Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and The Espace Killy 2020/2021. (Useful links updated on Page 1)

Poster: A snowHead
Ouch!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chocksaway wrote:
I have just realised that I should have been pulling up out side the Alpine residence almost to the minute. To quote Captain Darling:

Made a note in my diary on the way here. Simply says: "Bug ger".

I know the feeling Sad

The snow conditions might not be ideal but I would have been happy catching up with friends, waxing skis and doing general jobs.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Does anyone know the likelihood or otherwise of resort opening next week? Clearly GM area only if COVID allows. When will the decision be made?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
This is from Radio Val d’Isere today

A videoconference meeting was held yesterday morning between mountain stakeholders and several members of the government, including the Prime Minister. No major announcement has been made, by this means that the opening date of the station is still not known. In the introduction, Jean Castex said he understood the economic challenges of winter sports resorts, but believes that this sector of activity also represents strong potential circulation on the spread of the virus. Two opposing scenarios were still under consideration yesterday. Either the stations will remain closed for the winter, in which case economic compensation for the players is being debated, or the stations could open for the holidays. In this second scenario, the question is whether restaurants and bars could also reopen. Professionals and Prime Minister agree that the decision must be taken within 10 days if the health situation improves. The President of the Republic is due to speak at 8 p.m. this evening.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@muppet,
Quote:
or the stations could open for the holidays

Presumably this means French school holidays? So if I've understood correctly they've now ruled out the lifts being open anywhere in France from the 4th of January to the 6th of Feb and from the 8th of March to the 10th of April? Pretty devastating if so
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
From Euronews.com last night

November 28

Shops can reopen under strict hygiene restrictions
Lockdown will continue but restrictions on how long you can leave home for are eased. Currently, the French can exercise for up to an hour within a one-kilometre radius of their home. That will be extended to a radius of 20 kilometres for up to three hours.
Religious centres can reopen but with no more than 30 people at any one time.

December 15

Lockdown is lifted if the health situation continues to improve, allowing people to move around the country and spend Christmas with their families and friends.
Cinemas, theatres and museums will reopen their doors.
Instead of a lockdown, the country will revert to a night-time curfew (9 pm to 7 am).
Bars and restaurants will stay closed over Christmas
Ski resorts are unlikely to be open for Christmas, says Macron, but a final decision is expected in the coming days. Macron said he favours a reopening in January under good conditions and that he would like to coordinate with the rest of Europe on this issue.

January 20

If the health situation allows it, restaurants will be allowed to reopen.
There is no indication at this stage when bars will be able to open again
Sports centres and gyms will be allowed to reopen
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's snowing.......
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
About blooming time!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Mark1863,
Quote:

About blooming time!!

Still snowing.. wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mark Warners earliest departure is now 14 Feb, battening down the hatches?
First week as half term week will be a challenge!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Certainly people coming up on the chair to the Panoramic this morning. Thought it was all shut! Or is it elite only?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Mark1863, There is some elite training going on up there, according to an e mail from La Mairie. Not surprising, as not many other places open yet for the French team
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Some of the cannons were running in 'Lac this morning. Looks much more wintry with the Lake freezing over and a temperature of -10c.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Noticed that Val d'Isere have removed all their ski passes from sale but they are still available on the Tignes site.

Previously the pre-season discount had been extended to 18/12. Seems like you can still get this for Tignes but not sure what will happen in Val when the site re-opens. Anyone know?

Is it going to be better to get a Tignes one now and apply for any refund for the unused period or wait for any new offers when they go back on sale?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mark1863 wrote:
Certainly people coming up on the chair to the Panoramic this morning. Thought it was all shut! Or is it elite only?

Elite only + professional training.
My son's best buddy's dad is a trainer for the French women's team and they have been busy busy all autumn...
snow conditions
@sno trax,
We got this email from Val d’isere about ski passes

http://app.images.compagniedesalpes.fr/e/
ski holidays
Don’t think the link is working but this was the basic information

Skipass information

If you already have bought your skipass for a stay before the 15th of January, we will automatically refund you in full. You do not have to do anything, you will receive a refund and a confirmation of the cancellation shortly.

If you have already ordered a season pass, we are currently waiting to find out the opening date of the ski area and will compensate you accordingly. We will let you know inform you as soon as possible.

If you have not yet ordered your ski pass, either for a short stay or for the season, we recommend that you wait a little longer. We will get back to you very soon with more information.
latest report
@muppet, thanks. I think I got the same message. Just don't want to be stiched up paying full peak season rate rather than the early season rate when they go back on sale.
snow report
Snowing moderately in Le Lac but looks quite windy at altitude.
ski holidays
Lavachet drag lift due to open today
ski holidays
https://www.bfmtv.com/economie/stations-de-ski-vers-une-reouverture-des-remontees-mecaniques-le-7-janvier_AD-202012110204.html?fbclid=IwAR0FunV4BBPWYQdOt3abEWOYW2pZn833WmuTbvX3gu5G2VFLS-qsXjLSWDY

Chances? Not up to date with infection rates in France
snow report
Today would have been my first ski day in Tignes....My birthday too... so would have been out for a nice meal somewhere about now.... rolling eyes

What might have been...Next cancelled Tignes trip will be mid-January....

Still, a nice walk (in the rain) at Hadrian's Wall today instead....
ski holidays
Happy birthday MA snowHead snowHead

Hope to have some runs with you and Mrs MA sometime this year at YM.

Hope you get abroad sometime this season.
snow conditions
Seeing reports elsewhere of ski-tourers caught in an avalanche in the Chardonnet area today. Injuries but no fatalities and possibly involving a Heli evac.
snow conditions
Cheers Peter S. Will look forward to catching up with you at Yad Moss, Glencoe or wherever! Smile
ski holidays
@GeorgeVII, just had a message from a spy in camp, Grapillon des Merles, avalanche, broken leg, helo trip.
snow conditions
@chocksaway, so not your broken leg? Just read a post on another thread wondering if it is you.
latest report
@Pamski, indeed Embarassed
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
muppet wrote:
Don’t think the link is working but this was the basic information

Skipass information

If you already have bought your skipass for a stay before the 15th of January, we will automatically refund you in full. You do not have to do anything, you will receive a refund and a confirmation of the cancellation shortly.

If you have already ordered a season pass, we are currently waiting to find out the opening date of the ski area and will compensate you accordingly. We will let you know inform you as soon as possible.

If you have not yet ordered your ski pass, either for a short stay or for the season, we recommend that you wait a little longer. We will get back to you very soon with more information.

Strangely I haven't had the email.

I'm wondering whether to buy now to lock in my 30% discount, or wait. I also have a credit from the refund on last year's pass and I have to use that this season.

I have emailled the pass office.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Tue 15-12-20 16:02; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
@bar shaker, They have suspended all lift pass sales in Val d’Isere for the time being. I presume the lift company are also waiting for an official update just like the rest of us.
latest report
chocksaway wrote:
@Pamski, indeed Embarassed

indeed it is or indeed it isn't?
snow report
@holidayloverxx, 2 threads got involved in this, just to reiterate not me. I'm in Yorkshire gardening!

I blame the flu jab, my offending post was Sunday, I had a head full of cotton wool after my first ever flu jab on Sat.
snow conditions
@chocksaway, phew!
ski holidays
muppet wrote:
@bar shaker, They have suspended all lift pass sales in Val d’Isere for the time being. I presume the lift company are also waiting for an official update just like the rest of us.

Thanks for the update
snow report
@bar shaker, I emailed the lift pass office and they said they would carry the credit over if it isn't used this year. You need to email them 5th May 2021 and ask them to carry it over. This is Tignes - not sure about VdI but I would suspect they would be simiar.
snow report
@lynnecha, Thanks, it’s useful to know the credit on cancelled lift passes can be extended.
Hopefully we won’t need that option.
snow report
chocksaway wrote:
@GeorgeVII, just had a message from a spy in camp, Grapillon des Merles, avalanche, broken leg, helo trip.

Ouch - maybe why Tignes Marie are drafting “Arrete” bye-laws confining skinning to controlled areas.
latest report
Looks like the magic carpet is working.
ski holidays
@lynnecha, thanks. I've mailed them but no reply yet.

After this weekend (we are in Tier 4), I suspect it is very unlikely we will get out to the apartment before March... at the earliest.
ski holidays
Just had some sad news from a mate in Tignes that Patrice the Boss in the Arbina Restaurant (universally known as Arbina upstairs until Danski took it) has died in his sleep in Mallorca, the 3 sisters (he was married to one) had just sold the whole complex. My fondest memory of him was a big birthday of mine when he appeared with his bottle of 'Vodka Pat'- twas a long night!

He was always good at telling the photogs not to bother us, mates rarely worked out why.

Taken far too young, I regularly used to see him last season skiing off the beaten track.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy