Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weekend from Venice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I had a great time in Cortina in 2019 - if anything I preferred it to my previous Sella Ronda trips as the slopes were a lot quieter and there were fewer Brits (so just felt a bit more exotic).
There are two ski areas within the town - one fairly small, one big, but both v pretty.
And a really stunning one about a 10 minute bus ride away which also links in to the Sella Ronda via the Hidden Valley.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks all. Some great advice.

We have booked flights with Easyjet for the last weekend in Jan for £39 return. Seems like Easyjet offer changes without fees (but subject to fare difference) up to 14 days prior to departure. So, we can swap to Geneva or push back to March for either Venice or Geneva. This at least gives us a few bites at going skiing this year. Who knows, maybe we get to go in Jan and book again in March Very Happy. Worst case we lose £39.

Will book accommodation nearer the time, but favouring Alleghe for Civetta. Otherwise Zoldo or Cortina. Either way, looks like the local area is great, not too busy and easy access to Cinque Torri, Hidden Valley, Marmaloda and Sella Ronda.

Will keep you posted on how it pans out.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

We have booked flights with Easyjet for the last weekend in Jan

I'm sure some other snowheads are out there that week..... You know, it's, erm... It's on the tip of my tongue.... No, it's gone. NehNeh
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Italy recently fell off the UK's travel corridor list, so 'essential travel' only.

That causes issues with travel insurance cover and you will need to do 14 days quarantine on return.

Italy also requires recent negative Covid test to enter (private test, at your expense) or to undertake one shortly after arrival and quarantine if found positive.

I'm holding off any bookings at the moment.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So, our £39 flights have been cancelled by Easjet. We can get a topped up voucher and swap them to March, but will probably just sit on it for now and see how things develop. We may be better swapping to Geneva for March as at least that gives us options in France and Switzerland.

Still think this year is a long-shot, but worth a try.

If Alleghe doesn't work this time, then will definitely look to head there in future. You guys convinced me to look into it and having done so, it looks ideal.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Pippo9, Sad but not a surprise. I've had Easyjet flights cancelled too. My impression is I either have to accept a voucher, change to another of their flights or request a refund.

Quote:

If Alleghe doesn't work this time, then will definitely look to head there in future.

Good choice. Maybe make up for missing your long weekend this season by having a full week in 2022? It would hardly cost any more if you know where to look.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So, inevitably our flights have been cancelled by Easyjet. Shame, but was always a long shot.

We are now looking at changing them to head to Geneva on 11th March (giving access to France or Switzerland, depending on whichever is most feasible). Hopefully the situation will have improved by then.

Failing that, it'll be 8th or 15th April, but I need to look into high snowsure places that are close-ish to Geneva to allow us to ski the afternoon of arrival. Val Thorens may just be on the limit of transfer times. Otherwise I guess its Verbier (but been before and looking for somewhere new) or maybe Flaine or Les Contamines. Anyone have any other recommendations for mid April near-ish to Geneva?

Really like the look of Alleghe and the surrounding area. Had never even heard of Civetta before - definitely one for the 2022 shortlist.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Zermatt.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy