Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Chateaux - ceased trading but "phoenixed" to Alpinium Ski Chalets.

Poster: A snowHead
Harris Holidays (Ski Weekends) has also failed. Sad
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowfinders wrote:
Harris Holidays (Ski Weekends) has also failed. Sad

Do you have a source for that? I'd heard they were at risk, but not seen anything
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Found it - https://www.abta.com/news/harris-holidays-limited-trading-ski-weekends-advice-customers
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
More bad news for our industry Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
These guys?

Www.skiweekends.com

The site is still up with no obvious message.

Edit - no rooms keeps coming up when you click thru on an option
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ster wrote:
These guys?

Www.skiweekends.com

Yes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I worked next door to snow chateaux in les coches one season, they were universally known As snow shiteaux.
They didnt do repeat customers
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ecureuil wrote:
ster wrote:
These guys?

Www.skiweekends.com

Yes

Just had an email from them to book my next ski holiday with them with no deposit needed. Tempting!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ster wrote:
ecureuil wrote:
ster wrote:
These guys?

Www.skiweekends.com

Yes

Just had an email from them to book my next ski holiday with them with no deposit needed. Tempting!

Apparently legit and back up and running...?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fridge03 wrote:
ster wrote:
ecureuil wrote:
ster wrote:
These guys?

Www.skiweekends.com

Yes

Apparently legit and back up and running...?

Well back up and running, although I don't know how legit. Can't easily find what corporate entity you are actually contracting/dealing with on their site and these are their current t&cs, they are a little light on detail:

BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS

“New booking conditions coming soon, we are changing our T&C’s to give you more clarity and protection if your holiday is affected by Covid-19.“
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ster wrote:
Www.skiweekends.com ... Well back up and running, although I don't know how legit. Can't easily find what corporate entity you are actually contracting/dealing with on their site ...
Seems possible that it will be either Love Ski Ltd or Ski Elements* Limited, both of which were dormant and have the same director as Harris Holidays - but which have some recent activity at Companies House.

(*not to be confused with Alpine Elements Limited, who are totally different)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wow we went with Snowchateaux last season (jan this year) couldn’t actually fault the accommodation only the chef who was a rude grumpy Fitzwilliam. Had a great time otherwise.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well it looks like Snowchateaux might not be gone just yet. Their Facebook page just changed the phone number to one of the directors phone numbers.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Beanz wrote:
Well it looks like Snowchateaux might not be gone just yet. Their Facebook page just changed the phone number to one of the directors phone numbers.

They have ceased trading but I would assume that one of the directors has bought the name, website and social media and mailing list to set up again?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ecureuil wrote:
ster wrote:
Www.skiweekends.com ... Well back up and running, although I don't know how legit. Can't easily find what corporate entity you are actually contracting/dealing with on their site ...
Seems possible that it will be either Love Ski Ltd or Ski Elements* Limited, both of which were dormant and have the same director as Harris Holidays - but which have some recent activity at Companies House.

(*not to be confused with Alpine Elements Limited, who are totally different)

Yep. New T&Cs now say " Ski Elements Ltd trading as SkiWeekends ...". I expect that they will continue to quote reviews saying how good "Ski Weekends" have been over a number of years, even though last year's "Ski Weekends" is in administration and the current company was dormant until last month. Sad Another "phoenix" company .... that will not be gettting my custom.
snow conditions
It would appear that Alpinium is the new company to emerge from the ashes of Snow Chateaux and associated companies. It took a while to convince myself on Companies House but through a combination of addresses and officers it appears to be so.

Looked at their T and Cs which appear to be a bit of a cut and paste. Their dispute resolution clause refers to their abta membership and refers to Clause 20 below. Guess what, no Clause 20 and ABTA search does not show them as a member.
snow report
@Snowfinders, You may wish to edit the title of this thread to reflect this (you can edit it by clicking edit on the first post).
snow report
@chocksaway, I think they ran the Alpinium chalets in Tignes Les Boisses. Quite new and smart, one almost opposite Hotel Melezes.
snow report
We stayed in the Alpinium last year
snow report
@PeakyB, I believe you are right. Not on this companies website at the moment, Indeed nothing in Tignes.
snow report
chocksaway wrote:
@Snowfinders, You may wish to edit the title of this thread to reflect this (you can edit it by clicking edit on the first post).

Not sure how to do that.
snow report
chocksaway wrote:
@PeakyB, I believe you are right. Not on this companies website at the moment, Indeed nothing in Tignes.
. There is a very good chance they didnt pay their chalet owners in Tignes in which case, rightly so, there will be reluctance to deal with them so guess they wont feature.

Yes, correct. Alpinium Limited is the phoenix company of Snowchateaux.
ski holidays
Snowfinders wrote:
chocksaway wrote:

Not sure how to do that.

As mentioned, click edit on the first post then in addition to being able to edit the post it also shows the title field which you can edit. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Alastair Pink wrote:
Snowfinders wrote:
chocksaway wrote:

Not sure how to do that.

As mentioned, click edit on the first post then in addition to being able to edit the post it also shows the title field which you can edit. Madeye-Smiley

Laughing
ski holidays
I got a marketing email from Alpinium today. Address in Southend listed.

Offering several chalets across 3 resorts: Montchavin, Peisey Nancroix and La Rosiere.
snow report
Interesting. I loved that place but really??
snow conditions
@Lucywuk,
Quote:

I loved that place but really??

Which place?
ski holidays
Alpinium in tignes. Soz NYE and Moët
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PeakyB wrote:
@Lucywuk,
Quote:

I loved that place but really??

Which place?

Southend Shocked
snow report
@Lucywuk,
Quote:

Alpinium in tignes. Soz NYE and Moët

Very Happy From a quick look, they don’t seem to be offering anywhere in Tignes. Those places they had in Les Boisses looked lush.
ski holidays
@denfinella,
Quote:

Southend

Laughing Should we be wary?
Is Southend the last refuge of gangsters or scoundrels?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy