Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes 2020/2021 (inc useful info)

Poster: A snowHead
I'd seen it was cancelled. Inevitable really. Will miss a lively, fun, early season week here.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My girlfriend who doesn't ski has been here for a few days so no skiing. We went for a hike up Vallée Blanche in the snow today, plenty of it up there. The 2nd photo is of the main ski slopes on the other side. I should be able to get another day or 2 of skiing in after tomorrow.

snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Enjoy it while you can.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last day open pre-lockdown. OK day, I'll go for a ski snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
Dans les semaines qui viennent, toute la station poursuivra la préparation de la saison d'hiver dans le respect de la réglementation, en espérant que les mesures prises par le Gouvernement nous permettront de nous retrouver cet hiver au cœur des grands espaces des 2 Alpes.

In the coming weeks, the entire resort will continue preparing for the winter season in compliance with regulations, hoping that the measures taken by the Government will allow us to find ourselves this winter in the heart of the wide open spaces of the 2 Alps.

Let's hope it isn't fruitless.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
So do I ...I had planned on being there in Jan but Feb or March will do.. Puzzled
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As today was the last day of Toussaint opening, cut short by confinement, I went up for a couple of hours. The snow really is superb. I only did one run on the glacier and several on the closed run down to Toura. Sketchy in places but perfectly skiable, a lot were doing the same.

ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nice pictures! Still hoping to get there this season!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Friend who is a pisteur was working on the glacier yesterday and posted a photo, it looked superb Crying or Very sad Really sunny and warm and due to continue all week.

Lockdown has started and it's very quiet, just a few tourists left, some still hiking which obviously they shouldn't. Unfortunately one was killed over the weekend hiking. Circumstances unknown atm.

Yesterday's sunrise cheered me up.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Claude B wrote:

Just a few tourists left. Unfortunately one was killed over the weekend hiking. Circumstances unknown atm.

could be the LDA serial killer !
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For what it's worth. Very quiet here only locals about really. Although there is still a lot of building work going on. Had snow down to 2000m a few days ago but last dump down here was before lockdown. Plenty of work ongoing in readiness for the ski season, whenever that may be.

Had a very impressive mer de nuages yesterday which forced me out to take a few photos.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well we should have been opening on Saturday but as has been well publicised that isn't happening. To be honest the snow would be pretty poor anyway. Last dump in town was over 4 weeks ago and there hasn't been that much higher up since. It has been pretty cold though. I suspect skiing down to 2600m would be possible but nothing below. Took this photo of Super Diable at dusk yesterday, looks to be a fair amount up there still.

latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Opening day Sad But at least I was allowed out a bit more. Hiked up to 2100m on Vallée Blanche. Looking over the other side the snow is really poor anyway. Possible to ski to 2600m perhaps but as gondolas would probably be closed that really doesn't leave much Sad

The decision to replace the Glacier 8 man chair with the Pierre Grosse gondola is looking to be more and more stupid.

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's finally snowing in town, first for 5 weeks. If snowforecast is to be believed we are in for 45cm by the end of the weekend.

Locals are up in arms about Christmas closure. 300 demonstrated here yesterday and a bigger demo is taking place in Bourg d'oisans tomorrow.

I've seen a few things about plans for Christmas to attract people. It's obviously going to be very difficult though without skiing, bars or restaurants.

As of today lift operations have transferred from Compagnie des Alpes to SATA. They couldn't have chosen a more difficult time could they.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It's a start

ski holidays
Been snowing lightly for a couple of days. Very cold today and snow cannons are flat out. Very impressive halo this morning, from my balcony.

Flickr
snow report
Looking much more like a ski resort, except for one thing ...... Crying or Very sad I'm going for a wander up the mountain while we have some sunshine. Quite a lot forecast for tomorrow. Should be able to get out on the raquettes or even skis.

latest report
A storm has rolled in here overnight, heavy snow with a strong wind. Forecast to continue all day. The weekend should be nice although of course the lifts are closed. Hiking up the mountain yesterday.

snow report
Looking forward to the post storm photos!
ski holidays
@Claude B, great photos, but this is like purgatory for those who want get on the hill wink Confused Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
@michaelbury17, But I can only get up under my own power Confused
ski holidays
Claude B wrote:
@michaelbury17, But I can only get up under my own power Confused

Agreed, but you are still experiencing the awesome views, clean air & the exercise will do you good Little Angel Very Happy

Would swap places with you without any hesitation, and you will appreciate every turn you make on the downhill, enjoy the mountains Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@michaelbury17, cheers, I'm not really complaining Very Happy Hopefully see you out here again one day.
ski holidays
Claude B wrote:
@michaelbury17, cheers, I'm not really complaining Very Happy Hopefully see you out here again one day.

It's certainly on my list...out of interest do you have any contacts who I could rent an apartment from, looking (optimistically for March 2021) for my family (2+3 (grown up) adult/kids) Toofy Grin

They (the adult/kids) know a good thing when they see it! Laughing
snow conditions
@michaelbury17, I'll send you a message.

Had a lot of snow and was thinking of touring skis, but
- light is flat
- still looks sketchy up there can clearly see rocks on Diable
- touring being discouraged

Might do tomorrow though when forecast is better.

Think I'll get on the snowshoes today.
snow report
10km/350m on snowshoes is hard, hard work. Saw several people on skis but not that many, light wasn't good. Snow on Vallée Blanche is good though. I walked down one of the lower pistes, half a metre of snow I guess.

snow report
Beautiful sunny day so I did get the touring skis out and skin up a bit. Didn't start until 12 so didn't go up too far. Vallée Blanche, Super Venosc end. Plenty of snow, it was quite nice, but hard work.

ski holidays
was trying to work out how you got snow to fall on a jpg
realised its part of the forum skin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lots of mainly locals touring up, a fair way in some cases. A small park with some mini jumps and features is starting to appear at the bottom of the slopes. The pisteurs who are working are publishing a daily update knowing that people are heading up.

Jandri was running at the weekend for race clubs on the glacier. People living here who've paid 700€ for a pass not allowed Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
It snowed a fair bit yesterday, much of the night and quite heavily all morning. Due to continue all day followed by a couple of sunnier, warmer days. I think there'll be a lot slogging up tomorrow (me included) Very Happy

A "piste map" for the Christmas period has been published. 2 official touring ski routes, a cross country piste up here to supplement the one in Venosc, plenty of hiking and snowshoe paths plus other assorted activities.

latest report
Beautiful morning after very heavy snow all day yesterday. I wandered up for an hour on the snowshoes. It was very heavy going. I can already see a few tracks coming down, I suspect pisteurs enjoying themselves. La Muzelle et l'Aiguille de Venosc and the trees are well loaded.

latest report
Lovely up there today. I took the touring skis up to about 2050m. Much of the blue piste is pisted so it can be as hard or easy as you want. I did a bit of each.

ski holidays
I wandered up, 500m+, to Crête this morning. The blue run is completely pisted now so I went up it. Quite a lot of "ski clubs" on Crête Evil or Very Mad Hard way to earn a few turns.

snow conditions
Great photos again! Maybe it's time to dust off the race ski's and make a bid for the local team!
snow conditions
I've been away for a couple of weeks over Christmas and New Year. Wouldn't have lasted that long had lifts been open Laughing There has been a lot of snow and it's very cold. Forecast is pretty good after today so I'll take a look at things, snowshoes or touring skis. By all accounts it was pretty busy last week. Still a fair few cars about when I got back about 6 yesterday.
latest report
Keep up the lovely piccies Claude, it is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment
snow report
@kiteman69, will get up the mountain with a camera by some means tomorrow Very Happy
ski holidays
Gorgeous morning but very cold. I suspect everything will be extremely hard. As I've also been pretty lazy the last 3 weeks I'm going to get on the snowshoes today.

snow conditions
Snowshoed up Vallée Blanche today, wished I'd gone on the skis, snow was lovely. Job for tomorrow snowHead

latest report
Similar to yesterday but on touring skis today. Mixed going up, hiking trail and off piste, back on/off piste. Piste was pretty icy in places. They've made a huge amount of snow, piles of it everywhere. Not sure what they're planning to do with it.

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy