Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
@random_banter, it’s been going back and forward not everyone is happy with the way the health minister acted.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In Mayrhofen today no lift required a mask including penken, no shops so far, no food places and only one bus driver.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ollski2.0 wrote:
In Mayrhofen today no lift required a mask including penken, no shops so far, no food places and only one bus driver.

Don't think this is due to come into 'force' until tomorrow, or perhaps it's at the weekend - unclear right now.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ollski2.0, @random_banter, new rules come in at midnight, from 00.01 FFP2 in enclosed spaces.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
From the regs I’ve just seen, it said that for events over 100 people, if there is a designated seat then an FFP2 mask must be worn, but if there isn’t then the venue can choose mask or 3G?? FFS it doesn’t even make any sense! I’m just glad I’m not hosting an event tomorrow, as with this info being distribute 2 hrs before it’s due to go into force, I would be hitting the roof!

People on hols in ski resorts won’t have a clue what’s going on rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Scarlet, agree, in Saalbach at the moment and spoken to a few English,Dutch, Czech and no idea that it’s coming, what alerted me was a restaurant we have booked for tomorrow, letting me know earlier this week that we will need masks, which made me delve further.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No enforcement of mask wearing in Ski Amade today.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nothing appears to have changed in Ischgl, Galtur, Kappl, See, Samnaun, all pretty relaxed this week. apres is still in full swing both on mountain (Taja), and in town (Elizabeth, Niki's stadl. Cable cars and go Dallas the majority are still wearing masks.
Buses the majority are masked. Not been asked yesterday for COVID passes into bars, huttes, or restaurants.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@RedandWhiteFlachau, @Bob, new rules start today (Thursday)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@radar, with new rules are we going to need to scan our covid pass to go into restaurants etc? Trying to work out how many spares to print just in case
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The Saalbach Hinterglem tourist office have posted an update.

Masks in enclosed spaces but not in gondolas , I will continue to wear mine.

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@NickyJ, at the moment it’s wear a mask when in a restaurant and not seated, not sure how the bars are going to enforce it. It will be the same for any enclosed space, you will need to wear it in a hotel, you already had to in the supermarket.

Our restaurant for this evening have made us aware that we will need to wear a mask, which got me back into keeping an eye on the rules.

There is an option for venues to us the 3G rule which would mean the QR code, I would print a couple of copies and take a screenshot of your booster, you need to show your vaccination status on entry, the border police were checkin in Salzburg airport.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There no difference at breakfast this morning, no masks on staff or guests at all.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@radar, thanks. Will setup these again and then print 2 spare ones.

Need to get Keiras onto her phone (she is too young to be allowed the app) thankfully I can get it via website now.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

The Saalbach Hinterglemm tourist office has updated their site
latest report
Info on https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information has been updated.

I'm still a bit unclear on whether they will look for 3G certs vs. mask wearing in Apres Ski bars based on the below. I think it's essentially saying you can go to restaurants and wear a mask around the place OR prove your 3G status, but don't know if that applies to Apres Bars (non seated).

I'm wondering if the 180 days rule within Austria for people who are double vaccinated but not boosted is still in play here. It's possible they just haven't updated the guidance at the bottom. We aren't boosted yet due to a variety of reasons, and traveling on Saturday so really trying to figure out as much as possible before going.
---------

Everything you need to know for your holiday in Austria
Travelling to Austria soon? The following Covid safety measures currently apply:

Since 24 March, FFP2 masks are mandatory again in all public indoor areas. This includes public transport, cable cars and ski lifts, all shops, cultural and leisure centres, hotels and restaurants (when not seated).
Bars, clubs and après ski locations can choose between mandatory FFP2 masks OR "3-G" proof (vaccinated/recovered or tested). This also applies to indoor events with more than 100 participants. Please check the rules before you attend.
When entering Austria, the "3-G" rule (vaccinated/recovered/tested) applies, when in Austria, you no longer need to proof your status.
Attention! Vienna has stricter rules than the rest of Austria - see below.

The rules for skiing holidays
"3-G" proof is no longer required at restaurants and hotels
FFP2 masks are mandatory when using cable cars / ski lifts
Après-ski is possible again

The rules for Vienna
At restaurants, bars, clubs and gyms, the "2-G" rule (vaccinated/recovered) applies.
Children from the age of 6 can gain "2-G" status by testing. For under 12 year olds, a PCR test is valid for 72 hours, a LFT/antigen test for 48 hours. Teenagers aged 12 to 15 - who are not yet fully vaccinated or recovered - need to take a PCR test (valid for 48 hours).

Validity of vaccination / proof of recovery
When "2-G" or "3-G" proof is required, the following rules apply:

PCR tests are valid for 72 hours (in Vienna: 48 hours), LFT/antigen tests for 24 hours (in Vienna only valid for children under the age of 12)
Two-dose vaccinations: valid for 180 days after the second dose (210 days for under 18 year olds)
Booster jab: valid for 270 days after the booster. There need to be at least 90 days between the second and third jab.
The Johnson & Johnson jab is only valid together with a booster. The booster is valid for 180 days after the second dose (210 days for under 18 year olds).
Proof of recovery can be used for 180 days to gain "2-G" status. A medical certificate including the date of recovery is needed.
When recovered, the first jab is valid for 180 days (210 days for under 18 year olds)
The following vaccinations are currently recognized: BioNtech/Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson, Moderna und Novavax.
ski holidays
For entering Germany it says they want the latest vaccination to be at least 14 days ago.
What if that is jab no 4 so you’ve already had 2 Pfizer plus the booster?
But jab no 4 was within 14 days?

I can’t find specific guidance on this Confused
latest report
@VolklAttivaS5, show them the QR code for #3, as long as it was less than 270 days ago?
snow report
@ousekjarr, I was thinking this would be fine as no 4 is extra for certain people. Yes no 3 was less than 270 days ago.

Thanks
snow conditions
Don’t know if it’s because of a rule tightening but our code was only looked at at the jet2 checking at Bristol.....have not opened it again at all
snow report
@random_banter, I'm not surprised you are confused – it's a nonsensical mess!

Quote:
I'm still a bit unclear on whether they will look for 3G certs vs. mask wearing in Apres Ski bars based on the below. I think it's essentially saying you can go to restaurants and wear a mask around the place OR prove your 3G status, but don't know if that applies to Apres Bars (non seated).

It's up to the venue to decide, rather than the customer, which rules they will follow where there is a choice. I'm not certain where après bars fall on this one, but it may be up to them which they ask for. Restaurants don't get to choose – you must where an FFP2 mask, but shouldn't be asked for a vaccine certificate.

Quote:
I'm wondering if the 180 days rule within Austria for people who are double vaccinated but not boosted is still in play here.

I haven't seen anywhere where this has changed, so assume it is still in place. However, as it is not required in the majority of places, you will still have access to ski lifts, restaurants etc. As you suspect, après bars may be the exception.
snow report
Last night we had our COVID passes checked for entry to the pubs and there were more masks in the shops although they don’t seem to care what sort. None on around the hotel or in any lifts.
latest report
The first day of the new rules was interesting, all lift staff are now wearing masks, visited two mountain restaurants one all staff wearing masks and asking customers to wear them, when moving around, mainly going to the loo, second one no masks . Evening meal restaurant informed us that we had to wear masks and asked that we wear one when moving around.

We noticed that a few of the bars have put up signs on the door saying that you have to have a 3 G check.
latest report
Well they did tighten the rules and on the last couple of days all transport insisted on masks particularly the trains, buses and the airport but not on the lifts or the plane. All 3 of us who went now have COVID though.
latest report
No one asked for vax proof at INN on landing. We wore (FFP2) masks in the taxi but the driver didnt.

Havent stopped in any mountain huts, but our hotel is on top of it big time. Each room is allocated the same table for the whole stay. All the staff have masks all the time, and have been making sure my 8y.o. does too. Really notice the difference with FFP2, especially at altitude!

He's struggling to get into the habit, i have a couple of UK cloth masks as he doesnt need FFP2.

Only been on chairs and drags so far (there's only 1 gondola here) so havent had to mask up on the mountain.
snow report
I didn't realise under 12s needed masks in austria?
ski holidays
@NickyJ, They are exempt from FFP2 (which makes sense as afaik they only come in adult size).
Quote:
Please note: Children under the age of 6 are exempt, from age 6 to 13 regular face coverings are accepted. Teenagers aged 14 and over need to wear FFP2 masks.

https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information
latest report
@Scarlet, thank you! Will make sure my sister is aware as we are going together. She may well be on the case already as mine children are both 12 and over we are used to them needing face coverings, so hadn't spotted the need for them.

Getting rather excited 11days and lots of snow coming according to forecasts
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ollski2.0 wrote:
Well they did tighten the rules and on the last couple of days all transport insisted on masks particularly the trains, buses and the airport but not on the lifts or the plane. All 3 of us who went now have COVID though.

Which is strange as airlines to and from countries that require masks themselves require masks

going to and from Austria in Feb had to have a mask, and fully expect the same on Saturday; indeed have had a text from BA already stating that
latest report
EarthWindandWater wrote:
No one asked for vax proof at INN on landing. We wore (FFP2) masks in the taxi but the driver didnt.

Havent stopped in any mountain huts, but our hotel is on top of it big time. Each room is allocated the same table for the whole stay. All the staff have masks all the time, and have been making sure my 8y.o. does too. Really notice the difference with FFP2, especially at altitude!

He's struggling to get into the habit, i have a couple of UK cloth masks as he doesnt need FFP2.

Only been on chairs and drags so far (there's only 1 gondola here) so havent had to mask up on the mountain.

Same table for the whole stay is standard in Austria... In Feb masks had to be worn on chairs...which was a bit daft

FFP2 didn't seem to affect me at 2000m in February, but I will now be at 3000m, so be interesting to see...

Only one gondola? I'm off to Obergurgl which has more gondolas than chairs! Reminds me of the spoof Monty Python travelogue on Venice "more f****** gondolas"
snow conditions
buchanan101 wrote:
ollski2.0 wrote:

Which is strange as airlines to and from countries that require masks themselves require masks

going to and from Austria in Feb had to have a mask, and fully expect the same on Saturday; indeed have had a text from BA already stating that

Not too sure, guess English airline companies abide by English rules. When we flew out on 19th mar there were no masks to be seen anywhere at all, rules retightened 24th I think and they were quite strongly enforced with most transport saying there was a 40euro fine if caught without. Everybody in Innsbruck airport on the 26 had masks up until boarding jet2 where probably 70% removed them and there were none seen on cabin crew.
I’m flying BA to Zurich next week but I believe all restrictions are dropped from 1st April
snow conditions
The last time we flew, they were using the requirements on the landing country.
latest report
In Mayrhofen since Saturday.

Masks enforced indoors, (indoor public spaces, restaurants, hotels) hotel staff in particular reminding everyone they need to be worn. Their sentiment is that masks shouldn't have been gotten rid of in the first place as now they're experiencing a surge since restrictions were dropped. We've no problem with any of that, it was the same in Ireland until recently. Some other nationalities have been giving a bit of grief to staff over it. Pretty arrogant and disrespectful IMO. It's a very small penance to pay for getting to enjoy a ski holiday again.

Certificates being checked for particular bars (e.g. Ice Bar).

Masks required in gondolas /télécabine etc but not chairs. Attendant on Ahorn télécabine the other day made a point of not allowing people on until they masked up.

Other than masks, everything as normal. Been a great week so far.
ski holidays
random_banter wrote:
In Mayrhofen since Saturday.

Masks enforced indoors, (indoor public spaces, restaurants, hotels) hotel staff in particular reminding everyone they need to be worn. Their sentiment is that masks shouldn't have been gotten rid of in the first place as now they're experiencing a surge since restrictions were dropped. We've no problem with any of that, it was the same in Ireland until recently. Some other nationalities have been giving a bit of grief to staff over it. Pretty arrogant and disrespectful IMO. It's a very small penance to pay for getting to enjoy a ski holiday again.

Certificates being checked for particular bars (e.g. Ice Bar).

Masks required in gondolas /télécabine etc but not chairs. Attendant on Ahorn télécabine the other day made a point of not allowing people on until they masked up.

Other than masks, everything as normal. Been a great week so far.

Agree totally - it's no great hardship. The only people I saw openly disrespecting the requirements in Zell am See in February were a Dutch group of 20 somethings. Zell am See was full of Irish folk
snow report
@random_banter, good info cheers! Are they insisting on masks or letting buffs pulled up onto gondolas??
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
@random_banter, good info cheers! Are they insisting on masks or letting buffs pulled up onto gondolas??

I've seen people with buffs pulled up instead of masks. I've got a buff with FFP2 filters, used it a couple of times. The only thing is it's been quite warm and the buff just made it too warm, so not wearing at the moment.

I should have noted it's supposed to be FFP2 masks only. Seen a few with plain black ones.

Everyone was wearing masks on the flight over, and Innsbruck airport everyone had masks on as well.
snow conditions
Quote:

Here in Lech they are checking masks on gondolas, I saw one guy pulled out because he had a buff...
snow report
Pretty much no one in Kaltenbach Fugen putting on masks on the gondolas as they only had the small cabins working and it was mainly family/friend groups. None of the lifties wearing them either. No I e in the restaurants in the mountain wearing them between tables. We haven’t been asked once for vaccine status since arriving in Austria.
ski holidays
random_banter wrote:
I should have noted it's supposed to be FFP2 masks only. Seen a few with plain black ones.

FFP2 masks do come in other colours than white, it's just that they're usually more expensive and not as available. I have some black ones at the moment, as that's what the supermarket was selling that particular week. They're just the same.
latest report
Scarlet wrote:
random_banter wrote:

FFP2 masks do come in other colours than white, it's just that they're usually more expensive and not as available. I have some black ones at the moment, as that's what the supermarket was selling that particular week. They're just the same.

Black ones match my ski outfit better... Bought some from Amazon
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy