Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thanks to our resident troll lives matter

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

You want to keep them in their place,

Eau contrare Robbers...‘they’ want to drive them further down the value chain...

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/aug/30/fresh-controversy-over-tony-abbotts-brexit-trade-role
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Gerry, you are the black woman I had a rather fruitless conversation with and who castigated all those "worthless" (her word) blacks who hadn't achieved what she had. . .

All in respect to the fact that your soapbox will now never be taller than the sinkhole you're standing in rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AL9000 wrote:
Quote:

You want to keep them in their place,

Eau contrare Robbers...‘they’ want to drive them further down the value chain...

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/aug/30/fresh-controversy-over-tony-abbotts-brexit-trade-role

...and another Guardian reader turns up. Afternoon, comrade.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Masque wrote:
@Gerry, you are the black woman I had a rather fruitless conversation with and who castigated all those "worthless" (her word) blacks who hadn't achieved what she had. . .

All in respect to the fact that your soapbox will now never be taller than the sinkhole you're standing in rolling eyes

Poor woman had to speak to you did she?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gerry wrote:
No, it's you who wants to stop upward mobility.
I don't think so. I think it's you who disapproves of any social mobility, as you have demonstrated here from time to time. "Working class, know your place".

Gerry wrote:
You're a condescending, pseudo intellectual twunt.
Do you turn to insults so readily in real life for people you disagree with, as easily as you do online?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Gerry, and that's all you (and ever will) have is empty rhetoric and spineless sphincter spouting . . . as time has passed we have taken sadness in your ability to diminish yourself . . . but look forward to the moment your colon implodes from the sheer vacuum of your thoughts. You will be celebrated as the world's first natural buttplug.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Look at you all. All in a hissy multiple fit because your group think isn’t being adhered to.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Gerry, simply throwing your shіt at a forum thinking it will stick just demonstrates your paucity of thought and abilities . . . your voice grows fainter and fainter
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Masque, well I do accept that mainstream, right of centre political options are not tolerated in the apres section of snowHeads.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Right, so you are claiming that it's racist for white people to be proud of any black ancestry they might have? Genealogical appropriation?

No I'm just asking why you would be proud of someone simply for the colour of their skin. It would be like me saying I am delighted to have Swedish ancestors. Why does them being a certain nationality or race matter? Would you have been disappointed if you had only white ancestors?

It's like a weird parody of the south park where randy wants to have native Indian ancestors to prove how woke he is.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@boarder2020, the overriding point is that right wing extremists would not be happy about having a black ancestor whereas normal people would find it interesting and something to celebrate.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Gerry wrote:
@Masque, well I do accept that mainstream, right of centre political options are not tolerated in the apres section of snowHeads.
I'd guess that at least 50% of the right of centre political opinions expressed here are not only tolerated, but respected for being a reasonable contribution to the debate. Flinging insults around, on the other hand...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

@boarder2020, the overriding point is that right wing extremists would not be happy about having a black ancestor whereas normal people would find it interesting and something to celebrate.

I wouldn't be happy or sad if I found out one of my ancestors was a different race. It's just not a big deal to most normal people. I would be much more interested in what an ancestor did than the colour of their skin. If you simply said you were interested to find out about your black relative that would have been less weird. Saying you were "delighted" to have a black ancestor is definitely weird.

As MLK said "I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the colour of their skin, but by the content of their character".
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pretty sure that the standard theory of human biology is that all humans are descended from Africans
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar wrote:
Gerry wrote:
I'd guess that at least 50% of the right of centre political opinions expressed here are not only tolerated, but respected for being a reasonable contribution to the debate. Flinging insults around, on the other hand...

Yet your chum masque slings them around with impunity. Are you tolerant of the options of Boris Johnson? How about achilles, have his opinions been respected?
snow report
boarder2020 wrote:
Quote:

I wouldn't be happy or sad if I found out one of my ancestors was a different race. It's just not a big deal to most normal people. I would be much more interested in what an ancestor did than the colour of their skin. If you simply said you were interested to find out about your black relative that would have been less weird. Saying you were "delighted" to have a black ancestor is definitely weird.

As MLK said "I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the colour of their skin, but by the content of their character".

Once again you fail to see the obvious point.
snow report
Gerry wrote:
Yet your chum masque slings them around with impunity.
Which is something I disagree with, and have made that clear on a couple of occasions.

Gerry wrote:
Are you tolerant of the options of Boris Johnson?
Does he post here? Shocked
snow conditions
T Bar wrote:
Pretty sure that the standard theory of human biology is that all humans are descended from Africans

And Right Wing Christian extremists are none too keen on that. Normal people, otoh, are fine with that. Yet you and your elitist Leftist chums want to categorise anyone to the right of your group think as right wing extremists.
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
Gerry wrote:
Yet your chum masque slings them around with impunity.
Which is something I disagree with, and have made that clear on a couple of occasions.

Gerry wrote:
Are you tolerant of the options of Boris Johnson?
Does he post here? Shocked

Do you tolerate the opinions of Boris Johnson and those that are political aligned with him?
ski holidays
Gerry wrote:
Do you tolerate the opinions of Boris Johnson and those that are political aligned with him?
I disagree with some of their opinion, fundamentally disagree some of the time, but agree with others. I'm happy to discuss those opinions, and I very much suspect that my opinions would be disagreed with by BoJO supporters some of the time, fundamentally so on some issues, but on other issues we would find common ground.

By and large BoJo doesn't resort to profanity and petulant insults, and if he did I'd have zero respect for the manner in which they expressed their opinions.
latest report
Gerry wrote:
T Bar wrote:

And Right Wing Christian extremists are none too keen on that. Normal people, otoh, are fine with that. Yet you and your elitist Leftist chums want to categorise anyone to the right of your group think as right wing extremists.

That's fine I'll let the elite know.
snow report
When you call us on the centre right "lefties" then there's a reason we call you "far right extremists"
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
Gerry wrote:
I disagree with some of their opinion, fundamentally disagree some of the time, but agree with others. I'm happy to discuss those opinions, and I very much suspect that my opinions would be disagreed with by BoJO supporters some of the time, fundamentally so on some issues, but on other issues we would find common ground.

By and large BoJo doesn't resort to profanity and petulant insults, and if he did I'd have zero respect for the manner in which they expressed their opinions.

“Fuck business.”?
ski holidays
Jeez, and people ask why I've pretty much given up on the forum. rolling eyes
snow report
Welcome back (briefly).
I don't blame you. Been mostly only lurking myself.
snow report
@andy, x
latest report
Gerry wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
Gerry wrote:

“Fuck business.”?
No idea what point you are trying to make.
latest report
Do you think Gerry identifies as a snowflake?

If not, is it alright to label him anyway?

I'm pretty keen on skiing, should I be encouraging more snowflakes? This seems like the right forum for it.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Perhaps he identifies as German
snow report
DJL wrote:

Saxons were from Saxony, a province in a Germany. Prince Albert was born in the Saxon duchy of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld, so they could be related.
However, the Germans may have been a bit too “Lefty” for him.
snow report
Now children, play nicely Toofy Grin
ski holidays
AL9000 wrote:
DJL wrote:

Saxons were from Saxony, a province in a Germany. Prince Albert was born in the Saxon duchy of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld, so they could be related.
However, the Germans may have been a bit too “Lefty” for him.

You're correct about the name of the Saxon duchy, although Prince Albert's title was actually Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. In WW1 the German sounding name and the fact that Gotha bombers were flying over Britain promped a change in the Royal family name to House of Windsor... Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Following on from Hurtle's comment which was posted very soon after my own thoughts that it is time for me to put Apres on ignore, I want to thank all you individuals who contribute by questioning and informing without stooping to personal insult, and acknowledging when they might be wrong. You know who you are, and without you I wouldn't still be checking in to snowHeads.
snow report
Have come late to this.... I must say, I never thought I`d live to see the day when Snowheads were labelled as subversive, left wing, commie, b*st*rds Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
snow report
A bit extreme, admittedly. Mind you, given that Admin himself displays a nakedly political, anti-democracy stance at times, (eg on the EU) nobody should be surprised at some of the ordure being flung. For myself, I don't come onto a skiing forum wishing to be fed a monotonous diet of Guardianista orthodoxy. It gets in the way of the interesting stuff.
snow conditions
Hmm...just as anyone with the slightest element of social compassion is labelled a lefty let's see a reasoned argument why the renaming of a ski resort in California is an attack on our white anglo saxon culture.? It's a bonkers claim to make. But hey ho enjoy a good bit of righteous pomposity at the guardianista mafia.

Seems like it's a tough life being a winner in the Brexit wars. You simply can't accept you've won without moaning more and more about those who don't agree with you.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 31-08-20 12:43; edited 1 time in total
latest report
jonty wrote:
I must say, I never thought I`d live to see the day when Snowheads were labelled as subversive, left wing, commie, b*st*rds Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Yeah, it's the brainwashing by Our Great Leader!

mitcva wrote:
Admin himself displays a nakedly political, anti-democracy stance

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
mitcva wrote:
A bit extreme, admittedly. Mind you, given that Admin himself displays a nakedly political, anti-democracy stance at times, (eg on the EU) nobody should be surprised at some of the ordure being flung. For myself, I don't come onto a skiing forum wishing to be fed a monotonous diet of Guardianista orthodoxy. It gets in the way of the interesting stuff.
I thought we'd agreed it was The Russians?
snow conditions
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Hmm...just as anyone with the slightest element of social compassion is labelled a lefty let's see a reasoned argument why the renaming of a ski resort in California is an attack on our white anglo saxon culture.? It's a bonkers claim to make. But hey ho enjoy a good bit of righteous pomposity at the guardianista mafia.

Seems like it's a tough life being a winner in the Brexit wars. You simply can't accept you've won without moaning more and more about those who don't agree with you.

As I said, the renaming of this ski area is perfectly reasonable. I had no idea that the word squaw was an insult. I thought it just meant woman or wife in the native language.
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, I stand corrected, thanks. He also bore a striking resemblance to the last czar!
Never heard of the Gotha; I know a few airplanes from WW2, like the Gerry Stuka dive bomber.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy