Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

normality in french alps?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Certainly for skiing and VTT. Quite why they weren't being used there I don't know, mostly kids, it's a ski poma in winter.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Masks are being closely monitored for skiers and MTBs I believe although I haven't been up.

In Les Arcs recently people trying to access lifts without masks were being turned away by the lifties. Many people just walking about the resort were wearing masks, I saw people refused entry to shops without masks. Recently I went into our local shopping centre and 10% of people were not wearing masks and the security staff were doing nothing about it. I felt much safer in Les Arcs.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just been to Aosta and Courmayeur - The italians are wearing masks a lot more than the French in siilar situations - Even when we were out hiking, if the trail was busy most people were wearing masks. Most everyone in Aosta town, EVERYONE in supermakets and shops. Much nicer than Chamonix.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I honestly don't understand the mask skeptics. Surely all these measures are about marginal gains, combine as many as you can together (with the least possible consequential adverse effect on other areas of society, mental health, economy, etc) and surpress the R0.

Each measure has only a small marginal effect, but combined.........

Also, masks in particular, are not about not catching Covid, but rather about not spreading Covid. That's the way masks have been used in Japan etc for regular colds and flu for years.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Seen a couple of posts showing MTB queues for lifts in Morzine/Les Gets - absolutely HUGE. Glad I’m a roadie...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There was no queues anywhere when I was mtbing yesterday
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In BSM at the moment, Arc 1800 really busy with various kids clubs. Lifts and Funni being very vigilant with masks being mandatory, as are all restaurants and shops up the hill and in town. Haven't seen any scary queues anywhere yet...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Gilly76, I had a look at the live cam at 1800 at 12:00 today https://en.lesarcs.com/livecams.html it looked busy. In fact it looked normal for early August
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
UK Press reporting Belgium will be on the naughty step from tomorrow meaning arrivals from there will have to quarantine. As the French new case has increased quite dramatically I would have though some overt steps from the French, either at local or National level, may well be in the offing to try and avoid France being added to the list.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Off to France tomorrow for a week in Barcelonette. Ferry back is the 10:00 on Saturday 15th. I’m betting quarantine is implemented from 4am that morning and we’re gonna get stuffed.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy