Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is it worth going 2020?

Poster: A snowHead
Been looking at going to Tignes this December but obviously concerned with COVID (From the UK) also considering going to Avoriaz in March 2021. Do you think many people will go this season, also looking at going to snowboxx, anyone have any thoughts or should I just push it back to the season after?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wait and see. No-one knows nor can predict what will happen that far ahead.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowboxx and similar festivals would be the riskiest things to book, IMO. I'd steer well clear for next year unless they have a generous refund policy.

For actual skiing, I would (and have already) book something fully cancelable and refundable up until the few weeks before and just play it by ear. It's really the best anyone can hope for - no one knows what the situation is going to be.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well it seems like they'll all refund the holiday, but with apres-ski reduced or non-existant could put a damper on the trip, cheers both
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No one knows indeed, few weeks ago I booked a hotel for November 26th in Solden but I can cancel until 1 week before, as long as you book everything that can be refundable, should be ok.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Whether it's because of official restrictions (which are likely) or people just being cautious/used to physical distancing and that spilling into their permanent behaviour, I doubt next year is going to be party friendly. That suits my boring self just fine, but my friends aren't too pleased about the prospect of a more low key trip.

It's actually kind of liberating to be freed of the requirement for good apres when looking for a resort.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've got a trip booked for January, flights and Airbnb. Flights were so cheap booked during lockdown that it's worth the risk. Airbnb is fully refundable until early January. Worst comes to worst, we lose out on the flights.

A trip to Canada planned for February to see friends, i'll book things nearer the time if/when we know if we can go there.

Flights booked for Easter weekend, again great deal on the flights it was worth a punt. Will book somewhere nearer the time.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There are a few threads talking over how people are thinking (eg. Booking for 2021; Insurance; Changing approach; What happens if get C19) - Just have a look under the Piste section of the Forum.

People's views range from: Book something cheap, to have something to look forward to; Wait and see; Leave it a year)

BTW. Welcome to the mayhem.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was thinking as long as most of the costs are covered by refund policies only thing to lose out on would be flights, might just go for it as haven't been skiing since I was in school
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sugooo wrote:
Well it seems like they'll all refund the holiday, but with apres-ski reduced or non-existant could put a damper on the trip, cheers both

^That
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We are booked for late Jan. Only booked the accomdation so far.

Gone away from our normal and doing self catered, private chalet/apartment so to limit interaction with others. Chosen Serre Chevalier as the resort as can do pretty much the whole area on chairs rather than bubbles. Driving down using the tunnel.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This coming Season will probably see a lot of people opting to stay in the UK and do short trips to the Scottish Resorts or Skiing/Boarding venues dotted around the North of England such as Yad Moss, Wear-dale or Raise. Weekends will see much crowding so Mid-Week would be a much better option.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@cc_7up, if we get the luxury of having enough snow to choose a day
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
holidayloverxx wrote:

Yep... Got to be ready to Load up the Car and get to the Slopes ASAP - when Conditions are good. snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cc_7up wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:

Yep... Got to be ready to Load up the Car and get to the Slopes ASAP - when Conditions are good. snowHead

but when conditions are good, will you be able to get there due snow covered roads Toofy Grin

I remember the drone pictures from Scotland one year when conditions were great - think someone posted them on here. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Only the last 3 mile track up to to the Weardale Ski Venue Car Park area requires vehicles to use Snow Chains.

http://youtube.com/v/f_810-o7tvw

http://www.skiweardale.com/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy