Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Scarlet wrote:
random_banter wrote:
I should have noted it's supposed to be FFP2 masks only. Seen a few with plain black ones.

FFP2 masks do come in other colours than white, it's just that they're usually more expensive and not as available. I have some black ones at the moment, as that's what the supermarket was selling that particular week. They're just the same.

Yes my FFP2 masks are black. Didn't cost anymore where i bought them and my teenage daughter prefers them.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think 5 ffp black masks were 6 euro in the spa opposite icebar
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry yes I meant more so some people weee visibly wearing cloth ones - must pick up some black FFP2 myself while we're here. Everything goes better with black!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
random_banter wrote:
Sorry yes I meant more so some people weee visibly wearing cloth ones - must pick up some black FFP2 myself while we're here. Everything goes better with black!

Not a grey beard apparently Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just back from Mayrhofen from Snowbombing. Masks were non existant, all trough town and on the lifts. I think this may have been cos of the festival. The authorites enforced daily lateral flow testing, amazingly, with over 4000 people in attendance, there were hardly any cases of the Rona at all. A true miracle.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
scotspikey wrote:
Just back from Mayrhofen from Snowbombing. Masks were non existant, all trough town and on the lifts. I think this may have been cos of the festival. The authorites enforced daily lateral flow testing, amazingly, with over 4000 people in attendance, there were hardly any cases of the Rona at all. A true miracle.

That is impressive. Conversely the week before Snowbombing masks were being enforced in most places and lifts, and they were looking for certs to get into bars. We are pretty sure we caught Corona in the Ice bar around the 28th/29th March. We were feeling a little ill the day we got home and then discovered it with lateral flow tests. And it's been a rough week and a half since we got home, only starting to get over it now and still testing positive. I never want to experience it again. If the virus is still around next season I'll be thinking twice about going to packed messy indoor apres, not worth it! (Or maybe it was.... ?) Very Happy

Glad you had a good week.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes just back from Obergurgl/Solden

No masks in hotel. No masks in any gondolas in Obergurgl, a bit more in Solden - only once on the gondola was told to put one on (on the glacier). People did wear them on the Obergurgl/Solden bus, and in shops and mountain restaurants.

Miracles of miracles my BA flight from Innsbruck was not delayed at all - just took two hours from touching down at LHR to be leaving the terminal...baggage problem mainly
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
In Mayrhofen at the moment. About 50% wearing mask.... have to confess get rather cross when those are blatantly chatting away no mask while sharing a lift with you, but as they get in sight of lift station they put one on.... I couldn't help muttering... not a lot of point now!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
NickyJ wrote:
In Mayrhofen at the moment. About 50% wearing mask.... have to confess get rather cross when those are blatantly chatting away no mask while sharing a lift with you, but as they get in sight of lift station they put one on.... I couldn't help muttering... not a lot of point now!

In Zermatt 10 days ago and had the same feelings of annoyance when people in the cable car flouted the rules, but was great fun over on the Cervinia side watching the Carabinieri getting a bit direct with non-wearers and seeing them sullenly complying.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@DCG, if they don't wear it c'est la vie. But the pretence they are complying really annoys me
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
scotspikey wrote:

We were at Snowbombing too. Daily farce of registering a negative lateral flow test. Agree masks were non-existent anywhere and clubs and bars were full.

Not heard of a single positive result from anyone when we have got back.

Conditions were fantastic and the only negative was the state of Scotland Yard. Don't remember it being a locals bar last time I was there but the place looked rundown.

Didn't get asked for our Proof of Vaccination in any of the airports either. Fantastic!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The mask requirement is being dropped most places except for those deemed essential (supermarkets, public transport, pharmacies etc.) from Saturday, along with most other 3G restrictions in nightclubs (and presumably après bars) etc.

https://orf.at/stories/3259838/
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Scarlet wrote:
The mask requirement is being dropped most places except for those deemed essential (supermarkets, public transport, pharmacies etc.) from Saturday, along with most other 3G restrictions in nightclubs (and presumably après bars) etc.

https://orf.at/stories/3259838/

We had the J&J vaccine initially and Pfizer vaccine in November, however on uploading our Covid Vaccine Cert to Austria Green Pass it only gives us Validity until May 17th, does this mean the need for Green pass is being dropped, what about entry to Austria

Thank You
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@2waterford, the J&J vaccine was only valid until 3rd January 2022 - see https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/austria-to-shorten-validity-of-vaccination-certificates-from-12-to-9-months-starting-on-december/

Quote:

"In regards to the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, the Austrian authorities have made an important announcement. They have disclosed that single-dose vaccination with the Johnson & Johnson vaccine will not be recognised after January 3, 2022.

“A single vaccination with Johnson & Johnson will only be recognised until January 3, 2022. After that date, a booster is required,” the authorities highlighted.

Your J&J vaccine is therefore not counted, and you are seen as having a single dose of Pfizer, which is only valid for 6 months. You need a booster (in your case a 3rd vaccine) to get in after that.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@2waterford, As above, though you can also get in with a negative test https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations
There are no 3G checks once you are in Austria, unless you happen to fall into an exemption (unlikely, unless you are visiting care homes or hospitals and I'm not sure what the exact rules are then).
snow report
Scarlet wrote:
@2waterford, As above, though you can also get in with a negative test https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations
There are no 3G checks once you are in Austria, unless you happen to fall into an exemption (unlikely, unless you are visiting care homes or hospitals and I'm not sure what the exact rules are then).

Thank you, at this stage I think it’s easier to do a test than trying to get another vaccine that I am not entitled to in Ireland, also I will be coming to Austria by land.
snow report
@2waterford, Afaik, there are no checks on the roads...
ski holidays
Just for info: Having heard that Austria was going to extend the validity of Boosters back up to 365 Days I did a quick search to find confirmation in writing. Haven't found anything yet but as of yesterday my Grunner Pass seems to have automatically reset to 365 Days anyway. Winner.
snow conditions
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
Just for info: Having heard that Austria was going to extend the validity of Boosters back up to 365 Days I did a quick search to find confirmation in writing. Haven't found anything yet but as of yesterday my Grunner Pass seems to have automatically reset to 365 Days anyway. Winner.

I am a small bit of a loss, having had J&J last year and Pfizer before Christmas and that is valid for 6 months, if I was to get another booster now how long is that valid for, if It was only valid for 6 months it wouldn’t cover next winter season.
ski holidays
@2waterford, It depends on whether your J&J + Pfizer is counted as 2 doses or 3 doses. If 2 doses, validity is 6 months. 3 doses is 12 months from most recent dose. If you also have a recovery certificate, that counts as a dose too, so you can get to 3 with some combination.

Don't worry about next winter season yet – the Green Pass was extended to 12 months simply because a lot of Austrian people would pass the previous 9 month validity over the summer, and might have difficulty travelling for their summer hols. 12 months still won't cover the winter season, so they will have to extend it again, vaccinate again or bin it completely.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 26-04-22 12:01; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@Scarlet, thank you

The Green Pass is only recognising my vaccines as 2/1,

Austrians who received J&J and a Pfizer booster, have they been offered a 3rd Vaccine,
ski holidays
@2waterford, A bit of digging and it looks like J&J is now just being classed the same as a single dose of anything else, which explains your 2/1 and 6 month validity. You would need another dose to extend your certificate, but this would give you a further 12 months under current rules.

Info here: https://www.sozialministerium.at/Informationen-zum-Coronavirus/Coronavirus---Haeufig-gestellte-Fragen/FAQ-G-Regel.html
https://www.sozialministerium.at/Informationen-zum-Coronavirus/Coronavirus---Haeufig-gestellte-Fragen/FAQ-Gruener-Pass.html

For now, if that would be problematic for you, I would just get an antigen test (24h validity) on the road or bring one with you, if you are concerned about being stopped.

In Austria, 3 doses is currently the recommendation unless you are elderly or CEV, where it is 4. However, I believe anyone can book a 4th dose if they want one (Austria has large vaccine stocks now and some will be going out of date).
latest report
Scarlet wrote:
@2waterford, A bit of digging and it looks like J&J is now just being classed the same as a single dose of anything else, which explains your 2/1 and 6 month validity. You would need another dose to extend your certificate, but this would give you a further 12 months under current rules.

Info here: https://www.sozialministerium.at/Informationen-zum-Coronavirus/Coronavirus---Haeufig-gestellte-Fragen/FAQ-G-Regel.html
https://www.sozialministerium.at/Informationen-zum-Coronavirus/Coronavirus---Haeufig-gestellte-Fragen/FAQ-Gruener-Pass.html

For now, if that would be problematic for you, I would just get an antigen test (24h validity) on the road or bring one with you, if you are concerned about being stopped.

In Austria, 3 doses is currently the recommendation unless you are elderly or CEV, where it is 4. However, I believe anyone can book a 4th dose if they want one (Austria has large vaccine stocks now and some will be going out of date).

Thank you, will just bring antigen test and see what Autumn brings for us all in terms of vaccination and boosters
snow conditions
From Monday May 16th Austria are lifting all travel restrictions
ski holidays
I need to double check but, I think all 3G rules end too. I believe restrictions for travel remain in place for visitors from Hungary and Slovenia….that could be political Laughing
snow report
From ORF [translated]:
Quote:
Austria lifts all entry rules imposed because of the pandemic. As of Monday [16th May], a 3-G certificate is no longer required for entry into Austria. Entry from all countries of the world is thus possible again without any conditions. This is stated in the new entry regulation published yesterday by the Ministry of Health. The repeal was justified by the current epidemiological situation.
snow conditions
Great news
ski holidays
Hopefully after nearly 2 years and nearly 8000 posts that's the end of the thread!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@munich_irish, Laughing there are still mask mandates in place, and the legislation for vaccine mandates and virus variant areas has been left in place to trigger at short notice. A 4-part plan is apparently in process for autumn, hopefully more sensible than last year's nonsense, but I won't hold my breath.
latest report
There were no Covid checks at Salzburg airport yesterday, but masks still required in food shops and public transport.
snow report
@Scarlet, same here though the mask thing is slowly disappearing whatever the regulations (though significant numbers continue to wear them in shops despite no requirement to). Outside of medical situations it is only public transport but noticeable many people not wearing them in stations etc and some people on trains and buses. The EU wide plane & airport rule goes from Monday.
snow report
munich_irish wrote:
Hopefully after nearly 2 years and nearly 8000 posts that's the end of the thread!

But surely the thread needs to get to 200 pages…. Laughing Toofy Grin
latest report
Most of the threads I start have perhaps generate a half dozen posts (actually that's the biggest apart from this one) When I posted I was only really interested in the problem of traversing Austria to get to the Dolomites (we followed the rues and it went fine). I'm really shocked that it generated so many posts and went on so long and I must confess I haven't read 7980 of them. Sorry
latest report
@johnE, why apologise? A useful thread with no rules on what you have to read.
snow report
Cacciatore wrote:
munich_irish wrote:

But surely the thread needs to get to 200 pages…. Laughing Toofy Grin

Surely the 4 part plan referenced above will revitalise the thread in the autumn particularly as Covid no longer seems to exist in the UK if you follow the govt/media so at present chances of an annual booster programme to comply with countries that decide to require one could be problematic....
snow report
@Dave of the Marmottes, the issue in German speaking countries is not getting folk to have a fourth shot its getting some folk to have one shot!
ski holidays
Compulsory wearing of masks in supermarkets due to end from 1st June.
latest report
@munich_irish,
Quote:

the issue in German speaking countries is not getting folk to have a fourth shot its getting some folk to have one shot!

Yet Germany and Austria exceed the UK's vacination rate. Or is English a Germanic language?
ski holidays
@johnE, I thought the UK was higher up in getting people vaccinated but not keeping up with the various facts & figures. A quick look at Google suggests the UK has more with one shot but Germany more fully vaccinated / boosters but suspect the statistics are subject to debate. There has been a significant political movement in all German speaking countries against vaccination and also much mainstream upset that those who refuse to get vaccinated are hurting society as a whole (by ending up in hospital) hence the move towards compulsory vaccination (which is currently on hold). This seems to be missing in the UK (yes I know there have been antis but they seem small groups not the much larger numbers seen here).
latest report
Cacciatore wrote:
Compulsory wearing of masks in supermarkets due to end from 1st June.

Suspended for 3 Months.

Those nutjobs plan on bringing the mandates back in September...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy