Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix 2020/21

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@under a new name, that does look nice... And funnily enough my boots and skins are both still in Cham and need to be retrieved at some point Toofy Grin (I got my skis home though NehNeh - but do have a ski bag booked if I use my flights...)

Hmmmm...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@BobinCH, so far Cham Met have been a bit optimistic! Not very much arrived this afternoon Sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Head won, NY trip cancelled. Keeping my fingers crossed that my trip at the end of Jan will still be possible.

If not, I'm moving my NY flights to March, and should be able to spend a good chunk of that month in Cham.

I hope those out there enjoy all the snow coming your way!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name wrote:
@BobinCH, so far Cham Met have been a bit optimistic! Not very much arrived this afternoon Sad

Not much yet here either but looks like the border got battered. Maybe PdS got it all?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@BobinCH, I am thinking we got a good 30cms at just above town level today, so far. Slightly wet heavy sticky but hey! Good early season stuff and excellent for snowmen!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not sure if Evasion has its own thread but it comes under my pass so it can go in here!

Skinned up Combloux today in delightful weather. Just misty enough on the way up with the sun coming out 10 minutes from the top and absolutely glorious views. If you've never been, some of the best 360 scenery I think I've had.

Snow was wet and heavy low down getting softer as you got higher. Its a nice skin, very gentle through the forest then gets steep towards the end.

The ski down was amazing for the first bit - about 50-70 metres of what felt like fresh powder (we skied down what would usually be a red piste but obviously its all off piste at the minute) However, pretty chopped and changeable after that with some crustiness. Quite a lot of untracked but you learned why after you came to a halt 20 seconds after entering it. Thick and soupy and Combloux is nowhere near steep enough to ski it.

Looking at the forecast I think we probably got the last good day for it though I think whoever was there first thing this morning would've had a ball.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Meltus, yes those views from the ridge above Combloux are some of the best. Jealous of you enjoying them today.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just received a refund for last season’s annual pass (2019/20).

I’d originally opted for the discount on this (2020/21) season, but clearly that’s not happening for me, so I emailed and asked for the partial refund instead. I’ve had a few weeks of back and forth while CdMB told m I needed to send the actual ski passes, but I tried again yesterday and this morning the refund hit my bank.

Very envious of all you out there, hope you get some good snow and nice touring!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowdave wrote:
Just received a refund for last season’s annual pass (2019/20).
You didn't ski at all for the season or did you get a pro rata? Just curious, as I did not request anything for last year's (and did not buy a new annual pass this season)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@patrick!, I got a pro-rata (less than the E140 headline because we were a couple + 2 kids, so total refund E376). I'd skied Dec-Mar, and would have skied another c.15 days in Mar/Apr until lockdown hit.

Short history is I originally opted for the big discount on 2020/21 season pass (back in June when we were asked to choose), but by October the COVID data wasn't looking good, so I didn't buy the season pass and asked CdMB if I could change my choice to take a refund instead. CdMB agreed but insisted upon return of the physical passes (impossible as they were in France and I was in UK) and told my I had until May 2021 to do this. This week it changed it's tune and agreed a refund without seeing the passes, after I emailed (again) suggesting even May wasn't looking achievable.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy