Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

B.A. - info on B.A. website re refund rights for COVID-cancelled flights

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Please can anyone help me?

I booked some return flights to France, via BA's website, on 10/7/20.

The day I booked, I recall that certain info and assurances were given by BA, on its website, concerning passengers' rights to refunds and travel vouchers in the event the passenger or BA cancelled the passenger's flights due to COVID. However, when I checked BA's website late last week, the relevant info and assurances I recall were no longer displayed on BA's website. Neither that info, nor those assurances, appear in BA's contractual terms or in their conditions of carriage, nor in my e-ticket, nor in "manage my booking".

Foolishly, I did not take a screenshot of the relevant web-page on BA's website on 10/7/20.

Did anyone happen to take a screenshot of BA's website's relevant page on 10/7/20 (if so, please could you provide), or does anyone know how (other than by contacting BA) I can obtain confirmation, now, as to the content of the info and assurances I recall I saw displayed on BA's website on 10/7/20?

In short, I'm asking because I assert I am entitled to a refund for my COVID-cancelled flights and BA deny that I am.

Many thanks if you can help.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@janny, You can definately get a voucher or change flights if you decide to not fly due to their policy. I was supposed to be in India on Thurs but took a voucher. However, I could have got a full refund. I didn't because I would lose my free business class upgrade if I took cash.

Therefore, if they cancel then you are due a refund. Now this dissapeared on their website here....

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/latest-information?clickref=1011lbiNG5oM&DM1_Channel=AFF&DM1_Campaign=UKI_GB_EN_PHG_ALWAYSON&DM1_Site=PHG&dclid=CNHE36bx6-sCFQTMGwodZC8BFw

but have a look here fore a workaround.
https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/03/19/how-to-trigger-an-online-avios-flight-refund-using-google-chrome/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@janny, If your flights were cancelled you're entitled to a full refund regardless of their "book with confidence" policy.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@GlasgowCyclops, The javascript workaround doesn't work anymore unfortunately, you have to ring them to get a refund.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@janny, when you say COVID-cancelled, do you mean cancelled by you because of COVID, or cancelled by BA? i.e. did the flight actually take off?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
if it was over £100 and paid by credit card, then do a section 75 claim.
if you paid by debit card, then you might be able to do a reversal. speak to your bank.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@janny, If you wanted to cancel but get a voucher for later use, it seems you have to claim the voucher using an on-line form then they would cancel your booking. You were not to cancel the booking yourself. The current website advice is pretty clear about this.

If you are saying you went into Manage my Booking and you cancelled there expecting a voucher/refund would follow then they will not give you anything as you cancelled it not them.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy