Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2020/21

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@red_dragon, last year, despite being apartment owners in Arc1950, I stayed with a group in Base Camp Lodge in Bourg. We had the van with us (to transfer from airport) so as well as going to Les Arcs also skied Rosiere, Tignes, Ste Foy, and La Plagne - all within 30- 40mins drive.

Base Camp has the advantages of being:

1)Apartment type accommodation with kitchens, as well as hotel rooms - although I'd recommend you get a 6 bed place for 4, if you know what I mean. (It's cheap as chips so not an issue) - so of course will do any number of days
2) Close to the funicular 5 - 10 mins walk
3) designed for snowsports enthusiasts / MTB / trekkers - you have lockers all as part of the deal
4) Close to the Lidl
5) Has on-site bar & restaurant which is quite a hub at the weekends, slightly quieter during the week. Also within easy access is hu.ski the takeaway people (and boy are they good - ship in a lot of stuff from Cook! if you know that UK outlet) and the Micro-brewery / bar 2 mins down the hill, as well as all the usual town outlets and restaurants.
6) This will only be its second season, so still in relatively good nick.

We found it excellent to be based at the bottom of the hill: - not quite as simple to get everyone out in time as slopeside, but sooo much cheaper, and easier to access a variety of resorts. I'd say it is perfect from what you've described.

(Note: I am not connected with BCL in any way - just enjoyed the opportunity to try something different)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for the feedback folks

@Arctic Roll. Base camp Lodge was on the short list so good to hear a personal recommendation.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The glacier cam is back on...

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone got any idea as to what they are up to in Arc 2000?

latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thefatcontroller wrote:
Wonder if they plan on paving that central area? When there's no snow it's a bit unsightly, especially when compared to the central area of 1950. Investing in the appearance there would make a big difference to the 'look & feel' of the place during the summer season, with lots of outdoor eating and drinking in that pedestrianised part of the village.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:
Wonder if they plan on paving that central area? When there's no snow it's a bit unsightly, especially when compared to the central area of 1950. Investing in the appearance there would make a big difference to the 'look & feel' of the place during the summer season, with lots of outdoor eating and drinking in that pedestrianised part of the village.

Yes, its intriguing but also encouraging to see them investing in the area. Lets hope we see them in January.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thefatcontroller wrote:
Lets hope we see them in January.
I'm hoping it will be covered by 2m of snow wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I often go out to Les Arcs this week of the year ostensibly to decorate or do some work on the apartment but invariably end up just going for walks or shopping (since we have a car and access is easy we stock up witht he complete winter's suplly of kitchen roll, toilet paper, beer and wine.) Due to travel restrictions we haven't gone this year.

Just had a look at the livecams https://en.lesarcs.com/livecams.html and I am afraid it looks horrendous at the moment, heavy snow is falling and I just watched someone sledging down from Eden Arc to the Vagere chair lift. Sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Arctic Roll, BCL sounds interesting, assume/hope not full of young party goers with loud music????

I've got two x 6 day lift passes carried over I want to try and use!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy