Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Survey - Thesis on Sustainable Snowboards (and Skis)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@boarder2020 yeah I have the same problem with boots... And they're expensive too, for something you have to replace on a yearly basis. Would be nice if somehow this could be improved.

@SLB79 I like your perspective and your positive way of approaching this whole thing Smile

@jedster: So you're actually right here, I just discovered I misread some stuff about this subject and got some wrong conclusions there. It could indeed also be PE or a TPU/ABS mixture (but this is less likely as it doesn't allow for sublimation printing). Thanks for raising my attention to this, seems I have to do some more research on this topic - and I can tone down my frustration on this topic a little as it's incorrect Confused
Topsheets are quite demanding though, I think the main thing is UV resistance (according to the ISO-SPORTS brochure PA11 is 5x as UV-resistant as PE), and they also need to be hard enough to not get damaged by any impact. So PA11 is an often-used material in topsheets, but it is indeed probably the higher end skis. Thanks for the correction Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, I'm also doing a dissertation on sustainable snowboards, was wondering if you had an email address or LinkedIn I could contact you via asking for advice on the process. I also have a survey looking at consumer preferences to sustainability so will be posting about it soon once I get admin permission. Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy