Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

1080's

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Probably the best PISTE ski on earth.

Last year I had PR's in foot deep powder every day and they are STILL the perfect ski for those conditions.

This year I started on PR's but the piste was a little to hard and the off piste was trashed by over use so I swapped for Atomic skiercross thingies. These were to stiff, heavy and only any good for going FAF GS style down blues and reds (not my bag).
Took them back and got 1080's......Good god almighty!
Hard pack, moguls, packed off piste, contours, natural 1/2 pipes, you name it these things rocked my skiing world.

If you get the chance give them a blast.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's not surprising U liked them when you're a PR fan - I think they have pretty similar characters to them.
Call me a Nu-skool-stick-in-the-mud but I'll still take the PR's though.

BTW, what lengths were U using in each?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Told you they were brill - was I right or what? (I use 171)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My son has been using them all season and thinks they are great too! He does say that if it is very icy they are a bit limiting and he uses his Atomics then.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PR's are great in the deep but poor on the hard pack that was evident on some runs in La Plagne last week - I think it's due to the wide waist.
They are very similar to 1080's the way they ski (nice soft flex with a high rear tip)
1080's have a firmer flex and are a little thinner than the PR's and would certainly not get my vote in off piste powder (too thin) but they were awesome on the piste and in the bumps.
The atomics had to be ridden hard and stomped into the snow - I'm too lazy for all that crap. They had fantastic stability at high speed though which was quite a turn on at times.
I discovered PR's in Avoriaz last year where we had a 12-18" of NEW powder to play in each day. I thought I had won the lottery when I found that ski. It did everything I wanted and a whole lot more. This year I was dumb struck and dismayed when I found that they were really bad for piste bashing. The 1080's gave me the feeling that the PR's had the year before - absolute joy! Very Happy
I am using 175 for the PR's and 170 for the 1080's
In the last two seasons I've tried Xscreams, screams, head impulse, crossmax and a few others and PR's and 1080's win by a mile. If I was to buy a pair of skis (which I won't) it would be PR's AND 1080's
Only 4 week to go till my next trip..
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Me too.
Bought some SX9's this year and took them to France (expecting hard pistes), unfortunately (not!) it snowed hard so loads of powder - wished I had my 1080s rolling eyes
Went to Tahoe laste weekend expecting powder - pretty icy - wished I had my Atomics rolling eyes I love my 1080s though so it wasn't too bad (just not as good on hard stuff as the SX9's) and Tahoe skiing seems to involve lengthy treks across the car parks so the much lighter 1080s were definitely suited for that!!
Going to Whistler next week so I think I'm going to try and take both!! Confused

Stuart
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stuarth wrote:

Going to Whistler next week so I think I'm going to try and take both!! Confused

Good choice of resort!

I host the KGB er SCGB rep for Whistler at my house.. Fantastic skiing here this week, clear blue skies today. Very Happy

If you want a fun day in the backcountry then we normally get folk to rent skins etc from the Escape Route in Market Place and venture far out on Thursdays. (No charge for the guiding, but mine's a pint) Confused

Colin McCubbin
BASI CSIA CAA
Whistler
1-604-905-4618
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Colin,
Thanks for the tour offer, unfortunately at the moment it seems to take me all my energy to get down the mountain - without having to walk up it too Smile At the moment the trek from the T-bar to the blackcomb glacier is about as far as I've walked up!! Embarassed
Still if you and/or the scgb rep fancy meeting up on the slopes (mainly just to ski down) or in the bar afterwards, then let me know. Cool

Stuart
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Had a great day in the coast mountains on the Jimmy Jimmy Galcier West of Squamish today with an A star helicopter, way easier than walking up hill! Very Happy

We'll be outside Black's Bar at 9 am in the morning, Thursda meeting up with a group to go touring for the day.

Friday is a down day for me to try and let our bodies recover, but the rep, Mark Smith will be meeting at 9 at Blacks on Friday to ski. He has his office hour at The Brewhouse from 4.15 to 5.15 so drop by and see him if you can.

Best wishes,

Colin McC
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
First person to post in 16 years on this thread, pretty cool. Anybody there, hellooooo!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My daughter liked my 1080s... my son not so..!

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Ricky B, great photos Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy