Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do you know SNOOC?

Poster: A snowHead
Have you already tested [link removed - your choice whether to Google it]? I saw people do it last year in La Plagne. As this year I'm going skiing with friends who don't ski, I tell myself that it's ideal for a good afternoon.

It seems very practical to me and above all everyone can have fun.

Have you ever had experience with SNOOC?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do you know spam?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm sorry it's not spam. I'm looking for recommandation.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not spam but you manage to embed a link in your first ever post and include Snooc in your username? Remarkable co-incidence.

Anyway as for a recommendation I googled it found it through the Chamonet website to avoid your link. Looks like a shitty overpriced and possibly dangerous product that absolutely no one was asking for. So my recommendation if you can't ski is rent or buy yourself a toboggan.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We have different points of view I can understand without any concern. I just want feedback from people who have tested. Thank you.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks like something I might try after I have got bored of my split monoski Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
All of the downsides of tobogganing (Boots full of wet snow, poor control) with the added danger of doing some damage to your dangly bits on the stick if you come a cropper. AND because you're leashed to it, it can come back and smack you in the head. Sounds ideal.

Maybe you should try a different franchise?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mysterious new member, to extol the superiorities over sliced bread of this lash up, on deck in 5...4..3...?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
i would be amazed if all the resorts on that website have agreed to be partners with this, also as others have said, new poster with the product name in his username and a link to his product yet denies a connection

i call foul, you need to do better than this @tomSNOOCski
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Linkbuilding ? Admin can you remove the link in the post ?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Clear spam.

But also - that looks horrendous! So you have to hold your legs up in the air most of the time to slide, then jam them into the snow to stop? Sounds both exhausting and dangerous. I'm not going anywhere near anyone using one of those.

And OMG, what a phaff to assemble it after you've skinned up. And why would you bother?! Given the skinny nature, and low seat, it's clearly not designed for powder - so why would you use it for touring anywhere in the first place?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My first thought was 'Tom from Austria', with a new product Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
But not so sure now.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I like the way there is a giant central pole, waiting to catastrophically ruin your genitals when you slide forwards! HOORAY! TAKE MY MONEY!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Richard_Sideways, haven't seen the video but your sharp description makes me want to run towards it NehNeh
snow conditions
@drporat, Why, in the event of an accident, its GUARANTEED to miss BOTH your legs! Very Happy
ski holidays
so many haters NehNeh

latest report
Bones wrote:
My first thought was 'Tom from Austria', with a new product Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

That is grossly unfair to 'Tom from Austria', at least he engaged with other sHs in an open transparent manner about the product he was developing and trying to promote.
snow report
And for that reason l’m out...
snow report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Not spam but you manage to embed a link in your first ever post and include Snooc in your username? ........

Give the guy a break man. He’s obviously called Tom, and he’s just referring to his new c ski ? wink Little Angel
ski holidays
What other crackpot ski inventions have you all come across?
ski holidays
Whackerlondon wrote:

http://youtube.com/v/gNBm8etWito
snow report
It must be Toms, whatever happened to Tom from Austria and his strange Rax Skis? I saw him skiing on them here once, about 10 years ago or so I guess.

http://www.raxski.com/
latest report
Whackerlondon wrote:

The capes.. THE CAPES!!

http://youtube.com/v/2x5AszlFe5Y&feature=youtu.be
ski holidays
@Richard_Sideways, Brilliant. 4 years in development and international patent........ LMFAO Happy
ski holidays
I saw them in the wild too, couple of years back in Tignes. Oh, how the SOARED!

Sadly, as a sideways-ist, I shall never know the sensation of floating like thistle down upon the wind... Sad

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 5-10-20 8:58; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Not sure it's doing anything to defy "laws of aeronautics". Surely it's exactly following them generating a mild amount of lift when properly positioned.

Looks ok on a totally empty piste, pointless if not. Yep kids going into a ski store would definitely run to the things that look like discarded bin liners and beg mummy and daddy for them.
snow report
"No capes, darling!"
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Many years ago I saw a group of skier unfurling what looked like 'wings' at the top of a piste. As they descended they looked like a group of beautiful butterflies, somthing I have never forgotten.... Smile

Something like this

latest report
The song that was the inspiration for the Wingjump maybe? Look at the dance - deffo some polling action going on there, plus Silver Convention were no strangers to a Cape y'know...

http://youtube.com/v/7_77OclyEvo

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Mon 5-10-20 9:00; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Quote:

That is grossly unfair to 'Tom from Austria', at least he engaged with other sHs in an open transparent manner about the product he was developing and trying to promote

I agree. I admire his determination. Madeye-Smiley But bully for the OP, I say. We need all the laughs we can get these days.
ski holidays
extremerob wrote:
Whackerlondon wrote:

http://youtube.com/v/gNBm8etWito

100% sounds like an episode of the Canadian radio show This Is That
snow report
SNOOC looks like an efficient way of making a relaxing green piste into something terrifying. To steal from the great Viv Stanshall a novel way to commit suicide.
latest report
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
SNOOC looks like an efficient way of making a relaxing green piste into something terrifying. To steal from the great Viv Stanshall a novel way to commit suicide.

I don't understand why there is hate time over my post on the [link removed]. I understand that you may not like but I wish to have some feedback from people who have tried. Quite simply.
ski holidays
tomsnoocski wrote:
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:

I don't understand why there is hate time over my post on the [link removed]. I understand that you may not like but I wish to have some feedback from people who have tried. Quite simply.

It's because you posted that you had seen some people using it in La Plagne, it seemed like a good idea to you for your friends who don't ski, and were asking people if they had experience of it. This was your first post on the forum, and particularly because of your link to the promotional website and the incorporation of snooc into your username it looked very much like you were pushing a commercial product in which you may have a commercial interest. If you can confirm that you have absolutely no commercial interest or connection with the product then I'm sure suspicions of spam will be dispelled. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then .................
ski holidays
@tom[blah]ski, feedback for what purpose?

And if all you want is feedback, why do you keep trying to post a link to the product website?

It's likely very few people have tried it. So in the absence of those people surely some thoughts as to why people wouldn't want to try it, and their general opinions on the product are useful - whether you are involved in it's production, or thinking of buying one yourself.
snow report
tomsnoocski wrote:
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:

Not hate, just some feedback from someone who hasn't used one and has no intention of it. I also have no intention of suggesting it as an option to any of my non-skiing friends, mainly because it looks like a slightly more efficient way of injuring yourself than skiing is (and given the number of Snowheads who have stories about how they f***their knee(s) up, skiing is already quite efficient).

And the reason you get such cynical responses is, as per the above, because you insist on posting a link every time you mention the product. That's not normal, it's not what people do UNLESS they're looking to promote the product. Same goes for including the name of the product in the username, people might do that if they've used something, but they don't do it if they're merely inquisitive about it.
snow conditions
Dude are doing the same stuff on Pugski.com
https://www.pugski.com/threads/do-you-know-the-snooc.20907/
ski holidays
They got what looks like a sponsored article from Chamrousse over on skipass.com
https://www.skipass.com/news/198547-chamrousse-nouveaute-snooc.html

Just realised there are articles in the Guardian and the Times dating back to 2016/2017 covering snooc
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy