Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Discounted quality ski gear on Sports Pursuit

Poster: A snowHead
Ed_sec wrote:
KenX wrote:
Ordered a medium Backside jacket, sizing waaaaaay off, more like XXL! My fingertips don't even stick out the sleeves, the hem is 5cm above my knees and the chest is around 20cm too large.......
Shame as it's a really nice jacket Mad

Just seen this Ken.
That's a shame but I found the same with an Elevenate Bec des Rosses. I was in-between M and L so went for L to be safe but it's huge.
Luckily they came round again a few days ago so I've now bought the M which I hope will be more viable for me.
So the L is getting returned unless any SH wants an L and can't find a cheap one.
Hope you're all keeping well over the hill there.
Cheers
Ed

Interesting to read - I've always held back on ordering online (and I'm interested in the Elevenate gear too) after buying some Arcteryx gear in store a few years ago. Most clothes I vary between an L and XL, but for Arcteryx it was a Medium for a perfect fit
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm growing out of my Arcteryx medium.... so went for an Elevenate large Backside jacket. Agree it's huge, like seems 3 sizes bigger than I expected, but it strangely looks ok in a yoof fashion sort of way. I look like a fisherman though with the colour and size.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Elevenate kit back on sale on Sport Pursuit today. Was unable to resist a new pair of ski trousers! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Treated myself to an Elevenate jacket and trousers both Gore Tex Pro from Sport Pursuit ready for my first trip of the season in November. What a saving- £475 for the pair.

Last thing I bought from them was a Sweet Protection jacket and trousers which I’ve had now for 7 seasons and it’s still perfectly useable even if there is the odd scuff (worn mountaineering as well) but I fancied a change and they only had XS left in the Sweet Protection jacket I wanted

For those that have had Sweet Protection and Elevenate which did you prefer? The Elevenate is slightly heavier I think even though both are Gore Tex Pro
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
LOTA wrote:
Elevenate kit back on sale on Sport Pursuit today. Was unable to resist a new pair of ski trousers! Very Happy

looks cool kit - what are the sizings like?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Dravot, medium jacket fits true to size.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just tried on my Elevenate jacket and trousers that have arrived today.
It’s better than my Sweet Protection stuff I reckon and I was delighted with that as I said, probably the most functional best quality stuff I’ve seen so I’m pleased I bought it.
Fits true to size I’d say or a little larger than the equivalent Sweet Protection size (well the Bec de Rosses jacket and trousers, can’t speak for the other ones they do)

Looking forward to trying it out in November snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I just bought an Elevenate backside jacket from Sport Pursuit. Seems a good quality bit of kit, but I agree with some of the sizing comments: it's big! I'm a medium in basically everything, but an Elevenate small is roomy on me.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@PaulO78, yeah the Backside jacket sounds about 1 size bigger from what you and others have said but the Bec de Rosses jacket is true to size (or maybe on the loose side, mine is definitely a bit more roomy than the equivalent size in my Sweet Protection)

Great kit though I’m delighted with it
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@PaulO78, It may not be the Elevenate official size, it may be the sport pursuit stock.

Eg I've a few Dale jumpers and sonhas my wife.

We bought two on sport pursuit and the sizes were miles off, the arms were about 10cm too long.

I wonder.if a lot of their stuff is factory rejects.

The Elevenate jumpers I bought has some stitching errors that we corrected ourselves.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Is there any way just to look at what's there without having to sign up for an account ?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In fairness now I look at the Backside jacket on the Elevenate website they do say "The jacket is considered large in size, we recommend to choose one size smaller than usual."
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
eblunt wrote:
Is there any way just to look at what's there without having to sign up for an account ?
I don't know. However I did sign up for an account out of curiosity, with some care as usual with these things. I would have declined all marketing etc. .... and they have as far as I can tell followed UK GDPR to the letter on that: I've had no spam.

So my answer is: "probably not, but it seems to be spam safe".

Size-wise, you can't go by what the manufacturer says because as the population gets fatter, "medium" gets bigger.
You need the actual size in cm of the thing... unless it's M&S in which case they cheat on those too.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@PaulO78, yes my Bec de Rosses was described as active and roomy fit or something like that and I’d say it is.
I love it, best bit of kit I’ve seen in ages I don’t think it could be a factory reject it looks too good for that
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Anyone with an amex may want to check their offers if planning a purchase.
£10 off £100 spend on one of my cards
snow report
@VolklAttivaS5, Agree - no issues with my jacket. Seems a solid bit of kit.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy