Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2020/21

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know if Les Arcs has confirmed the opening date for this winter? I'm assuming Saturday 11 December, but would like confirmation before I book travel plans.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
OPENING FROM DECEMBER 11, 2021 TO APRIL 30, 2022

From their website Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Gilly76, many thanks. I did look on their website before asking here, but I find it impossible to navigate around to find actual information rather than glossy videos.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
As far as I can recall April 30th is the latest they have remained open in the spring. I hope sufficient people are in the resort that week to make it worthwhile.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@rob@rar, you and me both, I just happened to be checking regarding the lift pass prices, and the dates happened to be on the same page.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@rob@rar, I don't know why but it is an annoying trend in website design that says you must make the website flashy and eye catching rather than useful. Ski resorts websites are one of the major culprits. It leads to people avoiding the websites altogether.

Have you managed to find the page to buy lift passes yet?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Agreed on the website
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Prices for this winter's lift passes now available:

https://www.lesarcs-peiseyvallandry.ski/en/forfaits_offre
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anyone going to start the 21/22 thread Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Don't rush to buy your passes just yet. In small print at the bottom of one of the emails they just sent was this

"On October 12th, we will reveal our special offers for the winter + summer season pass."
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
johnE wrote:
Don't rush to buy your passes just yet. In small print at the bottom of one of the emails they just sent was this

"On October 12th, we will reveal our special offers for the winter + summer season pass."
Hope the discount is more than a token gesture, as the season passes seem to be a fair bit more expensive thanI can remember paying the last time I bought one (November 2019 IIRC).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@rob@rar, The last season pass I bought was IIRC about 650€ and I got half back. The prices are looking very high this year
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The 10% discount at the Arpette with an Essentials pass though @johnE, that's got to worth something to you! Razz

( Oh, and looks like the Vanoise isn't opening until the 18th - the usual one week after the start of the season)

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 9-09-21 19:39; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arctic Roll wrote:
The 10% discount at the Arpette with an Essentials pass though @johnE, that's got to worth something to you! Razz
Is that a new thing? Never asked for a discount there, and I frequently pop in for a coffee or end of day beer.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@rob@rar, its on the page under "access good deals" button - quite a few things available : https://www.lesarcs-peiseyvallandry.ski/en/bons_plans
snow report
@Arctic Roll, thanks, that’s great. Will take advantage of some of those discounts this winter (I hope).
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
johnE wrote:

Hope the discount is more than a token gesture, as the season passes seem to be a fair bit more expensive thanI can remember paying the last time I bought one (November 2019 IIRC).

Here's to hoping they offer some decent deals, season passes for the family are eye-watering expensive...
ski holidays
@Gilly76, weren’t you aware that ‘ski’ actually stands for ‘spend kids inheritance’
Family skiing is Eh oh! Eh oh! ££
latest report
@thefatcontroller, As it has been a while, I'd kinda forgotten the pain of taking/paying for the kids...Can't wait for junior to start wanting steaks for his Dinner.. Shocked
snow report
@Gilly76, I have 3. The one time I took them and they had flipped from kiddie menu to filet steaks and drinks Eh oh! Eh oh! . Never again.
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
johnE wrote:

See the Eden ski website for the deal …. It’s 25% off an annual on there
https://www.edenski.com/cms/eden-price
snow conditions
@boredsurfin, thanks, that looks a bit better.
snow conditions
No sign early bird booking discount for lift passes? Not a season pass.
snow conditions
In other news, for those looking to the EuroStar - SNCF train options, it looks as if they've put the Saturday afternoon Paris / London trains back on the timetable now. Which means you can at least consider the option while waiting for news on the direct ski-trains.

As an alternate route, I'm trying to find out if the Thalys that you often see in the BSM station goes from Brussels Midi. Anyone got any experience? (Winter timetable not up yet). Might be a better timed connection and would be an alternative to shlepping across Paris.
latest report
From the main in seat 61:

COVID-19 update Winter 2021/22: The Eurostar direct ski trains didn't in winter 2020/21. However, 1 Eurostar Ski train per week will run in winter 2021/22, sold by TravelSki and financed by Compagnie des Alpes, which owns many of the resorts. This means it may not be sold as ticket-only on the Eurostar website, but as a package from tour operators and other sites. This is the latest news which was announced on 10 September, I'll post more details when known.

https://www.seat61.com/ski-by-train.htm
snow report
Arctic Roll wrote:
A public enquiry has opened into the replacing of the TransArc. It needs public support, although according to these documents is scheduled for opening in Dec. 2023... presumably based on getting said public support!

https://www.registre-dematerialise.fr/2563/documents

You can register your views by selecting "deposer un observation" , or go to https://www.registre-dematerialise.fr/2563/observation
The report of the environmental public enquiry has been published, and finds in favour of the work to renew of the TransArc gondola. The capacity of the new gondola will increase from 3,000 persons per hour to 3730, cabins will be a bit smaller (10 people rather than 15), and the journey time to the top will be about three minutes quicker (8.5 minutes compared to the current 11.5 minutes, I think).
snow conditions
@rob@rar, thanks.
@wills_h, think I saw an email with a discount available on 6 - 15 days passes from 15th Oct. for 10 days

Re trains: We're booked for Jan 15th onto our Eurostar bit, waiting on the SNCF to come good in a few weeks time. Brussels connections just didn't work.
Interestingly, looking at 11th Dec ( you know, a cheeky early trip might just be possible) you can do it 90 mins quicker than in January by taking the 10:24 from St P, change in Paris and getting to Bourg for 19.36. £218 pax.
May book it now, or, Eurostar themselves (as opposed to 'TheTrainLine') are offering through tickets (inc. change in Paris) to BSM from Nov 3rd. Wonder if they'll be signifcantly cheaper or more expensive by waiting... decisions decisions Smile .
latest report
Just had the email confirming discounts of 20 - 25% depending on Winter or Winter/Summer passes. Bought between October 15th until November 15th.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gilly76 wrote:
Just had the email confirming discounts of 20 - 25% depending on Winter or Winter/Summer passes. Bought between October 15th until November 15th.
Yes, just received the same. Anyone remember what the Paradiski season pass cost in 2019-20? The 20% discount on winter-only passes makes it a bit more reasonable, but IIRC it's still a big jump up in price from what I paid 2 seasons ago.
ski holidays
@rob@rar, La Plagne only Discounted season pass :
17/18 €750
18/19 €766
19/20 ??
20/21 €799.50 Paradiski €920

Hope that helps, looks like a €16 or €17 increase each year presuming Paradiski increases pro rata
ski holidays
@boredsurfin, thanks, perhaps this year isn’t as big an increase as I thought.
latest report
@rob@rar, Check ski a la carte it may work out cheaper than a season pass for you and certainly more convenient as it covers 3v as well this season.
https://www.skialacarte.fr/FrontOffice/
snow conditions
boredsurfin wrote:
@rob@rar, Check ski a la carte it may work out cheaper than a season pass for you and certainly more convenient as it covers 3v as well this season.
https://www.skialacarte.fr/FrontOffice/
Thanks, Jane has one, but in previous years when I’ve tried to do the maths a season pass comes out a bit better. Will have another look this year based on what skiing I think I’ll do.
snow conditions
Anyone got a view on wether my unused lift passes would still be valid?

I bought 4 passes online for New Year 2018, unfortunately two of the party couldn't travel so the resort allowed us to carry over the passes until the 19/20 season. We booked to go out over Easter, which then got cancelled due to Covid. The lift company said the passes would have been fine for the 20/21 season which never happened!!

Looking to get something booked in for early season and if I had 2 passes that would obviously swing the decision to go back to Les Arcs! I emailed the lift pass company last but haven't heard back.

regards,

Greg
ski holidays
Hi! I lost my snowboard in les arcs and I was wondering if anyone could help!

Any guidance would be hugely appreciated. Already been to all the ski shops, esf offices and tourist info now dont kniw where to look!

Merci,
Will Smile
latest report
WillyF wrote:
Hi! I lost my snowboard in les arcs and I was wondering if anyone could help!

Any guidance would be hugely appreciated. Already been to all the ski shops, esf offices and tourist info now dont kniw where to look!

Merci,
Will Smile

Try the 21/22 thread & good luck

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4890892#4890892
ski holidays
Thank you!
ski holidays
Hi all, quick Arc 1800 question

where is the bagagerie in Les Villards 1800? It is unclear on the map and says it's in the bus stop but when looking on google earth and from past visits to Les Villards the bus stop is an underground road with no shops/rooms for baggage storage. Is it a new shop?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy