Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The All New FIS Ski WC 2020/21 Thread + Cortina WSC 2021

Poster: A snowHead
The broadcast channels are limited in number so they only show the top racers then swap to another programme/sport.

They continue to show the full start list on the streams on the Eurosport player. So subscribe/log onto their player and watch there if you want to see the whole race (and the streams are ad free as a bonus).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ster wrote:
The broadcast channels are limited in number so they only show the top racers then swap to another programme/sport.

They continue to show the full start list on the streams on the Eurosport player. So subscribe/log onto their player and watch there if you want to see the whole race (and the streams are ad free as a bonus).

I know all that but it doesn't make it any less irritating, especially as I pay for Sky already and don't wish to pay extra for the player.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
True but you can get the player for only £20 per year when they run promos. Worth grabbing it when it rolls around?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's a decent deal. But the alpine skiing is the only Eurosport regular I'm interested in so won't sign up until next season. Endless hours of snooker, cycling and lawn tennis do nothing for me, I'm afraid. Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@LOTA, me too. I only get it for skiing and on deals except when it auto renews at full price Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Eurosport used to do a daily pass, but I can't find it now (Just monthy/yearly).

Their scheduling is bizarre tho' !
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ster wrote:
(and the streams are ad and annoying commentator free as a bonus).

FIFY Laughing

Another great result for Charlie Guest!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That was an interesting, tricky set. On both legs. Good work by Charlie Guest but all round it good to see some newer names ski well from higher bib numbers.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
maggi wrote:
ster wrote:
(and the streams are ad and annoying commentator free as a bonus).

FIFY Laughing

I’m getting to quite like them.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Second very decent result for Charlie Guest in two days. Well done...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looking back to October when I started out this thread the World Ski Cup Finals in Lenzerheide seemed so distant, yet here we are 5 months later, with winter having come and spring well on its way that we have reached the end of the "ski" season - two more days until we kick off the action and the fight continues for those coveted crystal globes.

snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@extremerob, thanks for putting that programme up. Helps me plan my viewing. Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@extremerob, Thanks. Times are CET.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So what is still up for grabs and who are the contenders?

As far as I can tell

Mens overall = Pinterault / Odermatt -31
Men's downhill = Feuz / Mayer -68
Men's GS = Odermatt / Pinterault -25 / Zubcic -99
Men's SG = Kreichmayer / Odermatt -83
Women's Overall = Vlhova / Gut-Behrami -96
Women's Slalom = Vlhova / Liensberger -22 / Shiffrin -37
Women's downhill = Goggia / Suter -70 / Gut-Behrami -97

anything else?

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sat 20-03-21 9:09; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Anybody any idea what time the DH races are tomorrow? The FIS site isn’t showing times for the races or the training and I don't trust Eurosport schedules.
ski holidays
@ster, The start lists for the training runs say 11:00 CET for the women and 12:30 CET for the men.
snow report
@rjs, thanks.

Its odd though. Now that I look harder and click into the race info, for the M the training says 1230 on the info sheet but the race itself says 0930.

They can’t be correct and the training time is unlikely to be correct in expecting a race after 1230, it might all be slush if training is at 1230 by the time they race later?

Do you think the times are the wrong way around?
ski holidays
@ster, There is a daily programme for the women here, the times look fine to me, don't forget that they have to inspect before the training run.

I don't think the times are the wrong way around.
snow report
This link (in german) is saying 12:15 for the mens DH and 13:45 for the womens. Both times CET and probably for when the TV coverage starts, would expect the races to start 15 mins later.

https://sport.orf.at/stories/3074563/

It looks as though at the start of the season the races were planned for earlier in the day and some sites have not updated the times.
ski holidays
@DB, The times won't be confirmed until the TCM at 17:00 CET today.

Looking at the FIS website again, I think the PDFs and programme are for the cancelled runs today.
ski holidays
There's a meeting at 1700hrs today. IMO they could go for shortened sprint downhills tomorrow 17th, or cancel team parallel on Friday and run downhills then. Otherwise it's just cancel D/Hs.
ski holidays
@davidthornton, apparently rules say they can't change the schedule
snow report
So FIS site now says for tomorrow (all UK times)

M DH Training 0830
M DH Race 1115

W DH Training 0930
W DH Race 1245

So hopefully that's all present and correct as I will be setting my alarms and WFH meetings accordingly!
snow conditions
But with heavy snow forecast. Unlikely to go ahead
ski holidays
holidayloverxx wrote:

As I say - cancel D/Hs or go with Friday. Re-arrange the parallel for Friday pm, D/Hs am.
snow conditions
@davidthornton, There is a statement that the DH won't be rescheduled.

I suspect they won't want to run the DH after a SG, any ruts would be in the wrong place. The DH timings for tomorrow are as tight as they can make them, there wouldn't be time to run a parallel event afterwards.

Can't see the point of a team event at the finals, with only 25 qualified for each of the other events it will be hard to make up a team.

The only alternative programme I could see working would be DH training and race Thu, SG Fri, cancel the team event.
snow report
davidthornton wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:

As I say - cancel D/Hs or go with Friday. Re-arrange the parallel for Friday pm, D/Hs am.

As I said...rules say races cannot be rescheduled. Its tomorrow or nothing
ski holidays
I see a forecast saying 4cm today and 4cm tomorrow, are there worse forecasts?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Confirmed that both M and W downhills have been cancelled today
snow report
Looked a bit ominous when todays events had disappeared from the FIS website this morning. Back to badminton then.
ski holidays
Just saw FIS announce that on Twitter. Gutted.
ski holidays
So Feuz and Goggia take the globe. While it would be hard to see Feuz not taking the globe for the men DH - I think the women’s one could have ended differently.

Also plays slightly in Pinturaults hand to hold back odermatt for the overall after the slalom disaster in Jasna. Same for vlahova in the overall with Gut losing the chance for valuable DH points.
latest report
Super G scheduled for tomorrow, let's hope that can take place. https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2021/03/17/alpine-skiing-world-cup-finals-downhill/?shared=email&msg=fail
snow report
Super G decision later today
snow conditions
Super G confirmed, with start from the reserve start due to fog and snowfall. Decision on start time to be made at 0830 CET
latest report
Decision on women's Super G put back to 10:00 GMT
snow report
Austrian TV (ORF) are saying the latest possible start time for the women's race is 13:05 and 14:05 for the men's.
snow conditions
Not looking good then?

Isnt the Telemark WC on as well. Some Swiss resort Ive never heard of. Looks like their races are streaming live on Facebook. Worth a look as I assume Jasmin Taylor will be there and would be a good prospect?
latest report
Eurosport sounds quite pessimistic and doesn’t look great at all from the pictures. Would be pretty unfair as well if the fog comes and goes as they say.
latest report
ster wrote:
Not looking good then?

Isnt the Telemark WC on as well. Some Swiss resort Ive never heard of. Looks like their races are streaming live on Facebook. Worth a look as I assume Jasmin Taylor will be there and would be a good prospect?

It's the FIS Telemark World Championships this week being held at Melchsee-Frutt. Today is the Junior Sprint event, the Senior races don't start until tomorrow. Here's the event calendar: https://www.fis-ski.com/DB/general/event-details.html?sectorcode=TM&eventid=48838&seasoncode=2021
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy