Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 4 Vallées 2020/21

Poster: A snowHead
Epic conditions today. Started blind then sun came out snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bob, sometimes I really hate you. Going green Going green Going green
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Here's my contribution for today. Looking back after first tracks down Tortin.

Sadly later followed by a tumble and fracturing my wrist Crying or Very sad Hoping the pain and swelling goes down quickly and I might be able to ski again before the end of the season..
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
First full day skiing - start before 9, finish after 17:00. It was an epic leg burner pow fest. GoPro seems to have died so you are spared. Last run of the day down Marlenaz

http://youtube.com/v/Jil5L9xnj3c
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks fantastic Shane about the GoPro as watching others skiing is all I can do and your videos are always fun
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Another 20cm overnight so back on the Spoons today for a perfect Vallon d’arbi

http://youtube.com/v/KB6zkNikkXc
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A few more from today

First time to have the first Funi to myself

Vallon d’arbi in perfect condition

And a few from yesterday’s last run

Pierre Avoi

Paradise
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mr and Mrs @Meltus enjoying some lift assisted pow runs snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/F_MdWPvN7dY
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wow looks super. Even if I was willing to lie my way through departures the swiss want me to quarantine, which is fair enough. Enjoy!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bit of steep couloir skiing from Tuesday. Avi risk was high so took direct route in. Didn’t want to touch the sides

http://youtube.com/v/b0oFCUpiZUw

Blind pow skiing

http://youtube.com/v/wQPYrC5HUy0
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nicely done
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That is steep! And brave in that vis, stay safe @BobinCH, and for once we ain't talking about Covid!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
8611 wrote:
That is steep! And brave in that vis, stay safe @BobinCH, and for once we ain't talking about Covid!

It was quite an adventure on the 190cm Sooons side slipping down the narrow, icy crux that the wind had scoured all the snow out of. And my mate insisted on doing it twice Skullie

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well I tell you one thing - not living in any meaningful way for an entire year is going to make a lot of people weaker and kill them earlier. Enjoy it, you're very lucky.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks again bobinCH for showing us around! Stellar day yesterday and another cracker of a morning today! Morale was low on the medran as it still looked very claggy but we lucked out by being some of the first on the jumbo as it opened.

Got some fresh tracks in the sunshine down the front side of Mont Fort which can't happen very often! Then down the gentianes-tortins followed by a hop round to mont gele for the gele-tortin! Feel like we saw the best of verbier in the last couple of days.

Snow was getting heavy by 11ish though the weather was still coming in and out. Most of the good snow has been had now though
snow conditions
Meltus wrote:
Most of the good snow has been had now though

Nice! Not so sure about this though wink
ski holidays
Haha most of the good snow you can get to easily I should probably say
snow conditions
Yet more great pics. And I love working out exactly where they were taken. Though quite a few are places I've never been to and I'm unlikely to. Getting old Very Happy
latest report
Bec in all time conditions for the Xtreme. Who’s coming to climb it on Sunday after the comp?
https://instagram.com/stories/reinebarkered/2532182288071279812?igshid=i593r413auop
snow report
Perfect conditions for family weekend fun. More here: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4758432#4758432
snow conditions
Cool morning skinning up to watch the Xtreme

http://youtube.com/v/tvwaB7_qrHk
snow report
Thats epic run, missed watching fwt live on the slopes this year.
ski holidays
@BobinCH, why did they all use Petite Bec and not the top?
snow report
rungsp wrote:
@BobinCH, why did they all use Petite Bec and not the top?

The wind had blown like crazy on the main face turning it to boiler plate. Moved to Petit Bec for safety. It was still a great comp but shame they bomb the face and run the comp last Friday when conditions were the best for years...
ski holidays
Anyone for some steep skiing?

Mont Fort North face
snow report
Oh god, you probably need a 30m rope. Ive been playing with the line on the fatmap, may be one day, not this year for sure Smile
latest report
ed48 wrote:
Oh god, you probably need a 30m rope. Ive been playing with the line on the fatmap, may be one day, not this year for sure Smile

Not sure that’s the most sensible entry. Easier to go left or right (red arrows) Have my eye on this (blue) line at the weekend. Never seen it skied. Hope there’s still enough snow to cover the rocks on the exit or will have to summon my inner Reine Barkered snowHead
snow conditions
Definitely no fool zone Smile Is the glacier below worth the effort, not too mellow?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ed48 wrote:
Definitely no fool zone Smile Is the glacier below worth the effort, not too mellow?

The glacier is mellow but fun. However traversing to the ridge on the left hand exit of the glacier opens 2 fabulous pitches which see little traffic and so well worth it days after snow. Only other way to access them is via Bec des Etagnes which is a 45 min climb and very steep, narrow couloir at the top.

See here for the glacier and next pitch. Another fab pitch over the ridge in the 3rd video

http://youtube.com/v/q6CWS4mukC0

http://youtube.com/v/Al5ASSX3C_c

http://youtube.com/v/5G4xviN_Srk
latest report
Magic
snow report
Verbier closing one week early on 18th April. Going to make our Haute Route day 1 a monster spoo
https://verbier.eliberty-insight.com/campaign/email/en/mirror/YToyOntzOjE1OiJlbWFpbENhbXBhaWduSWQiO2k6MTU1O3M6ODoiZW50aXR5SWQiO2k6NTcwMTE1O30=?utm_campaign=Communiqué+4+Vallées&utm_source=CRM&utm_medium=email+campagne
latest report
@BobinCH, worth looking at a variation which misses Verbier?
snow report
Arno wrote:
@BobinCH, worth looking at a variation which misses Verbier?

We can stay in Cabane Mont Fort the night before. Just to have to stay off the local poison!
ski holidays
@BobinCH, lots of carbs in beer Little Angel
snow report
I think it’s time
latest report
That looks lovely but a BIG cornice on the R side! Eh oh!
snow report
gilo wrote:
That looks lovely but a BIG cornice on the R side! Eh oh!

You mean left hand side looking at the photo?

I’m a bit worried about the 2nd steep pitch which is North facing aspect but think we can test the stability from the top with a rope. Suspect we won’t be the first up anyway as not leaving super early with clock change. Taking the drone for some filming...
snow report
This bit. It’s steep and bad memories of losing a ski there last year
snow report
@BobinCH, could you please send Stefan a copy of the picture two above...Bec (without the blue circle)
latest report
Blocked by Eddy, guardian of the Bec! World junior champs on Tuesday so he’s on guard until then

The Eddy cave

Bec was looking splendid

North Face plan B wasn’t a walk in the park either

Worth it though

Powwow
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy