Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Campitello/ Canezi

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Stayed in Selva years ago and loved the area, but Canezi / Campitello come up with Crystal ski as cheaper options. Can anyone recommend hotels that are walking distance to lifts? No hassle type options, not a fan of ski busses. How do those villages feel compared to Selva?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The T/o's have a lot of that are some distance - you need to check carefully

What do you call walkable (10 mins?) :: My research earlier this year brought up these as nearest to lift station in Canazei
Bellevue (Inghams) seemed nearest
Italia
Dolomiti
Diana.

I'm staying in Canazei next month - plan is to leave skis/boots at the lift station, then either walk or take Hotel minibus..
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@albob,

Cheers, I was thinking along the same lines. Also looks like only a cable car from Campitello, which are a pain in the ass with waiting etc, was just looking at the Italia. Prefer less than 5 mins!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's a reason why Selva is more expensive than Campitello and Canazei. Regarding 'feel'? I've only stayed in Canazei once, quite a few years ago. It was Selva every time for me there after.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Mollerski, +1 on that -- but my companions were 'price restricted' !!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@albob, If you shop around, is there really that much in it? Not many TOs using Selva now. I think that's were the price differential became apparent?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I always go with a T/O : at the time of booking it was about £200-250 difference. I wasn't fussed, but to one person it made a big difference.....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@johnboy, I've stayed in Selva, Arabba and Canazei over the years and used the cablecar at Campitello for access from lower down Val di Fassa.

I would say Selva is more convenient as you can ski back to the village, particularly if you stay at the top end of the village near the lifts. It's also more Germanic, so the quality standards are that bit higher, but if it all comes at too much of a premium, Canazei is a nice place to stay too. The gondola does get busy, but the queue keeps moving. The new lift up at Alba has eased things on that side.

Campitello is quieter and you do have to be early (or leave it later) to beat the queues at the cablecar. But with one big lift you are dropped at Col Rodella, an amazing spot with good snow above Passo Sella. Depends what you're looking for, but if you're saving even more £££, I'd have no real qualms about going there.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
albob wrote:
I always go with a T/O : at the time of booking it was about £200-250 difference. I wasn't fussed, but to one person it made a big difference.....

I assume that the lack of TO options in Selva has lessened the option of a shop around? We DIY it to the same hotel every year and are therefore out of touch with inter village price comparisons. The transfers tend to be quite fluid in the wrong direction. Confused
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Mollerski, In the past I have stayed at the Stella (next to Costabella lift) - now, following a Re-vamp, it is way out of my 'budget'.!!

Just curious - how do you manage the transfer (and which airport do you use)?

Regarding village pricing in descending order - Corvara ; Selva ; Canazei ; Campitello (haven't priced Arabba..)

As you know, Val di Fassa has been historically cheaper, mainly because of how you return to the Valley and it not being directly on the 'Ronda'..
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers for the replies folks, think Selva or Santa Cristina are the better options for convenience, quality and feel!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We’re off to Canazei at the end of the month. Decided that the hotel’s ski bus as well as the local bus would do for us. Hotel seemed the nicer option too, but we’ll see. There’s always time for a mulled wine if you miss the bus. Hope we don’t live to regret it, although it will be my first trip to the Dolomites and I’m really looking forward to it!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@cardweg, There has been a good 'dump' in the area today -- should be good until next month ! snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@albob, I use public transport almost every time I go to Val Gardena. Innsbruck is the quickest, bus or taxi to the train station, train to Ponte Gardena and the 350 or 360 up the hill.

Verona is OK too. Train from Verona to Bolzano or Ponte Gardena and then the same buses. A Friday afternoon flight returning the following Sunday works well. A night in Bolzano or Innsbruck and the first bus up the hill, then Saturday late afternoon bus returning gives 8 days skiing with 2 valuable Saturdays. snowHead

Bologna. Venice and Munich are a few hours longer but still straightforward.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
albob wrote:
@cardweg, There has been a good 'dump' in the area today -- should be good until next month ! snowHead

Delighted to hear that snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
@cardweg, I’m there from the 27th, staying in Alba maybe we’re in the same place? It’s my third visit and I’m looking forward as ever.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy