Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Secondhand smoke and Covid

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just read an article regarding the subject. Inconclusive as to whether or not the virus is spread via the smoke someone exhaled. But no doubt that the smoke you smell was in somebody else's lungs not very long ago, and Covid is far from the only malady that can be spread by people exhaling. So: will Covid be the catalyst for Europe to finally figure out that maybe smoking that affects others needs to stop?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Will people stop exhaling when they stop smoking?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Scooter in Seattle, tbh it doesn't stand up to scrutiny. As Arno points out people will still exhale regardless...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Perhaps a good reason for people to continue smoking/vaping as its a detectable marker that you may be too close to someone else. For similar reasons people should stop toothbrushing and using mouthwash though smelly gum probably on the positive list.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Are silent farts in the lift still permissible? Asking for friends.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Obviously I failed to get my point across, which is: will European societies decide, with a nudge from Covid, to change laws and behaviors related to smoking? I understand Austria (recently but pre-Covid) decided to end smoking in bars. Will this be expanded to levels of, say, Whistler, with smoking being banned nearly everywhere? Masks went from nowhere to everywhere in a few weeks. What other changes will come....particularly in the ski space?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Scooter in Seattle, I can't see the rules about smoking getting more restrictive. That would be tantamount to imposing prohibition, which has been proven to be utterly counter productive every time it has been tried. I don't see any link between smoking and covid either.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Steilhang wrote:
... I don't see any link between smoking and covid either.

Agree that smoking doesn't appear to make you more, or less, susceptible to catching it. But I think there is some evidence to suggest that outcomes (hospitalisation, ITU etc) are likely to be worse for smokers - which for a primarily lung disease shouldn't really be surprising.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
Obviously I failed to get my point across, which is..
No, your point was clear, it was just wrong.

https://ourworldindata.org/smoking
Austria is doing rather better than lots of countries including the USA in terms of smoking health.

Obesity and populism are probably the things one ought to focus on in minimizing COVID-19 deaths specifically.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Reality Austria is only just coming in to line with the most of the Countries in Europe where you've not been able to smoke (or vape) in any enclosed public spaces for a fair number of years now.

As to your initial point, you can smell smoke from behind someone as smoke moves through the air in a different way to infected droplets from the lungs of an person infected with Covid I'd have thought.

Doesn't smoke rise and droplets fall?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ecureuil wrote:
Steilhang wrote:
... I don't see any link between smoking and covid either.

Agree that smoking doesn't appear to make you more, or less, susceptible to catching it. But I think there is some evidence to suggest that outcomes (hospitalisation, ITU etc) are likely to be worse for smokers - which for a primarily lung disease shouldn't really be surprising.

Surprisingly, there is some evidence that smoking makes you less susceptible to hospitalisation due to covid-19.

https://hospitalhealthcare.com/covid-19/are-smokers-protected-from-covid-19/

Edit: Note that the jury is still out on this and no-one is suggesting to start smoking to protect yourself!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Smoking should be banned in ALL Public areas..

Both cigarette and e-cigarette smoke can transport the novel coronavirus, which travels from person to person on microscopic droplets of water vapor exhaled from the lungs.

If you can smell Nicotine in the Air then the smoker is to close ...This could be at 25Metres+

This is a MAJOR HEALTH issue

Spain Bans Smoking

http://youtube.com/v/4haFHkSK3jQ

http://youtube.com/v/gs6KA_HA5c4
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@stanton
Good one
Complete rubbish all of it but hey ho, btw I live in Spain, smoking is not banned, you just have to be 2 metres from other people.
Also seems like everyone is ignoring the rule anyway
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@stanton, seems like you were in fact predicting the future! As of this Friday ( in balears at least) smoking will be banned in all public places
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@freeridechef,
He keep saying he's got friends in high places wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy