Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oslo gets a new Snowdome

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Don't think this has been posted anywhere, but I noticed on Chemmy Alcott's Instagram story she was at Snooslo, which from what I can tell is a new snowdome near to Oslo.

https://snooslo.no/

It looks amazing, and only £25 a day, or £45 a month for unlimited access!

If only we built our snowdomes half as good as this....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wonder how well that will do given Oslo has a decent small ski resort at end of the metro line?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Haggis_Trap, It will do well in the summer. Also with Norway ski places closing when it gets dark (which is early) people can ski in the evening.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A day's skiing for the price of 2 pints in Norway Very Happy Beautiful city but I'm not sure I'd go all that way for a snowdome wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
@Haggis_Trap, It will do well in the summer. Also with Norway ski places closing when it gets dark (which is early) people can ski in the evening.

Oslo Vinterpark ski area has floodlights, cheap lift pass and a 5 month season...
A snow-dome seems like taking coals to Newcastle ?

http://www.oslovinterpark.no/oslo-winterpark
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Strange one. Vinterpark is a great little area. Looking at a map, the snowdome seems further away from Oslo city centre than Vinterpark?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ok, I can answer this as I live 5 mins drive from it. I have tried it out once so far in July.

Its a novel idea - not that expensive and can be used year round.

That said, the ski area does have some (IMHO) some pretty big downsides:

1. The piste itself is probably 50 (or so) metres wide. Of that that 20m is set aside for ski clubs to do gate trainings, and is used by different clubs 90% of the time. Another 20m is for jumps and rails. That leaves 10m for regular skiiers directly under the chairlift. With the low price of admission, and year round skiing that attracts ALOT of first timers and all round Jerrys'. It was a major clusterf%&! on the day that we were there - people falling over, ppl skiing too fast above their ability, etc.

2. The chairlift is SLOOOW. It takes 10 mins to get up to the top, and 2 mins to get down...

3. Crowds...'nuff said.

4. Very little parking opportunities.

I understand that they need the clubs to keep the revenue coming in. So no real gripe there.

I will probably give it another go - I will just find out when its least crowded.

I do have a season pass for the Vinterpark, and use that A LOT in the winter, so I guess its a OSLO SNØ is a nice filler to get some days in.

On the positive side, there are some excellent ski stores in there. Also looks like Oslo (finally) has a bootfitting setup in place at the Atomic store.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy