Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

US Ski Magazine Powder to close

Poster: A snowHead
boobleblooble wrote:
@abc, the civil rights movement in America worked in the teeth of serious opposition from the establishment and Police.

So you're essentially saying there's no "serious opposition" against LGBT and blacks/minorities from police? (and whatever "establishment" you're considering)

Quote:
Large corporations and celebrities weren't falling over themselves to support them.

That's because there're no such things as black (or openly LGBT) "celebrities" back then. Never mind "large corporations" were all controlled by anyone black/LGBT.

So the limited success of black/LGBT is to you a justification to discount any further fight against the remaining bias?

Quote:
Err... slave-owning has been and gone mate.

Apartheid is also over mate, and it has been for decades.

Yep, they're gone. Except the fight to make them gone would have never commenced had those been happening in today's environment according to your arguments above.

But perhaps you preferred the current status quote and would prefer them unchanged? One wonders what you would have done had you been living in the time of slavery and/or apartheid...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boobleblooble wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, if you are aware of major support from the public for vandalism of statues and critical race theory amongst other things then I would be interested to see it.

I have NFI what "critical race theory" is and all I know about public attitude to statues is that those who marched or organised for "statues' rights" seemed to fit exactly the sort of demographic I suspected they would, the "I'm not racist but it's our tradition ......" types. But I'm more than capable of recognising that my existence as an educated white male in the UK has been somewhat easier than others from different backgrounds and realities. I know I can't solve anything alone but I can at least listen rather than saying "not my problem don't spoil my fun"
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If it is possible for a thread to drift further than this one has, I wonder where that would be?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
If it is possible for a thread to drift further than this one has, I wonder where that would be?

You haven’t been on snowheads long enough then.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@abc, Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Good that you have a definition of ordinary person. Does it include trolls? And republicans (who are another minority)?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
With two weeks to go until Powder ceases operations has anyone received the second magazine installment for this year? Or has anyone received any info about receiving some form of refund if you have paid for a multi year subscription?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@extremerob,

no and no.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I got my photo taken in 1999 in Chamonix by a Powder Magazine photographer, not because of my skiing though. I was walking that very steep hill from Chamonix town centre up to the Brevent telecabine lift base, skis over shoulder, with a large baguette sticking out the top of my small backpack.
The baguette thing was the 'angle' for the photo.
Never did see if I got in the mag! Puzzled

Shame it's got under but everything is online digital now, paper copy is going to end for everything soon enough.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I dropped an email to powder on Wednesday night enquiring about issues to still be published as well as a refund - received the below response which contradicts earlier statements from Powder???

Quote:
Dear Rob:

Thank you for contacting Bike.

Powder has not ceased publication. It has been purchased by A360 Media.

You will receive the remaining issues of your subscription.

The next copy should arrive by November 29, 2020.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. To ensure your future concerns are handled in a timely fashion, please include all previous e-mail correspondence.

Thank you,
Karla
Bike Customer Service
BKKcustserv@cdsfulfillment.com
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
of course what we really want (assuming they are under threat) is for the powder team to take up the batton and start a new title....
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Word on the street (TGR) is that Powder subscriptions are going to switch across to Mens Journal, and I received an email this evening from them even though I never signed up to their mailing list Evil or Very Mad

What is likely to be the final entry on the powder website...

Quote:
This story originally appeared as the Intro in the Winter 2020 (49.2) issue of POWDER.

By the time you read this, perhaps the final issue of Powder, our parent company will have ceased operations of the magazine indefinitely.

The founding editors published the first issue of Powder Magazine in Sun Valley, Idaho in 1973. They called it “a celebration of powder skiing … the finest variety of skiing there is. To us, powder means freedom, with an emphasis not on how you do it, but just doing it more.” Forty-nine years later, we couldn’t agree more.

Yet the world looks different than when the first issue was published. It certainly looks different since the last time most of us skied together. So, we must adapt. Skiers are good at this. We know how to find and adjust to a new line. With that in mind, I’d like to respectfully make an edit to that first Intro published in Powder.

There is, of course, absolutely no freedom like skiing powder. It propels you into a weightless existence in a world that feels increasingly heavy; it is the only act I know of that can pull you out of your brain and into your soul where you are reminded that the only moment in which you can be alive is the present moment. Forget the rest. The founding editors were right to put an emphasis on doing it more.

But when it comes to skiing powder—like eating homemade bread dipped in hot, melted cheese; like sex; like days when every person you love is still alive on this Earth—we will never be satiated. No matter how much we do it, we will always want more. As skiers, whether it’s one day on skis or 100, we cannot get enough. That we get to do it at all is the most important thing.

The same goes for Powder Magazine. We hope there will be more. For now, we are grateful we got to do it at all. Creating this magazine, which has stood as a compass for skiers; a cultural barometer; and a record of our sport; has been the time of our lives. We have worked tirelessly to be critical, funny, affectionate, and honest—as the first editors intended—even when that meant turning the microscope on ourselves and looking inward.

So, we must admit that this issue, like every issue before, has been made possible only with a little (no, a lot) of help from our friends. We count you, our readers, among them. What began as a celebration, Powder remains an expression of thanks. This is for you. Powder To The People.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Klammertime wrote:
I got my photo taken in 1999 in Chamonix by a Powder Magazine photographer, not because of my skiing though. I was walking that very steep hill from Chamonix town centre up to the Brevent telecabine lift base, skis over shoulder, with a large baguette sticking out the top of my small backpack.
The baguette thing was the 'angle' for the photo.
Never did see if I got in the mag! Puzzled

Shame it's got under but everything is online digital now, paper copy is going to end for everything soon enough.

I've just started paying a US$14 monthly subscription with this magazine

https://readframes.com

Get real magazine, digital magazine, video masterclasses, podcast

Full suite

Worth every cent

Print far from dead IMHO
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Has anyone in the UK received issue 49.2 the gear guide yet (the last print issue)?

Just got confirmation that they will refund the rest of my subscription instead of receiving mens health
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It is a post-magazine world.

Everything is free on the Web.

Rest In Powder Sad
snow conditions
got my copy of the final edition yesterday.
ski holidays
Got my final copy last week which was surprisingly followed by a slip in the post today

ski holidays
Is that 'final' edition a normal one, or, the Photo edition?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy