Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 4 Vallées 2020/21

Poster: A snowHead
Steve Sparks wrote:
@Nick M,

There are a currently a number of motor homes in the car park on the other side of the river (next to the salle St Marc) which you can stay in up to 10 days. I don’t know if people are living in them.

Ok. Thanks will drive down and look for that today.
What's the Salle De Marc? Is that a street name, or a building, or maybe a church?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's the great big silver community hall on the Bruson side of the river.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Steve Sparks wrote:
It's the great big silver community hall on the Bruson side of the river.

Thanks. Found it and it looks ideal.
Parked up there now for the night now, loads of other camper vans there too, so should be fine.

I'd never have found it myself were it not for this post though.. so, -much appreciated.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
5-10cm of fresh but really high freezing line (approx 2400m). La Chaux is an ice rink. Good up at Gentianes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Went for a Rosablanche Tour and back via the backside of Mont Fort

Reflections from the Lac de Cleuson

Backside

Beast of a climb breaking trail on the second half
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
god help the bases of your skis
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jill t wrote:
god help the bases of your skis

Was actually better than expected!

http://youtube.com/v/tIujNYgOw9I
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@BobinCH,
Quote:

Went for a Rosablanche Tour and back via the backside of Mont Fort

You've underplayed that with just a few words. That is a très sérieux undertaking. Those are the trails off the back of Mont Fort I look at and wonder, where the 'heck' were they going. Impressed.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Santa delivered Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@BobinCH, enjoy!! Are the slopes noticeably quieter this Xmas?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kitenski wrote:
@BobinCH, enjoy!! Are the slopes noticeably quieter this Xmas?

Yep very quiet Xmas week so far. But could be the overcast weather/low tide snow contributing. Just snowed 25cm and Bluebird forecast for tomorrow so could get mobbed by day trippers like a few Sundays ago. Let’s see...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cool pooch.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Final day in 4 valleys, had a blast with hip-deep powder around lac 2 lift in the morning. Chassoure-tortin itinerary finally opened today but it's already half-mogul field by noon snowHead Confused beautiful day to end the trip nonetheless.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What he said ^^^

snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Some big wind slabs about mind...
snow conditions
@BobinCH, looks superb. Busy?
snow report
8611 wrote:
@BobinCH, looks superb. Busy?

Wasn’t busy at all on Saturday despite the conditions. Busier on Sunday, especially the queue for Lac 2 with the Chasoure-Tortin itinerary opening for the first time. Snowing again today

Some videos from Saturday here
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=154364&highlight=

http://youtube.com/v/ykNkpc_C3cg
snow conditions
Busy in Veysonnaz, seems most of Zurich have decamped here for the New Year week.
snow conditions
Fontanet ridge was snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/txxGB3mnFXY
snow conditions
200 Britons 'flee Swiss ski resort under cover of night' after being told to quarantine

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-around-200-british-tourists-flee-swiss-ski-resort-after-being-forced-into-quarantine-report-12173958
snow conditions
@BobinCH, fabulous photos.
snow report
'Flee'? You 'flee' a tsunami, or an earthquake, bombings, or strafing by fighter 'planes. You 'pack up and leave' or perhaps 'give up on' a holiday when you realise you can get in your car and be home in 12 hours rather than be confined to a hotel room under less safe conditions. The usual journo hack clichés.
ski holidays
No doubt hoping to lie low in the UK until the European arrest warrant no longer applies on Friday. Then brag about their daring escape from the law.
snow report
hate and love reading this thread and the video/pics in equal amounts, lovely pics and appreciate the short vids @BobinCH, so much better than 10 mins of dross for 30 secs of decent skiing!!
snow conditions
@BobinCH - amazing pics. As soon as the situation improves I really need to give 4V another try.
ski holidays
Thanks @Pamski, @kitenski, @patrick!, after a low tide start to the season it was a memorable day with the rare Euro combination of significant snow, very cold temps and low wind (at least lower down). These were all filmed just off the side of the pistes. Hopefully with this snowy NY week the itineraries will be opening up soon...
snow report
patrick! wrote:
@BobinCH - amazing pics. As soon as the situation improves I really need to give 4V another try.

Where r u based? Hit me up if you come over and you’re welcome to join our merry band of powder hunters for a few laps
ski holidays
I'm very fond of the Fontonet ridge.
Another good spot is to go Right into the rather invisible valley and ridge just about as soon as you are committed to the Fontonet way down, It comes down to join the piste near the bottom (from piste skier's right).
Just be careful of the deep ditch near the piste if there has not been enough snow to properly fill it.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BobinCH wrote:
patrick! wrote:

Where r u based? Hit me up if you come over and you’re welcome to join our merry band of powder hunters for a few laps
GVA - French side. We usually ski in Les Gets (or in les Aravis), so I was hoping to see more than Siviez next time Smile I loved hiking/cycling/eating in Verbier in summer though.
snow report
rungsp wrote:
I'm very fond of the Fontonet ridge.
Another good spot is to go Right into the rather invisible valley and ridge just about as soon as you are committed to the Fontonet way down, It comes down to join the piste near the bottom (from piste skier's right).
Just be careful of the deep ditch near the piste if there has not been enough snow to properly fill it.

I think the vid above was on the pitch you describe! Left side of the ridge
snow conditions
Rumours lifts closing next week Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
Sorry to hear that @BobinCH, I have been skiing vicariously through your posts. Stay safe and I hope circumstances allow them to open up soon
ski holidays
Kids in Freeride club so took the pooch for his first tour

http://youtube.com/v/wfLT7sMoR00

Walkie time was up so had to improvise
snow report
pieman666 wrote:
Sorry to hear that @BobinCH, I have been skiing vicariously through your posts. Stay safe and I hope circumstances allow them to open up soon

Thanks. It’s just a rumour for now. Depends on R rate I think which is not going down. Hotels/Restaurants told to be prepared re stock levels...
snow conditions
BobinCH wrote:
pieman666 wrote:

Thanks. It’s just a rumour for now. Depends on R rate I think which is not going down. Hotels/Restaurants told to be prepared re stock levels...

Gutting but on the other hand, the touring hours you've been putting in will put you in good stead to continue pillaging what those of us stuck in Bristol can't.
snow conditions
Sharkymark wrote:
BobinCH wrote:
pieman666 wrote:

Gutting but on the other hand, the touring hours you've been putting in will put you in good stead to continue pillaging what those of us stuck in Bristol can't.

The missus was taking the wee wee out of my extra skintight touring pants today so you may be onto something!
ski holidays
Everyone has their red line: that's probably past mine! Laughing
ski holidays
Not much pow down but Mont Fort got plastered. First outing for the pow skis Very Happy

http://youtube.com/v/j4bwfPFrBB4
snow conditions
Nice opening title
latest report
Backside
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy