Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thanks to our resident troll lives matter

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Edmonton Eskimos, the CFL team have dropped the name
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It will be called Black Lives Matter Valley from now on.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Context here is that the US renamed all places containing the n word in 1963 (of which there were a lot) and this is part of a long process of removing racist place names. Last thing I read on the issue said that there were three mountains call "Sq@uw T!t" in California alone. I'm not surprised that this infuriates indigenous Americans and were it me I would want shot of those names as well. Changing the name won't eliminate discrimination but it is harder to do so if racist terms are normalised in common use.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@boarder2020, I don’t think anyone has said that this name change will solve all the problems you identify but I’m not sure why it’s so hard to accept it’s a small step in the right direction?

I have no particular views on the Valley or its owners but there’s a page on the website with their philanthropic efforts so it seems they are making some effort to be good citizens
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It really is quite simple . . .

A population majority grows with education, critical thinking skills, reflection and an ability to recognise historical culpability. Then uses that to remove cultural offenses that do not reflect how our society is changing . . . and to my mind . . . much the better for that.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It really is quite simple . . .

A population majority grows with education, critical thinking skills, reflection and an ability to recognise historical culpability. Then uses that to remove cultural offenses that do not reflect how our society is changing . . . and to my mind . . . much the better for that.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It really is quite simple . . .

A population majority grows with education, critical thinking skills, reflection and an ability to recognise historical culpability. Then uses that to remove cultural offenses that do not reflect how our society is changing . . . and to my mind . . . much the better for that.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It really is quite simple . . .

A population majority grows with education, critical thinking skills, reflection and an ability to recognise historical culpability. Then uses that to remove cultural offenses that do not reflect how our society is changing . . . and to my mind . . . much the better for that.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hmmmmm . . . site brainfart. Delete 1, delete all, repost and get a third and fourth post, delete the last and all boogr off . . . oh well Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Masque wrote:
It really is quite simple . . .

A population majority grows with education, critical thinking skills, reflection and an ability to recognise historical culpability. Then uses that to remove cultural offenses that do not reflect how our society is changing . . . and to my mind . . . much the better for that.


All I'm seeing is a minority telling the majority what they are and aren't allowed to do, say, think and celebrate.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Poogle wrote:
@boarder2020, I have to agree. I would be far more impressed if the lift company added say a $25 dollar surcharge to each lift ticket to help the Native American Community; and then added a good percentage of their profit to that cause as well.".


I disagree that any lift company should add a $25 compulsory charitable donation to the (already very expensive) cost of a lift ticket Shocked
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Gerry wrote:
All I'm seeing is a minority telling the majority what they are and aren't allowed to do, say, think and celebrate.


This is pretty much the same sentiment that was expressed against the abolition of slavery. The same sentiment that was expressed against granting women the vote. And all we're talking about here is a change of place name?

All I'm seeing is a privileged minority being reactionary to reasonable change.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
LaForet wrote:
Gerry wrote:
All I'm seeing is a minority telling the majority what they are and aren't allowed to do, say, think and celebrate.


This is pretty much the same sentiment that was expressed against the abolition of slavery. The same sentiment that was expressed against granting women the vote. And all we're talking about here is a change of place name?

All I'm seeing is a privileged minority being reactionary to reasonable change.


I'm not all that interested in the renaming of a valley. More generally, I don't like the Left telling me what to do, say and think while at the same time they turn a blind eye to the shortcomings of other cultures.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Gerry, this isn’t a case of being told what to do.

The owners asked the local Native American community if they find the term offensive. They said yes. So, the owners chose to change the name out of respect. It was a voluntary move made by a private company.

Why do you oppose being respectful of others? What is it about showing respect that makes you so angry?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
'I'm not all that interested in the renaming of a valley. More generally, I don't like the Left telling me what to do'

This is just the usual Yank equation of any demand for social progress or equality, or any challenge to unfair privilege as being 'Leftie'. As if that clinches the argument against it. You don't define what this means; why it's a bad thing; and why any call for reasonable change should be denied.
ski holidays
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
cerebralvortex wrote:
@Gerry, this isn’t a case of being told what to do.

The owners asked the local Native American community if they find the term offensive. They said yes. So, the owners chose to change the name out of respect. It was a voluntary move made by a private company.

Why do you oppose being respectful of others? What is it about showing respect that makes you so angry?


I'm fine with the valley name change. I didn't know squaw was derogatory.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
LaForet wrote:
'I'm not all that interested in the renaming of a valley. More generally, I don't like the Left telling me what to do'

This is just the usual Yank equation of any demand for social progress or equality, or any challenge to unfair privilege as being 'Leftie'. As if that clinches the argument against it. You don't define what this means; why it's a bad thing; and why any call for reasonable change should be denied.


I'm fine with reasonable change as long as all cultures within UK society are changing or at least showing a willingness to shift but that ain't what I'm seeing. What I'm seeing is a direct and prolonged attack against white, Anglo Saxon culture. And then when white people try to adopt aspects of other cultures into their own they are told it's cultural appropriation and they must not do it. Reminds me of the time a Scots woman verbally abused me for being English and wearing a kilt.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gerry wrote:
What I'm seeing is a direct and prolonged attack against white, Anglo Saxon culture.


Pretty much all you need to say for us to see it's about white privileged male exercising poor me white privilege with a whiff of reactionary racism. And it's a fantasy anyway. Anyone stopped you going for a curry or eating jerk chicken or listening to reggae or rap or mongolian thriat singing? And where do you stand on Danelaw?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
So first you throw out the 'leftie' cliché, but don't say what it actually means. Or why it's a bad thing. Or why it's related to a change of place name.

Then we get the 'White Anglo-Saxon culture' thing. What is that, exactly? Why is it a good thing? And how is that threatened by a place name change?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bumglove just outed himself?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
LaForet wrote:
So first you throw out the 'leftie' cliché, but don't say what it actually means. Or why it's a bad thing. Or why it's related to a change of place name.

Then we get the 'White Anglo-Saxon culture' thing. What is that, exactly? Why is it a good thing? And how is that threatened by a place name change?


Just reminding myself of the utter rubbish you've spouted in the past:

Quote:
All the reps I've come across have been of a type: failed public schoolboys with a plummy accent and ingrained sense of entitlement whose pitch is along the lines of 'of course, anyone discerning would want to be a member, yah?' and a total inability to justify the cost/benefit of membership. I rejected joining when I was 35 and in the intervening 30 years, whenever I've revisited SCGB, I have seen nothing to change this. If anything, the market has moved on and I see even less benefits for the cost of membership in the Internet age.


But anyway, I don't like being talked down to by Guardian reader types. I especially don't like it when these leftist cretins (like you) attack my way of life as in my enjoyment of simply being British and being proud of it. Interesting that you demand evidence that British culture be described to you so you can make pronouncements on whether or not it's worthy.

Obviously name changing on the demand of a overly sensitive minority is a great way to piss people off. It's the thin end of that proverbial wedge. The Left seem to really hate working class people to the point where they have become rabid about it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Newsflash to trolls. Having any social empathy for others in the world doesn't de facto make you a Lefty.

And contempt isn't for the working class, it's for morons whose entire grasp of logic is " if not X then Y". Under Gerry's logic if you're not a white England first, conspiracy of other races etc then you are a vegan yoghurt knitter who hates the working class.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As an aside having a white supremacist as its most visible social media voice isn't a good look for the SCGB either.....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
As an aside having a white supremacist as its most visible social media voice isn't a good look for the SCGB either.....


I don't think that one race of humans is intrinsically better than any other. It's interesting that anyone showing any dissatisfaction with Leftist ideology will instantly be branded a racist by you and your little friends.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Newsflash to trolls. Having any social empathy for others in the world doesn't de facto make you a Lefty.

And contempt isn't for the working class, it's for morons whose entire grasp of logic is " if not X then Y". Under Gerry's logic if you're not a white England first, conspiracy of other races etc then you are a vegan yoghurt knitter who hates the working class.


I'm a vegan, btw. Also, my sisters and I where delighted to find out a few months ago that our great great granddad on our mother’s side was black.


Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 30-08-20 15:05; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Then we get the 'White Anglo-Saxon culture' thing. What is that, exactly?


Immigrants from around Denmark and Germany. England = Land of the Aengles.
It seems the local Britons and Romans that stayed went east and North.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Non Angli sed angeli
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Gerry, what has being a vegan got to do with the price of biscuits?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gordyjh wrote:
@Gerry, what has being a vegan got to do with the price of biscuits?


I was accused of not liking vegans.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Gerry wrote:
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Newsflash to trolls. Having any social empathy for others in the world doesn't de facto make you a Lefty.

And contempt isn't for the working class, it's for morons whose entire grasp of logic is " if not X then Y". Under Gerry's logic if you're not a white England first, conspiracy of other races etc then you are a vegan yoghurt knitter who hates the working class.


I'm a vegan, btw. Also, my sisters and I where delighted to find out a few months ago that our great great granddad on our mother’s side was black.


So are you going to stop polluting our white Anglo Saxon meat eating culture? Laughing

You got branded a racist because you slipped into the voice of your sock and started trotting out garbage about white Anglo Saxon culture on a thread which originally was nothing to do with that.
latest report
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Make Shepherd’s Pie Great Again!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I’m drawing the line at jellied eels though!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Also, my sisters and I where delighted to find out a few months ago that our great great granddad on our mother’s side was black.


That's a really weird thing to say. Why would you be "delighted" about someone's skin colour? I would be interested to find out if I had ancestors of a different race, but the results wouldn't delight me one way or the other. It seems like some weird virtue signalling.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Gerry wrote:
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Newsflash to trolls. Having any social empathy for others in the world doesn't de facto make you a Lefty.

And contempt isn't for the working class, it's for morons whose entire grasp of logic is " if not X then Y". Under Gerry's logic if you're not a white England first, conspiracy of other races etc then you are a vegan yoghurt knitter who hates the working class.


I'm a vegan, btw. Also, my sisters and I where delighted to find out a few months ago that our great great granddad on our mother’s side was black.


So are you going to stop polluting our white Anglo Saxon meat eating culture? Laughing

You got branded a racist because you slipped into the voice of your sock and started trotting out garbage about white Anglo Saxon culture on a thread which originally was nothing to do with that.


Sock? A thread drifting on snowHeads? You extreme leftists just can't stop labeling everyone to the right of you as racists.

You even tried to stop Brexit but...


http://youtube.com/v/f2zJ8vaB5jo
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boarder2020 wrote:
Quote:

Also, my sisters and I where delighted to find out a few months ago that our great great granddad on our mother’s side was black.


That's a really weird thing to say. Why would you be "delighted" about someone's skin colour? I would be interested to find out if I had ancestors of a different race, but the results wouldn't delight me one way or the other. It seems like some weird virtue signalling.


Right, so you are claiming that it's racist for white people to be proud of any black ancestry they might have? Genealogical appropriation?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Gerry, your problem is that you fail to understand that you are now the minority. Laughing

@AL9000, yes, jellied eels . . . . Uhg!

What does define the reichwing thought pattern is that anything that conflicts with their feeling of entitlement has to be both 'wrong' and 'left' . . . There is a reason we 'the quiet majority' call you sociopaths . . . well, it is easier than finding a way to say 'аrseholе' rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gerry wrote:
The Left seem to really hate working class people to the point where they have become rabid about it.
It's ironic that you are so critical of the political movement which was founded to represent working class people, given you seem to be a self-appointed champion of the working class and hate on the left every time you can. Where I come from, which is a genuine working class background, there are plenty of names for people who claim to represent the working class from their perch on the hard right of the Conservative party, all of which would require more keystrokes than I'm prepared to waste defeating the profanity filter. Your particular 'support' for the working class seems to be a deterministic poverty of aspiration, and anyone who is working class who seeks a different path to their parents and grandparents generation is dismissed as upperty (sic).

"Working class people, know your place" [/HarryEnfield]


Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 30-08-20 16:53; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar wrote:
Gerry wrote:
The Left seem to really hate working class people to the point where they have become rabid about it.
It's ironic that you are so critical of the political movement which was founded to represent working class people, given you seem to be a self-appointed champion of the working class and hate on the left every time you can. Where I come from, which is a genuine working class background, there are plenty of names for people who claim to represent the working class from their perch on the hard right of the Conservative party, all of which would require more keystrokes than I'm prepared to waste defeating the profanity filter. Your particular 'support' for the working class seems to be a deterministic poverty of aspiration, and anyone who is working class who seeks a different path to their parents and grandparents generation is dismissed as upperty (sic).

"Working class people, know your place" [/HarryEnfield]


You and your ilk have taken over real socialism and the Labour Party and are trying to turn the latter into a Centre Left party. You just hate working class people and culture.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gerry wrote:
You and your ilk have taken over real socialism and the Labour Party and are trying to turn it into a Centre Left party. You just hate working class people and culture.
Thus proving my point.

You hate socialism, why should you care about what the left do? You hate the working class unless they occupy the same space as you in the culture wars. You want to keep them in their place, where they should know their limits.


http://youtube.com/v/LS37SNYjg8w
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar wrote:
Gerry wrote:
You and your ilk have taken over real socialism and the Labour Party and are trying to turn it into a Centre Left party. You just hate working class people and culture.
Thus proving my point.

You hate socialism, why should you care about what the left do? You hate the working class unless they occupy the same space as you in the culture wars. You want to keep them in their place, where they should know their limits.


http://youtube.com/v/LS37SNYjg8w


No, it's you who wants to stop upward mobility. You're a condescending, pseudo intellectual twunt.
snow conditions



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy