Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chemmy Alcott to be lead presenter on Ski Sunday

Poster: A snowHead
Shocked https://twitter.com/skigrahambell/status/1311239512362803201?s=21
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I really hope they dont bring in Jenny Jones to co present with Chemmy instead of Ed, if both those ladies are on it who will I drool over first rolling eyes sorry I need to go and have a cold shower thinking about it
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When I have been exposed to the mass herd of British skiers overwhelmingly they tend to be of a certain gender, age, class, and race all of which is a complete anathama to the broke wokes at the BBC.
Anyone chosen will have to conform to some intersectional dictate which is political which is not the within the BBC mandate.

DEFUND THE BBC
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Super Steezy, whenever I see someone who uses terms like "broke woke", and "DEFUND THE BBC", I can't help thinking that the poster has become the latest victim of the Tory propaganda campaign to eliminate all sources of news which aren't owned by the Murdoch family or a friendly Russian with lots of cash to donate to the cause.

In other words, you're worse than the people you seek to denigrate.

The BBC is broadly impartial. Almost all of the time, it is more anti-government than pro-government, because governments are in power and capable of getting things right or wrong. The opposition get a slightly easier ride because they are none of those. The exceptions to that were Brexit and Corbyn, where to me it looked like the BBC was indeed guilty of bias - but in the opposite direction to the one you seem to accuse it of, which probably means that it was neither.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
All media is poison
especially the filth peddled by the aussie scum and worst still the swivel eyed lunatics at the telegraph.
However the BBC is infected by identity politics that septic American cultural virus.
It is my choice if I choose to have sky Or RT in my house as I don’t pay if I don’t want.
The BBC is operating on a bias that I find divisive and illiberal being more mindful of the minority than the majority for that I do not what to pay for it.
DEFUND THE BBC
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Super Steezy, Power to the people Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

the BBC is infected by identity politics

Wait. What?
You object to Alcott, possibly the UKs most recognisable skier since Eddie the Eagle, to getting the presenter gig on Ski Sunday because she is a woman? Who would be more qualified than her in the UK to take over from Bell while he's off doing spangly-unitards?

You want to defund the BBC over that? Fine, do it - you have the power in your hands right now. Stop your TV license and don't watch live broadcast TV or live streams. Done.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
and she looks better in a hot tub..... And, tbf, out of a hot tub
which may be why there are some referring to woody issues....Oooh matron Laughing
Quote:
I find Chemmy rather wooden in front of the camera
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The BBC licence fee is a separate issue from Ski Sunday hosting, let's keep the thread on topic. Chemmy's experience as a skier at a standard most of us could not even aspire to, and as a presenter make her eminently suitable for the job.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
achilles wrote:
The BBC licence fee is a separate issue from Ski Sunday hosting, let's keep the thread on topic. Chemmy's experience as a skier at a standard most of us could not even aspire to, and as a presenter make her eminently suitable for the job.

+1
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Everything you always wanted to know about Graham Bell (within reason) ...

https://www.entertainmentdaily.co.uk/tv/dancing-on-ice-graham-bell-who-is-he-and-what-is-he-famous-for/
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Davina Goldballs wrote:
Everything you always wanted to know about Graham Bell (within reason) ...

https://www.entertainmentdaily.co.uk/tv/dancing-on-ice-graham-bell-who-is-he-and-what-is-he-famous-for/

As a five time olympian he only seems to be an “accomplished skier” whereas Chemmy is a “ski racer”. Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
achilles wrote:
...Chemmy's experience as a skier at a standard most of us could not even aspire to, and as a presenter make her eminently suitable for the job.

The fact that she is an excellent skier and may know her stuff does not automatically mean she is a good presenter or interviewer.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bob wrote:
ousekjarr wrote:
Is this more evidence for those convinced that the BBC is now pursuing an equality agenda? Remove a grey middle aged man and replace him by someone from an under-represented group? wink

Is middle class surrey under represented?

I reckon that in the Salford-centric 'new' BBC, middle-class Surrey might well be under-represented! Very Happy

(I think Ms Alcott is more Middlesex than Surrey but no matter!)
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I just wish they'd put it on for the whole season and for an hour at a time. Although I'm still not sure what the actual calendar is beyond Sölden it is all in Europe and, I think Levi apart, all in the Alps so never a better or cheaper opportunity to do it and see how the ratings go.

Alas, it'll probably just be the usual 6 weeks from Adelboden through to the World Championships. rolling eyes
snow report
LOTA wrote:
(I think Ms Alcott is more Middlesex than Surrey but no matter!)
That's correct, lives near me. Definitely Middlesex, although as Middlesex is these days simply a postal address it would be better to describe her as a London girl.
snow conditions
Thought she was more Sussex than Surrey/Middlesex
snow report
andy wrote:
Thought she was more Sussex than Surrey/Middlesex
I think she grew up in Twickenham.
snow conditions
I think she grew up in Brighton, then moved to Twickenham. Went to school in Surbiton.
snow report
Super Steezy wrote:
All media is poison
especially the filth peddled by the aussie scum and worst still the swivel eyed lunatics at the telegraph.
However the BBC is infected by identity politics that septic American cultural virus.
It is my choice if I choose to have sky Or RT in my house as I don’t pay if I don’t want.
The BBC is operating on a bias that I find divisive and illiberal being more mindful of the minority than the majority for that I do not what to pay for it.
DEFUND THE BBC

I just assumed he was being ironic (or does RT mean Russian Television)
snow report
The BBC seems to be replacing older presenters with younger ones... Confused

The replacement of the long running 'Question of Sport' Show presenters is another example of this happening. Mad
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy