Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Facebook Live Q&A with Graham Bell

Poster: A snowHead
Ever wondered how they shot the opening credits of Ski Sunday? Or how many more years Graham can keep doing his video inspection runs?
Maybe what it was like working on 'The Jump'? Or crashing on the Hahnenkamm?

Submit your questions and find out in our (The Ski Podcast) Facebook Live Q&A with Graham Bell - 4pm Friday June 19th
https://www.facebook.com/events/261896025129876/

Would be great to see some Snowheads there
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
> Ever wondered how they shot the opening credits of Ski Sunday?

erm, no, never thought about it to be honest

> Or how many more years Graham can keep doing his video inspection runs?

never gave it a second thought

> Maybe what it was like working on 'The Jump'?

no didn't know he had. I know Eddie the Beagle was on it but Graham is a bit too low profile.

> Or crashing on the Hahnenkamm?

did he?

Maybe this will serve as a bump for people who do have pressing questions for Graham.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 9-06-20 13:03; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
He crashed on the first turn and done his shoulder
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jafa wrote:

That's what happens when you attempt that track on Salomon rear-entries and his bro had a pre-release at the same point:

http://youtube.com/v/PWdT_UQi1LI

I won't be tuning in but can someone ask why it now takes three main egos to present the show plus a cast of about another half dozen ex athletes to do what David Vine did almost single handed.

Also do they all get paid for their product placements on the beeb?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jafa wrote:

Immediately after his brother lost a ski on the first turn.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@iainm, do you need to have a Facebook account?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Won't be doing facache but I'd ask

- How does it feel for the rest of your life when you've gone from a job where being necessarily on the edge of sane behaviour was routine to more mundane things?
- You're not the biggest lad - how much advantage do bigger guys and girls have in speed disciplines (noting e.g. Rahlves wasn't a bit guy either)?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
- You're not the biggest lad - how much advantage do bigger guys and girls have in speed disciplines (noting e.g. Rahlves wasn't a bit guy either)?

He is several inches taller than Rahlves.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Dave of the Marmottes, I wouldnt say he's a little guy, skied with him down to Rauz and a few fast pistes late season in Zurs/ Lech a few years ago when he was guiding some city types, piggy-backed for free.......he wasn't hanging about.

I do think Ski Sunday, and the Jump is/ was garbage though, but if it pays the bills then why not would be my take on it, if the Beeb/ C4 can keep flogging prime-time (ish) with that formula and folks watch then so be it, take the money.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Ever wondered how they shot the opening credits of Ski Sunday?

Graham and Ed didn't do the drop from the heli or the jump at the end, the rest are just short set pieces stitched together.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Markymark29 wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, I wouldnt say he's a little guy, skied with him down to Rauz and a few fast pistes late season in Zurs/ Lech a few years ago when he was guiding some city types, piggy-backed for free.......he wasn't hanging about.

I was with you & we rode the chair up from Zuers with him while he dissed our skis wink I meant he's not that physically imposing i.e. more of an average guy than a Herman Maier or Lindsey Vonn
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:
more of an average guy than a Herman Maier or Lindsey Vonn
To be fair Lindsey Vonn's not really much of an average guy so it's not a very high bar you've set there.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@admin, how very dare you making gendered assumptions about my non gendered use of "guy"! wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Clearly your ramped-up wokeness has caught me off-guard Wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Dave of the Marmottes, have seen him more than once then!
ski holidays
I have sent a question in so will see if it gets used. Graham was GBR performance director when I was chair of the Freestyle Ski Committee so he will probably groan and think 'she is still trying to promote mogul skiing!'. The top GBR mogul skier got silver medal in one of the last world cup events before lockdown so great hopes for next season. I know some love watching endless downhills but I find it boring. Freestyle skiing or boarding is much more fun to watch.
When I was teaching and running school ski trips we came across Graham filming in Courmeyeur one trip. It was when he had famous people trying slalom courses. They were timed then Graham gave them some training and were timed again - always getting better due to his coaching. He was filming Tara P-T that day. He asked me to bring my pupils to the side of the course to cheer her on so it looked like a crowded slope. The school kids loved getting on tele!
latest report
I got that question thanks Kay.

@ster - good question re FB, I think you do need an account, but what we'll do is release it as a separate podcast later on

@pruman - who is the 'third' ego you mean? Jenny Jones or Chemmy Alcott??

@davidof - shame you missed 'The Jump', it was good fun when it was on.
snow conditions
Going live on Facebook later today at 4pm
https://www.facebook.com/Theskipodcast/videos/299568544554748/

Feel free to join us!
snow report
You can catch up with the Graham Bell Q&A as a podcast here
https://audioboom.com/posts/7613645-a-ski-podcast-special-q-a-with-graham-bell

or as a Facebook video here
https://www.facebook.com/Theskipodcast/videos/299568544554748/
snow report
And you dont need a FB account.
ski holidays
"Do you think you'll ever ski as well as your brother?"

<snigger>
snow report
Mosha Marc wrote:

<snigger>

Where is Martin now?
snow conditions
ster wrote:
Mosha Marc wrote:

<snigger>

Where is Martin now?

Vail again I think - something at SSCV
ski holidays
Watch out for Martin's daughter - pretty good racer
https://www.gbsnowsport.com/alpine/europa-cup-squad/reece-bell
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy