Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Claviere on 19th Dec

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone,

Now that I have flights booked to Turin for 19th Dec , my next questions are where to go and where to stay? It has to be Italy this time for quarantine reasons.

So, initially thought Sestriere & Sauze D'Oulx.

Can anyone recommend a good place to stay there? And anywhere else to stay like Claviere, for example? I am looking for budget accommodation for 8 people.

By the way, is 19th Dec a concern for snow reliability?

Jon
Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@jonnyboy9, I would say Claviere would be the best place as the snow is more reliable in Montgenevre/Claviere than Sauze early/late season. However if you ski in Montgenevre would you need to quarantine? (the quarantine is a bit bonkers really for international ski areas when people can move easily between two countries!) Claviere on its own would be a small area and it is a bit of a trek from there to Sauze/Sestriere.

I also think that it is too early to tell which countries quarantine will apply to by Christmas. I expect Italy will get added at some point under the current criteria. Then it will be a case of whether the government changes the criteria on applying FCDO restrictions and what rules other countries apply to us if we end up with higher numbers than them. Hopefully testing will improve and quarantine will be reduced.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, we have free changes on flights up until 5th Dec. So, we do have options to delay if need be.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How hard is it to go from Claviere to Sestriere?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Clavier to Sestriere etc is a big down and up. You might do it once in a week but not regularly, too much faff at Cesana. There's a reasonable amount of skiing for one week Montgenevre\Claviere. You can also have a day in Serre Chevalier and I'd do that if I wanted to try a different resort
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy