Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

American Downhiller - Documentary

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just watched an enjoyable documentary on the history of the US downhill team- it is sadly geoblocked so you need a VPN to make youtube think you're in the US to watch.

Movie:

http://youtube.com/v/QmMtcmfaEcg

Trailer:

http://youtube.com/v/vJJoEuJsaWk

Quote:
The history of American Downhillers goes back more than 50 years, and long before the advent of the World Cup. The foundations were laid down by pioneers like Buddy Werner and Billy Kidd in the 1950s and ’60s. Followed by the likes of Bill Johnson, whose brash personality and unapologetic style led to Olympic glory in the mid-80s, and today’s generation, led by Steven Nyman, which are able to draw upon a rich tradition and a historic bond.

AMERICAN DOWNHILLERS HAVE ALWAYS FELT THEY HAD SOMETHING TO PROVE.

The World Cup is primarily played out at ‘home’ for Europeans, where the sport’s biggest names are immortalized by legions of fans and an adoring media. It’s against this backdrop that the brotherhood of today’s American Downhillers is built and pays homage to the spirit of legends like Johnson, A.J. Kitt, Tommy Moe, Bode Miller, and Daron Rahlves, as they forge a new team identity that prioritizes cooperation and friendship.

It’s a bond that has propelled the team to flourish on the World Cup and built a camaraderie that spans the test of time.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks, I'll check this out. In the photo I see a young Andy Mill (fka Mr. Chris Evert). Which Yank will fill the shoes of Bode & Daron? Big shoes to fill, still waiting.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy