Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Club course

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
https://www.facebook.com/55063883108/posts/10159050998903109/

I found this interesting. Even though SCGB no longer does leading here is a 'reps' course with plenty of references to leading. Personally I wouldn't spend that sort of money when the future of the club, not to mention leaders/reps slots, looks a bit dodgy. Though I'm sure you could have a lot of fun doing the course.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@esaw1, it's a requirement for SCGB leaders to be able to babysit on the Fresh Tracks holidays, so still has relevance and if you can get on 2 or 3 of those holidays as a leader per year it's a good investment, did mine in 2000 and it was the most fun and interesting 2 weeks skiing I've ever done!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I believe Leading is still OK in certain countries.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not sure I see the appeal ...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@under a new name, stopped leading per se asap and started being the "rep" on gold standard off-piste holidays, guaranteed a good level of skier and a local mountain guide to take responsibility of safety and route-finding, win-win Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@KenX, yeah, but the skiers are still the type who want to join The Ski Club, aren't they? A certain kind of individual ... Twisted Evil

(He types having been a regular "contributor" on here since 2004 ... Shocked )
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@under a new name, on the whole I found the skiers at gold level to be the exception to the above, always the odd loose cannon of course, but I think the gold requirements weed out most of the crusty old stereotypes, was generally 30-50 yo skiers!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name wrote:
@KenX, yeah, but the skiers are still the type who want to join The Ski Club, aren't they? A certain kind of individual ... Twisted Evil

(He types having been a regular "contributor" on here since 2004 ... Shocked )

Not always by any means. Many of those on Freshtracks holidays do so because they like the holidays and only join the SCGB because it's a requirement, even although they don't have any further interaction with the club. Many of those I've met on FT holidays have been more aligned with the Snowheads stereotype rather than the SCGB stereotype
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
On the rocks wrote:
Many of those I've met on FT holidays have been more aligned with the Snowheads stereotype rather than the SCGB stereotype

Grumpy old men... And women?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@davidof, Yip, and also lots of singles.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
chocksaway wrote:
@davidof, Yip, and also lots of singles.

Ssshhhh, don't tell LynnX Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ok, so what are the respective stereotypes of SCGB members and SnowHeads ?
And how close does anyone think those stereotypes come to reflecting reality?
I can’t say I could come close to identifying ‘a certain kind of individual’ from my experience of SCGB members (I guess five different ‘groups’) - and I have yet to knowingly meet a SnowHead (though I would imagine it’s quite likely some of the SCGB members were SHs).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think both attract mainly people who wish to go on a ski holiday and perhaps do not have friends/family to go with. Have been on a few SHs and one Freshtracks and would guess it does attract more that the average odd types (perhaps that includes me?). I think every SH I have spoken to would agree however they are great holidays and the odd types can be good fun. Cannot recognise particular stereotypes.

If I was looking for a particular ski holiday (off-piste in a particular resort) and Ski Club or SH had it on offer I would have no hesitation to book.

Back to the Ski Club course. Saw it in action in Tignes couple of years ago. Seemed to be of a good standard and peeps seemed to be enjoying it. Rather expensive though.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under a new name wrote:
Not sure I see the appeal ...

Not sure you need to wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy