Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

les saisies

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
is les saisies a gamble for new year? its 1600 i think which in theory should be fine, but as i have never being i thought i would put it out there..... alternative is espace killy, but clearly further and more expensive etc..... its for skiing with 2 young kids so greens all week are fine.....

ta
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think there would be enough snow in Les Saisies itself. We skied there at the end of December in 2016 which was an exceptionally bad snow year and the main slopes on Mont Bisane were snow covered (whereas nearby Megeve looked completely green). The rest of the Espace Diamant is lower so harder to predict.

I would not choose Tignes as an alternative with young kids as if you had whiteout conditions it would be bleak. I would suggest also looking at Montgenevre which has suitable runs for your kids and usually has good snow at Christmas. It has plenty of trees lower down which makes it easier to keep track of the kids when its snowing.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ajc2260626, it's an age old dilemma. If it's a poor start to the season you want the altitude. If the weather is poor you want the trees. Ideally you want both which is why I got to Les Coches a lot but it's not an ideal young kids place.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@snowymum, i know tignes like the back of my hand and there's some nice little loops for complete beginners for my 4 year old, am not too worried about lack of trees as they are really just pootling on the nursery stuff etc i just want a short a drive as poss and a smaller / cheaper area & resort etc i think that montgenevre is prob about as far as tignes? when you went to les saisies was there coverage on the nursery slopes?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ajc2260626, maybe have a look at La Norma.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@ajc2260626, I think Les Saisies would be fine for what you are looking for. There are numerous easy runs on the Mont Bisane side which was entirely white even in December 2016 when snow conditions were well below average in the northern french alps. There are also some gentle runs in the Legette/Chard du Beurre area. It is a beautiful resort and very family orientated. I would definitely give it a go.

Montgenevre is as you say probably about the same length drive as Tignes but there tends to be less traffic from the Maurienne valley onwards. The drawback is paying for the Frejus tunnel.

Snowhead Pam W owned an apartment in Les Saisies for many years so maybe it would be worth sending her a pm if she doesn't see this thread.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i will drop her a line, cgh places look the best bet for accomodation as i believe they are at the foot of the slopes......
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ajc2260626, We stayed in Le Hameau de Beaufortain (CGH) some years ago. It is in a beautiful piste side location. However some of the apartments have small room sizes/lack of natural light and it is a drive from the centre of the resort. I think Residence Amaya looks the best option now. It is built by MGM and only a year old, on the piste yet within walking distance of the resort centre (I think). We are going to Les Saisies next season ourselves and have booked Residence Amaya self drive through Peak Retreats who I'd recommend if you want to book through a self drive tour operator. If you want a cheaper option Chalets des Cimes (MMV) look to be in a reasonable location.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Les Saisies (Bisanne sector) is as good as anywhere in snow terms, but be under no illusion that it will be very crowded at New Year, as will anywhere else. There is a new lift set up (since I sold my place) which should make the Residence Amaya much more convenient than that area was previously. There are lots of cheaper, more basic, apartments in the centre, all easy enough for access. If you need ski school, book it WELL in advance. I would recommend the ESI Glisse Passion school - when we last used it they had very small kids groups. Much more expensive than the monster ESF classes, but well worth it.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheers Pam, I will be teaching them myself so that’s at least on thing I don’t need to worry about, I think that amaya place is about the same price as the cgh places so prom amaya the way to go
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy