Lara Gut fan but let's just say that's not fully down to skiing Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Because of heavy snowfall in Bormio the Men's Super G scheduled for today has been postponed till tomorrow and the Men's Downhill scheduled for tomorrow has been moved back to Wednesday.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for the update @Alastair Pink, are there any races on at the moment?
snow report
Don't worry the FIS app has just popped up the women's GS
snow report
pieman666 wrote:
Don't worry the FIS app has just popped up the women's GS

Yes the women's GS from Semmering is live on Eurosport Player, I've just been watching the first run Smile
latest report
Thanks, will be watching the second run at 12.
snow report
pieman666 wrote:
Thanks, will be watching the second run at 12.

Start of second run at Semmering delayed due to wind (weather that is, not flatulence Toofy Grin )

Let's hope the wind drops and the second run can proceed. Edit: The commentator said the start position for the second run has been lowered by 150 metres because of the weather.
ski holidays
Fingers crossed
ski holidays
I can’t see them running it in that wind, especially if it’s intermittent. Unless they get below it.
latest report
Surely got to be cancelled
snow report
Yes, cancelled now.
snow conditions
Shame, going to be lots tomorrow glad I have the day off
ski holidays
A bit less windy today.
latest report
What a downhill today, how the American did manage to stay on his feet is incredible, really enjoyed,
Happy new year to all,
ski holidays
@Harrow lady, Bode must have given RCS a pep talk before the race!

http://youtube.com/v/5XLB3XdbCiw

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sat 2-01-21 10:01; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
I think he gained a couple of hundredths on the leader on that split as well! Very impressive, I suppose crashing at that speed concentrates the mind...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What a great downhill! Has anyone been down that run, looks mental!
ski holidays
@russ_e, I have raced SL and GS on it, they started below Ciuk though.
snow conditions
There is women's slalom on today as the girls race for the snow queen title in Zagreb

Women's Slalom Run 1 starts at 12:30 (CET) / Run 2 starts at 16:00 (CET)

http://live.fis-ski.com/lv-al5127.htm#/short
snow conditions
How come nobody seems to talk about skiing at Bormio? If the DH course is any indication, it appears to have the goods.
snow report
I think it is not a popular destination ski area due to the limited km of pistes
ski holidays
How good it was to hear the voice of Matt Chilton on some of the races over the holiday period.

Then yesterday, normal Eurosport service was resumed complete with excessive use of 'challenge' and 'ather-letes'! Very Happy
ski holidays
You called it perfectly @LOTA wink
snow report
How come nobody seems to talk about skiing at Bormio? If the DH course is any indication, it appears to have the goods.

It is a long drive from anywhere to get there, most of that on single lane roads.

It also isn't a very big area, you have seen most of it when viewing the DH, it is tall and thin. The town is nice though.
snow report
Mens slalom from Zagreb today at 1115 UK time, Dave Ryding going in bib #10.
ski holidays
St Anton later this week.....will be sad watching the stadium area at the end full of snowmen rather than fans, and nobody lining the route....would have liked to have been there.

Quote:

Dave Ryding going in bib #10.

@ster, Hope he can kick start his season, it'd be good to see him back pushing for podiums....is that realistic now or has he realistically peaked and dropped back you think?

@LOTA, I find the Eurosport coverage really good, but the commentary's nauseating, I only ever watch it, straight away turning the sound down....so called experts who've only ever been mediocre in their ski careers at best, offering their views on the real athletes is imv annoying.
snow conditions
@Markymark29, You don't have to have expertise to be an excellent commentator and I respect this particular individual who, as a national team racer, would have reached levels few of us could aspire to.

But I do know about television and a string of cliches and corny old phrases do not make for informative commentary. As Henry Longhurst, the doyen of TV sports commentators, once said: "Sometimes just let the pictures tell the story". Sound advice... Very Happy
snow report
@Markymark29, I’m not the most educated about the event to pronounce but when I think how he was a season or two ago he seemed to be consistently knocking on the door of top 5 and occasionally getting in there whereas lately he seems to be struggling to stay in the top 10 (which is still pretty good). And with a crop of good skiers coming through after the shadow of Hirscher has gone. If he hadnt been around who knows.....

But with slalom it seems like anyone on the day can win, with the right draw, a few dnfs to go your way and a little rub if the green. So I think theres hope with a bit left in the old legs.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy