Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and The Espace Killy 2020/2021. (Useful links updated on Page 1)

Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking about getting a Yad Moss pass. More likely to get value out of it than anything in France I fear.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
All the secondary school kids in Stratford and Evesham walk around without masks - go into shops etc without them. The return to universities and the irresponsible behaviour of some means this kind of fiasco will continue ad nauseam. Until politicians actual grasp the nettle and blame the populace - reward those that obey the advice and restrict the freedom of those that do not we will be stuck in this loop.
All over Europe and elsewhere if everyone followed distancing etc there would be no significant issue. I have lost an uncle so I know the dangers

And yes I am in a seriously bad mood this morning - skiing is the last sport I can still do to a decent standard and the idiots have stopped me doing it!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 31-10-20 14:26; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@chocksaway, now that’s a thought that’s cheered me up! Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Breaking news: Le Tour de France arrives in Tignes on 4 Jul 2021, with a rest day on the 5th.
So tempest willing something to look forward to!

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 1-11-20 21:17; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chocksaway wrote:
Breaking news: Le Tour de France arrives in Tignes on 2 Jul 2021, with a rest day on the 5th.

What's happening on the 3rd & 4th?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Finger trouble.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 1-11-20 21:18; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Kenzie, Fixed, Thanks! Fingers bigger than keys!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chocksaway wrote:
@Kenzie, Fixed, Thanks! Fingers bigger than keys!

There's a lot worse than that going on in Yorkshire at the moment!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@chocksaway,
Quote:

Finger trouble.

Quote:

There's a lot worse than that going on in Yorkshire at the moment!

High sixes all round NehNeh
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@GeorgeVII, Oi!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
chocksaway wrote:
Breaking news: Le Tour de France arrives in Tignes on 4 Jul 2021, with a rest day on the 5th.

Yay, in the diary! The return to complete last year’s curtailed stage. Fab. Fingers crossed for less rain, hail and snow - than in July 2019

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 12-11-20 21:36; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spotted on the Tignes App this morning. "EXTENSION OF OUR SEASONAL PROMOTIONAL OFFERS".

"The purchase deadline for our lowest Season Promo skipass is extended until 18/12/2020"
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Good. Thought they would probably have to extend it for the British. Makes business sense as well as some appreciation of their clientele.
Do wonder if snow permitting they are thinking about extending the season well into May - at least on the glacier. Us oldies are likely to be vaccinated by then.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mark1863, Also clearly states that an unused pass will be fully refunded and if skiing ends early due to covid closure there will be a pro-rata refund. (on Season passes).
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
GeorgeVII wrote:
Spotted on the Tignes App this morning. "EXTENSION OF OUR SEASONAL PROMOTIONAL OFFERS".

"The purchase deadline for our lowest Season Promo skipass is extended until 18/12/2020"

The cynic in me says this is due to poor sales, the pessimist in me says that this is an indication of when the lift company expects to start operating again - 19th Dec Shocked
snow conditions
Hmmmmmmnn. The former I suggest
snow conditions
@Kenzie,

@Maersk,

I suspect that it's a combination of the two factors. Low uptake of season passes because of uncertainty . (certainly the case for me).

And I've seen suggestions that Val D' doesn't expect to be open until the second half of December at the earliest so Tignes may follow suit.
ski holidays
@GeorgeVII, The races in Val d'Isere have been declared to be without spectators, probably easier to do if the whole area is closed.

The cutoff date for my cheap season pass elsewhere is tomorrow, the lift company does offer a refund but still haven't made up my mind about it.
ski holidays
@rjs, yes, three weeks of Criterium racing "behind closed doors". 5th to 20th of December. I can't find the info now but I think all racing is planned to take place on the OK/Orange pistes finishing in La Daille.

Unless they get very lucky with the weather in the next three weeks they're going to have some serious snowmaking to do.
snow report
E mail arrived this morning from the Owners scheme. The deadlines for owners discounts on parking and lift passes have been put back to 18 Dec.
snow report
All racing on OK/Orange https://www.worldcup-valdisere.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/cp-go-criteriumdelapremiereneige2020.pdf
ski holidays
Looking at the lack of snow and the weather the course may well have to be from the top of the Bellvarde to the Folie....
snow report
@chocksaway,
Quote:

the course may well have to be from the top of the Bellvarde to the Folie....

That would probably mean no Downhill or SuperG. I reckon they'd be at the finish in less than half a minute.
latest report
@chocksaway, Looks like the races have been confirmed based on the weather forecast rather than the snow right now.
snow report
@rjs, Not much snow in the forecast till the 27th Nov and positive temps through the day in the week ahead at resort level so sniw making will be tricky. Any forecast beyond that is little more than a guess... hope it comes off for them.
latest report
Remember 1995 being just like this. We have had several good starts in recent years.
In 1995, if memory serves, there was nothing off the glacier until around Christmas. Hopefully it will not be as bad as that. We still have a good couple of weeks before the racing.
If there was great snow about it would pretty hard to take at the moment!! Being stuck at home is bad enough.
ski holidays
@Mark1863, 2014 (or 15?) was the same
latest report
As long as there is enough once I am able to come I will be happy.
The Oxford vaccine group were saying on Today on Radio 4 this morning that their phase 2 trail showed a "neutralising antibody response" in 99%+ of the sample. They are due to deliver Phase 3 results before Christmas. Given government have 100 million doses on order this is the only one I would be likely to get before the end of the season - if of course it is proven to work before the New Year.
Still hopeful of at least a few weeks in the area this season
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@holidayloverxx, Yes, it was the year I took up skinning with Tigski! Only the glacier open and the big student week clashed with Inmaculada, carnage was an understatement. Walked up to the snowline then skinned up. I think it was 15.......
ski holidays
Mark1863 wrote:
As long as there is enough once I am able to come I will be happy.
The Oxford vaccine group were saying on Today on Radio 4 this morning that their phase 2 trail showed a "neutralising antibody response" in 99%+ of the sample. They are due to deliver Phase 3 results before Christmas. Given government have 100 million doses on order this is the only one I would be likely to get before the end of the season - if of course it is proven to work before the New Year.
Still hopeful of at least a few weeks in the area this season

I think you will be lucky if half the population is 'treated' before May.................... roll on '22
snow conditions
Not sure I'm too bothered about the rest of the population, so long as I can be "treated" and I'm allowed in..
ski holidays
I think you will be lucky if half the population is 'treated' before May.................... roll on '22
[/quote]

Age may have it's advantages after all Confused
ski holidays
Mark1863 wrote:
Remember 1995 being just like this. We have had several good starts in recent years.
In 1995, if memory serves, there was nothing off the glacier until around Christmas. Hopefully it will not be as bad as that. We still have a good couple of weeks before the racing.
If there was great snow about it would pretty hard to take at the moment!! Being stuck at home is bad enough.

For glacier resorts like Tignes this is actually good for business as everywhere else is likely to be shut. Toofy Grin
It would be worse now than 1995 as the glacier is smaller than it was then. Sad
snow conditions
philwig wrote:
Not sure I'm too bothered about the rest of the population, so long as I can be "treated" and I'm allowed in..

Unfettered travel will rely on a large percentage of Europe being 'treated'.
ski holidays
Must be a bit cooler. Cannons are running on various runs this morning. And 'Val have posted a video of cannons blasting away too.
snow conditions
Ski VIP have gone belly up in Val. Cross fingers for all the good Tignes companies. Our interest their income.
latest report
I have met a few Mark Warner sHs, so I''ll repeat myself from another thread. MW have dropped all Dec departures except Dec27 from their website.
snow report
@chocksaway,

Sad
snow report
Not exactly big news but I can see from the webcams that piste bashers have been moving the piles of cannon snow to start forming a base on Double M.
latest report
I have just realised that I should have been pulling up out side the Alpine residence almost to the minute. To quote Captain Darling:

Made a note in my diary on the way here. Simply says: "Bug ger".
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy