Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing 20/21 - Changing usual approach?

Poster: A snowHead
I'm going to UCPA it again this year, it's easier and last year they refunded everyone no dramas.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thinking of booking an Airbnb for feb half term. Found a few nice ones, but still have the nagging doubt of it not going ahead.
What is the credit card policy at the moment, as instructions are changing all the time? (Spain announcement this morning!)
We do it all ourselves anyway but the accommodation is the biggest outlay
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
One big question - Can you afford/manage/does your work allow you to quarantine for 14 days on return, if there is an outbreak in the country where you are skiing?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Old Fartbag wrote:
One big question - Can you afford/manage/does your work allow you to quarantine for 14 days on return, if there is an outbreak in the country where you are skiing?
Just thinking ... I'm retired so could actually be a great opportunity to drive down & spend a bit longer in (hopefully) much quieter resort, then if required, 14 days of DIY when I get home would be no big deal
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
geoffers wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:
Just thinking ... I'm retired so could actually be a great opportunity to drive down & spend a bit longer in (hopefully) much quieter resort, then if required, 14 days of DIY when I get home would be no big deal

Sounds like a plan.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, I think this is a big take-away from the latest Spainish event. For the foreseeable future, for discretionary travel, if you go away from home for any length of time, in the UK or abroad, you must be prepared for your destination to be set as a quarantine zone. In which case you 'll have to quarantine for 2 weeks when you return. You need to know your situation re employment and domestic arrangements re 2 weeks of home quarantine. And if you think you can't cope with the consequences, then don't go.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This was my thinking. For us, I could probably quarantineFor work, but the kids would have to miss school which is not worth it.
This could kill half term!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Interestingly just tried to have a scout at ferry crosssings around Xmas. Anyone know why returns in January just aren't coming up - schedules not published at 6 months, Eurotunnel conspiracy, Brexit bonus?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Dave of the Marmottes, no idea tbh. It was the same when I was booking a few weeks ago. Not that I needed a crossing for then but I was checking things out.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Dave of the Marmottes DFDS usually open bookings in August or September for sailings after (approx) 4 January
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Old Fartbag wrote:

I'm very lucky in that would be able to. I've been wfh throughout and they are talking about maybe only going in 1 or 2 days a week permanently. I really have to count my blessings through all this.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Interestingly just tried to have a scout at ferry crosssings around Xmas. Anyone know why returns in January just aren't coming up - schedules not published at 6 months, Eurotunnel conspiracy, Brexit bonus?

P&O are usually late publishing their schedules. Brittany Ferries crossings are already up for 2021.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Similar vein - does anyone know / recall when Eurotunnel crossings for March 21 onwards might get released? Anxious to avoid French holidays this time, more than any other time...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JP Wolf wrote:
Similar vein - does anyone know / recall when Eurotunnel crossings for March 21 onwards might get released? Anxious to avoid French holidays this time, more than any other time...

I emailed Eurotunnel the other day as I want to book - but I guess it'll be a case of buying 2 singles.

Eurotunnel Le Shuttle Support)
28 Jul 2020, 10:28 BST
Thank you for our email.

At the moment it is possible to book until 28th February 2021 on our website. We are aiming to release March 2021 at around September 2020. At this time we can only advise you to keep checking our website to see when the dates you are looking for are available.

Our prices are based upon the demands on our service. The further ahead you book, the cheaper the ticket is likely to be and crossings are priced on a single leg basis. Therefore, if you wanted to book your outward journey now for the 7th February 2021, you can and the return can be added to this once March 2021 is available.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Very High Probability that Borders will be closed this winter & severe travel restrictions reimpose.

Insurance will become automatically invalid.

Therefore effectively Winter 2020/21 will not be open for Internationals ..

Health Risks vs Economic Reward is just to High for Ski Countries to go through again..

I would not start making any plans or commit any money to Winter Holidays (unless you can afford to lose it)..

Do Not Travel around Europe 2020/2021

STAY AT HOME.
ski holidays
I reckon all services are uncertain at the moment. Son and family had booked and paid for direct Eurostar from London to Avignon in next week or so. Then that service was cancelled - there are no direct services for the foreseeable. They were given a refund and Eurostar paid the difference for them to go via Lille and change - not so convenient, with two small kids, but that's what was available. And that was booking a few weeks ahead, not months.
ski holidays
They have tickets booked and paid for for the return journey, but are not banking on those services happening as scheduled.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy