Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nordica New Rear Entry Boot

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
https://www.inthesnow.com/gear/nordica-hf-ski-boot-2021-preview/

Have just seen this. Used to have the old Salomon SX70 rear entry boots which I absolutely loved but sadly this type of boot ceased being manufactured years ago

This seems like the modern version, would be interested if anyone has purchased these and there thoughts on the performance, comfort etc
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@gazza330, as a boot fitter i have always said there is space in the market for a boot like this to return, we had a few pairs early december last year and have more stock now, so far about 7 or 8 pairs sold so whilst not for everyone this boot has a place, the target is older skiers who struggle with clipping up a boot (or don't want to) those who want to slide around with the grand children without a high performance fit, it isnt going to win you a world cup race, but that is not the point of this project. For us it is also usable for the skier with very limited flexion who has never had comfort (as we can vary the forward lean and fill the gaps in the front)

as for how it skis, surprisingly well, the liner is superb, same quality as used on their top end pro machine/ speed machine boots, it is a generous 102mm last, so definitely not for the skinny feet out there, had your boot been anb SX71 or maybe 91/92 then this is maybe not got as many "features" but it is a world above the old SX70 and with modern materials and comfort, we think it is a winner for a certain groupo of people
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
[quote="CEM"]@gazza330, as a boot fitter i have always said there is space in the market for a boot like this to return, we had a few pairs early december last year and have more stock now, so far about 7 or 8 pairs sold so whilst not for everyone this boot has a place, the target is older skiers who struggle with clipping up a boot (or don't want to)

@CEM many thanks for that, good to know that professionals believe these boots meet their target market of which I am certainly one

I was also considering the Atomic Savor 80 / 100 boots, do you have any thoughts on these?

Also, please advise if you stock either make with likely prices and your fittings procedure
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think it’s quite telling that Concept in Chamonix, who target the upper end in performance kit, and a definite flavour of ski touring, will be carrying them this year.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gazza330 wrote:
.......Also, please advise if you stock either make with likely prices and your fittings procedure

CEM said above that he stocks the Nordica HF and his prices/fitting info are fully detailed on his website. The Atomic version isn't shown so it probably doesn't offer anything in terms of fit/performance/price over the Nordica otherwise he'd stock it as well.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Atomic version arrived on the scene last season and I was reliably informed it's aimed more at the beginner/rental market. However this new Nordica model seems to be a world above that.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks to you all for your replies, much appreciated
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nothing will ever replace nor surpass the Salomon SX92 Equipe. The definitive rear entry super-boot, but late 1980's/1990's technology. Actually the SX90 Equipe was a stiffer boot, but not as sophisticated. And TBH, I've had better boots other than rear entry since.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@cem Hi Cem,

I am interested in these boots, but can i fit them myself, not coming to the uk anytime soon, in Croatia at the moment?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimastaaah wrote:
Nothing will ever replace nor surpass the Salomon SX92 Equipe. The definitive rear entry super-boot, but late 1980's/1990's technology. Actually the SX90 Equipe was a stiffer boot, but not as sophisticated. And TBH, I've had better boots other than rear entry since.

Although I owned a pair of SX90s, nothing will ever surpass or replace the Hanson rear-entry boots. They were the must-haves in the 1980s.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mani wrote:
@cem Hi Cem,

I am interested in these boots, but can i fit them myself, not coming to the uk anytime soon, in Croatia at the moment?

So long as you get the size right ( they do run big to size) you don’t “need” to heat the liner, it normally goes into an oven at 80° for 7-8 mins
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy