Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thanks to our resident troll lives matter

Poster: A snowHead
Gerry wrote:
I had no idea that the word squaw was an insult. I thought it just meant woman or wife in the native language.

And there's the root of why so many of us find you offensive. I'm not going to say you revel in your ignorance as so many do over here, but whether through insouciance or disinterested you do nothing to change it. I don't expect you to have much if any knowledge of First Nation history but as a skier you should at least be aware that the the naming of Squaw Valley has been a sore point of contention for decades. As for indigenous languages, there are MANY! It just happened that the the Algonquian peoples were the primary contact of the first settlers and they bastardised that tribe's word for 'woman' and the colonisers subsequently turned it into a slur toward all native people's by using the word for all women they considered as of ill-repute.

Gerry, if you want people to stop thinking you're a fascist dick, just stop posting like one and at least do a bit of research about the sociological changes that are happening in the world around us. The one true gift of the **** I'm supposed to respect as the head of my nation has granted us is that he has made a large but shrinking number of people feel good about being аrsеholes . . . and we can all see they are a dying breed. (however, they have stockpiled a lot of weapons . . . that may be a problem that you fortunately don't have to contemplate, but I already have to)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Masque, you’re a cretin who pretends to have known since birth what you googled only just recently.

If you had your way, Nelson would be gone, Bomber Harris gone, the Queen gone. You’re an unhinged, leftist idiot.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gerry wrote:
If you had your way, Nelson would be gone, Bomber Harris gone, the Queen gone. You’re an unhinged, leftist idiot.

Covfefe?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gerry wrote:
@Masque, you’re a cretin who pretends to have known since birth what you googled only just recently.

DEAR GOD Shocked he thinks I'm a Republican . . . rolling eyes Just to give you a bit of a hint, I did attend some early schooling here and since it was very much in the New England States and we had a first nation history teacher I had an introduction to incipient colonial politics at just past kindergarten that has been part of the shaping of my views on race and politics ever since.

Why on earth would you think I would have anything against Nelson? Have you seen the portraits of Emma, Lady Hamilton? . . . Though as usual the body politic mistreated the woman in the end Evil or Very Mad

Then there's Air Marshal Harris. . . . Obviously there's a bit of conflict there. His decision to concentrate on civilian targets, not withstanding the (we write the history) celebrated 'sidebar missions' . . . To be honest, he bent the Geneva Convention into a pretzel. He did a job in war, my jury is out on if he should be celebrated for it.

And lastly Her Maj Herself . . . A powerless, titular, constitutional monachy . . . But genuine tourist value on so many levels that benefit the national coffers at a far greater level than it costs. You do realise that you (or at least your ilk) are responsible for the diminution of her standing. It was business and money that forced a signature at Runnymede and you're a legacy of that.
As for me, I think we made a grave error when we lost Empress Maude rolling eyes

Gerry, yer a sad, shallow, shіthеаd with nowt left but vapid reichwing willy-waving, but If you want to posit an intellectual challenge . . . by all means do so . . . but you might find that your ability to bang a couple of haemorrhoids together does not make either a cogent argument nor a dance rhythm rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Masque wrote:
Gerry wrote:
I had no idea that the word squaw was an insult. I thought it just meant woman or wife in the native language.

And there's the root of why so many of us find you offensive.

TBH, I thought the same as Gerry. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
MorningGory wrote:
Masque wrote:
Gerry wrote:

And there's the root of why so many of us find you offensive.

TBH, I thought the same as Gerry. Toofy Grin

Wot? That therefore attempts to change it were an an attack on our white Anglo-Saxon culture?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Dave of the Marmottes, No, ' I thought it just meant woman or wife in the native language.'
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
"Gerry, yer a sad, shallow, shіthеаd with nowt left but vapid reichwing willy-waving,..."

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Pithy and to the point !
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jonty wrote:
Pithy

I'm very sorry, it's been a while and I'm a bit rusty. As long as Gerry keeps up my supply of mental glucosamine I'll warm up wink
Though we'd all be happier if he withdrew his head from his fundament and stuck to just using his finger to fondle his crap.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
MorningGory wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, No, ' I thought it just meant woman or wife in the native language.'

Apparently you should have been born knowing that it was an English word.

Anyway, someone (a Bash attendee) has PM’ed to tell me that masque has horrendous BO, to match ‘his potty mouth’ apparently.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think I need what the Chinese call "re-education"...

I didn't know 'squaw' was deemed offensive - but then I guess I wouldn't as I have no connections with the US, haven't been there and have no plans to go unless someone can magically remove the Americans, at least temporarily Toofy Grin

I have read bits & pieces in the press recently about US sports teams changing their names so would I be right to think Chief, Brave and Redskin are also deemed offensive. Can someone confirm, please, so I don't risk upsetting Mrs RL next time we're playing Scrabble?
Were Europeans ever referred to as 'Pale-faces' (as per Hollywood Westerns) and, if they were, is that now equally offensive (albeit to a different demographic)?
I've heard the natives of Central and South America referred to in documentaries as 'Indians' - is that word offensive per se or is it OK except when preceded by 'red'?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Red Leon, Let's be clear. I doubt many of us in the UK knew its specific offensiveness given we tend to lack a large Native American presence in our communities and social contacts. And for us and indeed maybe many Americans it's just a word picked up in childhood from westerns etc without additional context.

But once someone who matters educates you it's clear what the decent thing to do is.

Words , their etymology and meaning can be complex and particularly in racial contexts there can be an awful lot of dog whistling. Take BoJo's favourite racist dog whistle - Piccaninny. In Melanesian pidgin countries apparently just means child. In the US very definitely has a racial demeaning meaning tied to slavery etc.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
@Red Leon, Let's be clear. I doubt many of us in the UK knew its specific offensiveness given we tend to lack a large Native American presence in our communities and social contacts. And for us and indeed maybe many Americans it's just a word picked up in childhood from westerns etc without additional context.

But once someone who matters educates you it's clear what the decent thing to do is.

This. No-one expects anyone to automatically know every aspect of Native American history; the dick move is, when things like this are brought up, to automatically dismiss them as 'leftist nonsense' rather than have the basic decency to do a modicum of research and make an informed opinion on the issue first.

But then some people are only able to acknowledge that something is a problem if it affects them (and people like them) directly.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Red Leon, well, as a skier apparently you should know this:
Quote:

skier you should at least be aware that the the naming of Squaw Valley has been a sore point of contention for decades

masque hasn’t ruled on whether boarders should know or not.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Gerry, of my many faults. . . BO is not one of them. Not just because I like bathing (especially shared bathing) and I take time to select those scents and unguents that suit my body chemistry, that I know my personal Ph value and can distill and blend my own olfactory augmentations. . . I do stick to nature's base sources rather than the harsh, cheap synthetics. Do you know the cost of an ounce of Vetiver oil? or how reduce Myrrh resin?

Just how flacid is your mind? We all know it takes second place to your dick but seriously, if that's the best your brain can come up with 'that I stink'! Then there's little any pill can do to resurrect the vestigial teat you hide under a sock in your Y'fronts rolling eyes

Oh, and by the way, I can play on snow in far more many ways than just a board . . . though I've yet to master switch telemark . . . but I'll get there.

As I've said "sad, shallow, etc. . . . but now just a floundering buffoon reduced to a skidmark on the underpants of history. Toofy Grin "Potty mouth" . . I agree, I would prefer to use less obvious slurs . . . but then I would have to assume that you would understand them.

edit for the usual.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 4-09-20 5:46; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
I think what scares me most about this thread is that although we live in a globalised (yes I used a S) society with unprecedented access to enough sources of information to allow you to make an initial informed decision about issues that, altough remote, do have potential to affect your life choices . . .

So many of you appear to prefer to use the internet as just a local free rag to use for the ordering of a pizza delivery Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
@jonty, I'm warming up Twisted Evil not 'there' yet . . . but warming to the situation. It would be better that Gerry were less of a blancmange . . . but you work with what yer given Laughing
ski holidays
@Masque,
Quote:
I like bathing (especially shared bathing) and I take time to select those scents and unguents that suit my body chemistry,

I didn't know they still sold Brut.

http://youtube.com/v/UIo1QLYQiBg
snow report
boarder2020 wrote:
Quote:

Also, my sisters and I where delighted to find out a few months ago that our great great granddad on our mother’s side was black.

That's a really weird thing to say. Why would you be "delighted" about someone's skin colour? I would be interested to find out if I had ancestors of a different race, but the results wouldn't delight me one way or the other. It seems like some weird virtue signalling.

Especially for you.

http://youtube.com/v/gHSVjmO4iJY
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy