Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Season booked but what to do?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just to say 1200 is for the annual pass, just winter season pass is going to be cheaper, forgot about that. Also, you get a hefty discount as a repeat customer (I paid 760 odd for my annual as a repeat customer and with couples discount).
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidof wrote:
Idris wrote:

We are hoping the retail market does the same, it's not at the moment, things are going up, but they will burst as soo many places that were bought for AirBnB or to speculate or run a Chalet business but none of whom paid tax here are going bust in their droves.

Well lets hope so but French are extremely stubborn sellers, they will have to be in a lot of distress to drop what they think something is worth.

Funnily enough things here are selling for the asking price.

One of our English friends didn't realise that as he'd engaged an agent the agent would automatically accept any offer at the asking price, and sign the compromis de vente on his behalf.
So his chalet has been sold super fast, and he's wishing he'd put it up for more.
Also he committed the rookie error of only engaging one agent.

This time last years there were 8 chalets for sale here, now there's only one or two I think.
In times on uncertainty when cash is being devalued, gold and property have been the traditional safe havens.
Most people are more familiar with the protocol of buying property than gold and hence choose that option.

The buyers here used to be mainly Dutch, then brits, but recently its been Swiss and older French.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Go go go.

If it goes to poo-poo you can go home or wait it out in the Alps.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sometimes I read a thread just to see what WhiteGold has to say about it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
WindOfChange wrote:
davidof wrote:
Idris wrote:

We are hoping the retail market does the same, it's not at the moment, things are going up, but they will burst as soo many places that were bought for AirBnB or to speculate or run a Chalet business but none of whom paid tax here are going bust in their droves.

Well lets hope so but French are extremely stubborn sellers, they will have to be in a lot of distress to drop what they think something is worth.

Funnily enough things here are selling for the asking price.

One of our English friends didn't realise that as he'd engaged an agent the agent would automatically accept any offer at the asking price, and sign the compromis de vente on his behalf.
So his chalet has been sold super fast, and he's wishing he'd put it up for more.
Also he committed the rookie error of only engaging one agent.

The buyers here used to be mainly Dutch, then brits, but recently its been Swiss and older French.

The asking price is binding whether you have an agent or not under French law
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
An unexpected turn of events while at the pub yesterday afternoon. The agent emailed me offering a full refund as the apartment we reserved is up for sale. They have offered alternative accomodation but I opted for a refund and wait for another few weeks and see what's available. A little gutted I must admit but may be an oppotunity to find a cheaper place and possibly go for only for three months. I seem to remember it being possible but the prices weren't that much cheaper than for a full season.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy