Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and The Espace Killy 2020/2021. (Useful links updated on Page 1)

Poster: A snowHead
Never come across an independent place that does that, sorry @Mother hucker. But I have left my gear with my accommodation provider when I've had to nip off for short periods - have you tried yours?

Took a peek at webcams this morning and the coming season's piste map. No sign of Marais chairlift being reinstated for 21/22 which might be a nuisance. And it does look like the spoil from Club Med in VC is being used to re-profile the end of Carline. Webcams show lots of new 'dirt' across the top of the half-pipe and the piste map now suggests you can finish the run either side of it. I think that might be welcome for a lot of folk who would be lured down a blue but are then struggling on what was effectively a final bit of red.

Lift pass prices are also published now, looking like €1,074 for an early-bird season pass which generously includes autumn on the glacier too! And the Grande Motte is getting an occasional dusting of fresh, just to lift our spirits and cross our fingers for more...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bobski62 wrote:
No sign of Marais chairlift being reinstated for 21/22 which might be a nuisance.

Was this taken out last year? Was there in Dec 19 can't remember if it was running then.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, it was taken out; I think it had reached the point where it couldn't be certified. Plan was for 20/21 to be without it and for its replacement (4-person detachable chair, I think second-hand) to be in for 21/22. But looks like that plan is delayed. Could create more congestion for folk coming over from Boisses / Brev and I suspect the pisteurs won't be happy as it's a much longer schelp for them to get to accident victims in that sector. If anyone has any more info on it, do share.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Mother hucker, Are you stopping in the same place. If you are it might be worth asking the owner if they have space in their cave. Nearly all apts have them, just depends on full they are. If not on your first trip ask around, you never know.

Nothing to add on Marais chair, with no money coming in last year it would be hard to expect STGM to stump up. They do not own the lifts but are required to reinvest a % of takings which is formalised in their licence to operate.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
not in the same apartments. I need to get friendly with with local.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Mother hucker, PM me when you are there I might be able to help. Not sure what my movements will be, but have mates with caves!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
chocksaway that would be brilliant thanx
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've seen the glacier looking alot worse in previous Septembers! Fingers crossed for a great season to make up for the past 2!

ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@chocksaway - is it time yet?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Grinning, bit busy this week, I'm away from my laptop!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
I've seen the glacier looking alot worse in previous Septembers!
Indeed! We've skied glacial ice at Tignes in early November - so it does look very inviting Very Happy I've posted Hintertux pics elsewhere on here today - looks nice there too at the moment.

Fingers crossed for a great season.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Old Fartbag, Another of the spy network has just arrived in Tignes. Nevada Sports aka JoJos den is now a rental agency so maybe he has retired finally......

In other news from Rue de la Poste Cafe Flo is now (another) estate agency/building mgt company.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
chocksaway wrote:
@Old Fartbag, Another of the spy network has just arrived in Tignes. Nevada Sports aka JoJos den is now a rental agency so maybe he has retired finally......

In other news from Rue de la Poste Cafe Flo is now (another) estate agency/building mgt company.

Thank you for taking the trouble.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
chocksaway wrote:

I am always amazed at just how many agencies there are - no idea how they all make cash. I know someone who works for one and it seems to be mainly renting out accom in one block (also in R dl P).
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Online sale of lift passes was not operating - saison 21/22 promo. I queried that as I have a credit with them and they advised, very promptly, that their online sales service will reopen “around 10/10/2021”.
Just in time for 16/10/2021 glacier reopening (fingers crossed).

As an aside, I was (and am) really stymied why CDA would close a pre-season cash revenue opportunity? I do not think it’s a staffing issue as they got back to my enquiry sharpish and much if not all online sales require the bare minimum of human interaction. I think they first offered the promo at the beginning of September. Maybe they’ve been waiting to find out what Pass Sanitaire hoops they might have to jump through.
ski holidays
@Grinning, ive just purchased our passes for the season in line
latest report
Mother hucker wrote:
@Grinning, ive just purchased our passes for the season in line

How weird @Mother hucker - email from tignes-CDA advising re-opening 10/10. I checked the skipass-tignes site again and it still says “La vente en ligne est actuellement fermée. Infos et achats directement aux caisses”.

Did you buy from the property partner site perhaps?
snow report
on the VDI ticket site 2 adult season passes 2 infant season passes
ski holidays
Thanks @Mother hucker - Tignes is down but VDI is online and running. The VDI account does not show my credit which is on the Tignes account so it looks like I’ll be waiting but no rush. Happy 2021/22
snow report
@Mother hucker, Thanks

For those who still have a Val d’Isere credit from season passes in 2019/20 the promo code works fine to reduce the cost of this seasons pass
Also you can add covid certified buffs/masks to your order along with other merchandise.
ski holidays
any free day passes at other resorts with season EK pass?
ski holidays
@Mother hucker, 2 free days at St Foy and a discount on 2 days at La Rosiere.
If your season pass is discounted due to your employment you don’t qualify for the free days.
ski holidays
@muppet, Cheers. Not that fussed about skiing either of those.
snow report
@Mother hucker, If it is blowing a gale in Tignes and you have a vehicle Ste Foy can suddenly become very attractive....
latest report
chocksaway wrote:
@Mother hucker, If it is blowing a gale in Tignes and you have a vehicle Ste Foy can suddenly become very attractive....

Shut up, shut up shut up! You'll be talking about Ste powder when the Espace is 'all tracked out' wink next!!
snow conditions
@Kenzie, Laughing Never, nor will I reveal the touring routes I know, honest.

I might however talk about long spring lunches on the terrace at Les Marquises, having played the tyre valve game for who is driving home!
ski holidays
Great that the glacier - which isn't looking too bad at all for early October - is opening on 16.10.21 Very Happy

In view of the Club Med development, is there any word on where autumnal glacier visitors will park? And will it be free parking up to the start of the winter season (as it has been in previous years)?
snow report
chocksaway wrote:

manger des frites et boire de la bière
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mountainaddict wrote:
Great that the glacier - which isn't looking too bad at all for early October - is opening on 16.10.21 Very Happy

I'm not sure that's a current image as the Grand Motte webcam has been offline for a week. Have to say I'm a bit shocked by the glacier shrinkage. The bottom of the Rosalin draglift seem to be close to be encroached by the small lake of water there, which I'd not seen before. The rock outcrop around the bottom section of the Champagney draglift is now massive, and makes creating a piste back to the start of the lift very tricky. This photo is from just 11 years ago, and the difference is a bit stark. Not quite sure what those two embankments are - perhaps something they have built to make it possible for skiers to get back to lifts?

snow conditions
chocksaway wrote:

Oh well, it's been threatened for long enough.

So now who should we go to for boots in Tignes?!
latest report
@rob@rar, what time of year was that pic from 11 years ago taken?
latest report
kitenski wrote:
@rob@rar, what time of year was that pic from 11 years ago taken?
29 September 2010.
snow conditions
Tom Doc wrote:

1. Clarey Sports /Ski Fast/Sport 2000 (I think they are amalgamated now) on Rue de la Poste.....ask for Jean Charles (probably the better bootfitter) or Guy Clarey - info care of Chocksaway.
2. Mountain Story (ask for Sandrine) - info care of Mother hucker.

In Val D'Isere - Killy Sports (Bruno - I think).
ski holidays
@rob@rar, Wow, very sobering Sad
ski holidays
Old Fartbag wrote:
Tom Doc wrote:

If the thread has expanded to Val m’isère, then Yanick at Mountain Pro (Val guide shop) is excellent. You’ve just got to go there when it’s quiet which is when everyone is skiing.
latest report
Grinning wrote:

If the thread has expanded to Val m’isère, then Yanick at Mountain Pro (Val guide shop) is excellent. You’ve just got to go there when it’s quiet which is when everyone is skiing.

I'm not sure it has - but it is an option (which is why I mentioned it) - and so recommendations are always worth knowing.
snow report
Old Fartbag wrote:
Tom Doc wrote:

1. Clarey Sports /Ski Fast/Sport 2000 (I think they are amalgamated now) on Rue de la Poste.....ask for Jean Charles (probably the better bootfitter) or Guy Clarey - info care of Chocksaway.
2. Mountain Story (ask for Sandrine) - info care of Mother hucker.

Thanks.
snow report
Quote:
I'm not sure that's a current image as the Grand Motte webcam has been offline for a week
Whoops, my mistake - the photo that I posted was from 27.9.21. I had thought it was an October image...Sorry.
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
@rob@rar, Wow, very sobering Sad

If you want sobering, go on YouTube & search for 'Tignes glacier retreat 2010-2015'. Shocked
ski holidays
Webcam shows a light dusting of snow almost down to VC level which lifts the spirits a bit!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy