Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Britons' Brexit residency card website delayed again

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
From the Connexion

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/Brexit/Britons-Brexit-residency-card-website-delayed-again

The opening of the new website for Britons living in France to apply for obligatory new residency cards has been delayed again, The Connexion has been told.

It is now expected that the website will open on October 15 and not October 1 as previously stated.

The British Embassy has confirmed this after it received written confirmation of the change from the French Interior Ministry.

The delay has been caused by difficulties with scheduling a slot at the Conseil d’Etat for validation of a decree on the details of Britons’ applications for the new cards, such as what documents will be required.

It comes after a previous delay from July 1, which was put down to work backlogs in prefectures, which were closed during the confinement period and were said not to be ready to process applications for Britons.

A draft of the decree was prepared by Interior Ministry officials in July and it had been hoped that it would be validated over the summer holiday period by the Conseil, France's top administrative authority, leaving time for any required final tweaks, before October 1. The validation by the Conseil has now been delayed for another two weeks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pretty sure there won't be anything like that for expats in Austria. There's fewer than 10,000 of us, so appearance in person at the BH, fill the form, pay the money, rubber stamp annual fun.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
One notes the speed at which this has happened .....when was the UK site up and running ..to loud complaints that it wasn't fast enough .....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@queenie pretty please, this isn't just for residency, it's also for those seeking work, study and retiree visa/options.

Also think one might still have to go in person to either the local Prefecture of even Consulate, will actually know more when it goes live obviously.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Weathercam, residency and work permit is the same thing in Austria.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Do you not still need a Carte de Sejour in France. We had a 5 and then a 10 year one when we moved there in 1996. I was told that we could apply for citizenship after the 10 year one was up for renewal but we left France in 2006 before it expired. Still have it somewhere.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Brits have not previously needed a CDS to live in France, as until Brexit they were European.....
As of Jan 1st 2021, the withdrawal period ends and we have until 30th June 2021 to apply for a CDS to remain as a French resident
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@KenX,
Brits are still european, we are just not EU Citizens.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@KenX, the French must have stopped it after 2001, there was a lot of discussion when we were applying for them that it was against EU law. All the Brits had them as well as the other EU expats we knew from Sweeden, Greece, Belgium and the Netherlands. The Greek chap i knew got citizenship but had a hard time on his language test.

Couldn't get an airport ID card without one. I seem to recall we needed them as well for things like car loans and mortgages.

Three monthly trips to the Police Municipal to renew the Recepisse, and eventually a day at the Prefecture to sort out problems with my wife's application. Such fun.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Gilberts Fridge, I think it was around 2003 that the law was passed.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy