Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Key Routine Maintenance for Rotary Laser Level

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Key Routine Maintenance for Rotary Laser Level

A rotating laser level can be more complex and even more sensitive than the standard laser levels. Thus, you must take its care and maintenance seriously. Rotating laser levels are primarily used outdoors because of their longer ranges, higher visibility, and accuracy. But you need to ensure that the device is well-protected against outdoor natural elements, especially moisture and dust.

Going for debris and water-resistant laser measures is even more critical if you use the device for heavy excavation, plumbing, and construction projects. The best rotary laser level comes with several accessories to make your job easier. Unfortunately, most rotary laser level manufacturers don’t include the price of accessories in their package so you have to purchase such separately.

Remove Laser Battery When Not in Use for a Long Time

It is okay to leave your rotary laser battery inside the device if you are traveling or wouldn’t use it for up to 2 weeks. If your device is redundant for more than two weeks, you should remove the battery and store it in a dry enclosure, especially in storage recommended by the manufacturer. Leaving your laser tool battery on for a long time will cause it to lose its ability to hold power.

Handle the Laser Tool with Care and Always Re-calibrate

It would be best to learn to handle your rotary laser level with care. Reckless handling of rotating laser levels can damage internal components, and sometimes such damages can be permanent and costly to repair.

Re-calibration makes a rotary laser level work efficiently. Don’t assume that every job will require the exact calibration. The wrong calibration can sometimes make the device work harder to achieve the same result. The top rated rotary laser levels may self-level when wrong calibrations are used, but you should not leave things to chance. If your device is knocked down, you must inspect it and re-calibrate if there is a change.

Maintenance for the Optical Setup

The lens and the entire optical makeup of the rotary laser device must be carefully handled. Remember to use recommended cleaning solutions only. If you use harsh detergents and fluids, the lens may become damaged, and the laser beam may become vague. Use clean fabric for cleaning, and don’t press the lens when cleaning. The case of the laser level should also be cleaned with recommended cleaning agents only.

Other Maintenance Tips

Your rotary laser level must never be opened except by a certified laser level technician. You must never position your laser level near a heat-generating substance or a vibrating source since these substances can damage the components of the laser level because they can melt or shift out of position. 

You must also avoid placing your laser level near construction components like concrete. Concrete can splash and get into some parts of the laser level and cause damage. Safety features of the laser level must be used when necessary to protect the laser level from power surges and some other issues. You cannot find the Best Rotary Laser Level Kits unless you compare different rotary laser levels and read their professional reviews.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 23-05-22 15:36; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@donaldmiller, welcome to SHs. A bit early for that question no? Season hasn't really even started snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ski southern hemisphere or plan next year
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
Then what if the winter is over, what are you gonna do in summer?
Ski on a European glacier Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
In the summer you can ride a bike, do some household chores that are inconvenient to do in winter. In general, there would be a desire, but you can find something to do in the warm season.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Donaldmiller - our sports taper into each other - skiing in the winter, mountain-biking in the summer, downhilling in the Alps when we are there in August. This year I have kept up the mountain-biking at a time I would be skiing - I’d forgotten how COLD it is on a bike sometimes - 5mm of verglas on the handlebars of the bike a couple of weekends ago, and wooden thumbs. Brrrrrr.... No hills where we live otherwise I would be up them on foot every day. I am beginning to be reluctant to travel a long way for skiing - carbon footprint. So being stuck here has made me think about location....I envy those who are able to just go out their backdoor into forest and hills. My son is staring post-16 Education next year and he is taking about Canada A LOT.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name wrote:
@donaldmiller, welcome to SHs. A bit early for that question no? Season hasn't really even started snowHead snowHead

Well, the nights are getting longer. Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Well, the nights are getting longer.

We've now passed the equinox and in the Northern hemisphere the nights are getting sorter Very Happy

I started skiing as something to do in the winter rather than climbing. I'll be back to climbing in the summer
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy