Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Italy Late Season - Where?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The family didn't ski last year because we were supposed to be going to Australia. That got canned thanks to C-19 and with no prospect of Australia opening up before the middle of 2021 its likely we wont now go until Xmas 2021 at the earliest!

Given the C-19 uncertainty (not to mention Brexit) we are keeping our plans fluid for 2020/21 and will in all likelihood ski around Easter time. Given that currently Italy is not on the restricted list of countries I am interested in getting a feel for what late season skiing is like there and where people would recommend going for the week 3/4 to 10/4.

Appreciate your advice!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Livigno or Cervinia - both high and snowsure - but they do have drawbacks. Many find Cervinia bland in terms of skiing although there are links to Zermatt. Livigno is strung out along the valley and convenience is not top of its attractions. I've enjoyed my trips to both, by the way.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's often a misconception that high means good late snow.
It's all about being north facing. Pila faces north. Not as high as Cervina but far better snow quality late on.
Like Cervina, it's got a bit of a French feel, but that's altitude skiing for you
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks. I was in Cervinia in January last year and it was great. My concern about Cervinia in April is that it is largely South facing so whilst high, the piste will soften, especially lower down into the village. Was thinking about Livigno, but hadn't really though of Pila. So will look at it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@FrediKanoute, we had booked a nice looking place in La Thuile for Easter just gone. For obvious reason we never actually got there. Though La Thuile is ski and run linked with La Rosière. I don’t know if you can end up needing to self isolate in return if you take the wrong turn / lift???

I Haven’t checked their dates but we have been early April to Gressoney and is lovely there. They close relatively early - not driven by lack of snow.

Edit to add:

This was where we had booked for April just gone

https://www.chaletalpina.com/
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@FrediKanoute, yes La Thuile is a good option - we've been there on the dates you are looking at and had loads of good quality snow and a great time. A possible advantage it has is all but one of their lifts are rickety, old, covid-avoiding chairlifts!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the Dolomites usually get latish snow and there the snow making is excelent ...I have skied on great pistes through brown fields
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm a great fan of the Dollies and their snow making is the best in the world. I've skies through Covara golf course on a ribbon of man made snow whilst the golfers were chipping over the pistes on to the greens. That said, it was very very slushy in April. Only high up in Arabba was anything like normal skiing in the whole area. Early season skiing on the man made ribbons is great, but I'm not sure about late skiing. The Dolomites also have the best sunshine record in the Alps...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've skied Cervinia the first week in April for the past 5 years (except this year obvs).
Only 1 year has it not been possible to ski down to the town on the Cretaz side. It can get soft late afternoon, but we've never had a problem getting down to Plan Maison for the gondola down. And of course you can go across to Zermatt.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Naples
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy