Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
pineapplechunks10 wrote:
Hello

Question regarding those who were able to get their doctor to sign the following document.

https://www.ris.bka.gv.at/Dokumente/Bundesnormen/NOR40234210/II_222_2021_Anlage_4.pdf

Did you have to do anything else after. I'm a little confused. Did you just print it off and get the doctor to sign it? It mentions below at the bottom about getting it verified? Also mentions a doctors seal. Do we even have those in the UK? Any help would be greatly appreciate.

I had to pay £40 to get them to sign it, but all that's required is they sign/date it and stamp it. I didn't actually have to use it though as I subsequently got a negative PCR.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ousekjarr, in the German speaking world there is a rather naïve reliance on the power of a stamp. Every business from the tiniest one person outfit to the largest corporation has them. If you dont have a stamp on a document it is not "official". However you can simply go to any stationary shop (plenty on the internet) and get a stamp, no check on who you say you are. In this case if the form doesnt have a stamp it might be rejected, with a stamp, even from "Herr Doktor Professor M. Maus" it will be accepted without question Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anyone managed to fly to Austria under the new rules yet or are we all going this weekend?
Would be interesting to hear accounts!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Austria COVID numbers are continuing to rise despite all the restrictions. But there has been a shift in demographics in the last 10 days or so. The age group with the most infections is the non-mask wearing, dirty bombs in the 5-14 years age group. Clearly a combination of unvaccinated minors, omicron infectiousness and the return to school after the holidays. The next group with highest infections are the 30-44 year olds, which if you think about it, makes perfect sense as they are the parents of said dirty bombs.

The good news is that the folks you are mostly likely to come in to contact with, on the slopes or in your hotels, all had it over Christmas and New Year!! Here in Flachau we are at less than 50% (150 vs 374) of the numbers we had 3 weeks ago and as I posted then, 60% of those were Ski Instructors and hospitality staff.

So, just double check your travel insurance to be on the safe side and get on down. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My mate's son (18 ) (his age not name) has managed to get a booster appointment for 3 days before we go to Saalbach.

Just to clarify with everyone whose ear is close to the ground:

1. There's no issue with it being less than 120 days since his second jab. That's just for Austrian citizens?
2. There's no issue with the booster being so close to travel? The 14 day requirement has disappeared.
3. The booster should appear on his NHS app within 2 days?
4. What's the back up plan if it hasn't appeared on his NHS App?

We don't want to be the day before departure waiting for his app to update and panicking that he might need a PCR. Is that this situation we're likely to be in or is there another proof of booster?

Thanks all
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@TopGooner, correct on points 1-3. My booster appeared within 12 hours, but clearly that's dependent on batch submission times and processing delays.

For the backup plan, that would be a short turnaround PCR test to satisfy the entry requirements, and then once he's in he's OK as the 2 vaccination doses makes him 2G compliant.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Does anybody think Austria may relax PCR on entry to lateral flow tests? Rules are gradually being relaxed around the world and studies suggest that travel testing is pointless. I'm guessing though, that Austria might be the last to fold, but trying to delay booking a PCR just in case
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@dedders, personally I think it's unlikely to change for a couple of weeks at least.

Depending on how you propose to do the PCR test you may be able to cancel at no cost, or for at home tests most of the providers are happy to swap from a PCR to a lateral flow on request - the cost to them of the test kit is minimal, compared to the cost of the lab time to process a PCR. Leaving it late may just mean that you have to travel further to a test centre with availability, or that you're struggling to get it done in time.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dedders wrote:
Does anybody think Austria may relax PCR on entry to lateral flow tests? Rules are gradually being relaxed around the world and studies suggest that travel testing is pointless. I'm guessing though, that Austria might be the last to fold, but trying to delay booking a PCR just in case

Our hotel booked for Hinterglemm suggested this may happen but haven't been able to find any other evidence and I think it is perhaps just what Tirol & Salzburgerland etc are campaigning for against a hardening line in Vienna. Who knows?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The requirement for negative PCR test to enter Austria only applies to people who have not had booster vaccinations. From next week the vaccination mandate starts in Austria, so it is possible that the entry test will be removed and entry will be denied to unvaccinated adults. But for children it is likely that the tests will remain.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I hope not!. I am waiting on the NHS app so my grandson can enter as recovered
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi All

I’m still finding some of the info regarding teenagers confusing, as see a lot of contradiction within the page:-

https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations#when-you-need-a-pcr-test

“When travelling to Austria, proof of double-vaccination/recovery is required as well as a negative Covid test or a booster jab.”

“When you need a PCR test:
2x vaccinated (or 1x with Johnson & Johnson), then recovered: no PCR test needed.”

“Entry without PCR test or booster jab:
You need to show proof of full vaccination/recovery.
Pre-travel-clearance registration is necessary.
You immediately have to self-isolate until you can show a negative PCR test (the test can be taken straight at the airport or at any other test site)”

Traveling out of 5th Feb with my 13yo son who is double jabbed and recently recovered. This should give him the 3 x QR codes in the NHS app from 3rd.

Am I right in thinking that he doesn’t need a PCR to enter, but without it, will need to isolate?

Letter from GP is unlikely, and was a brick wall when I tried to discuss with them…
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@chrisbooth0070, no, recovered and double jabbed - at any age - does not require a PCR to enter, nor does it require self isolation. The austria.info site was updated on the 24th to explicitly state that as an example.

The general principle is that recovery is equivalent to a booster.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ratechaser wrote:
@chrisbooth0070, no, recovered and double jabbed - at any age - does not require a PCR to enter, nor does it require self isolation. The austria.info site was updated on the 24th to explicitly state that as an example.

The general principle is that recovery is equivalent to a booster.

Thanks. Yeah was sure I had read that also, but re-reading it, was not so clear.

Here’s hoping that the teenagers can actually see in the app when they are supposed to be able to. The requested cert does not show recovery on it.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A colleague has just flagged to me that the required interval between the second dose and third/booster has been reduced to 90 days from 120 days (further up this long thead some have been concerned that they have got the booster before 120 days). Also the validity of a two dose vaccination has been reduced to 180 days, with the validity of three vacciantions remaining at 270 days.
ski holidays
@ptex, regarding entry to Austria, there are no checks on the time between 2nd and 3rd vaccination. The only check that is made is that the 3rd jab has been administered.
snow report
@Cacciatore, didn't you make some sort of bet on when that question was next going to be asked? Very Happy
snow report
ratechaser wrote:
@Cacciatore, didn't you make some sort of bet on when that question was next going to be asked? Very Happy

Laughing

Indeed! I’m glad I didn’t bet the house on it Laughing
ski holidays
@Wendyjh & I are triple jabbed. We fly into Salzburg from Heathrow tomorrow en route to Kitzbuhel & don’t anticipate any problems. If we’re wrong, I’ll post. Otherwise we’ll be busy enjoying ourselves!
snow report
Cacciatore wrote:
@ptex, regarding entry to Austria, there are no checks on the time between 2nd and 3rd vaccination. The only check that is made is that the 3rd jab has been administered.

I was referring to the change in the booster interval timing, as has been referred to earlier in the thread and to the validity period.
snow conditions
ptex wrote:
Cacciatore wrote:

I was referring to the change in the booster interval timing, as has been referred to earlier in the thread and to the validity period.

Yes, but it’s only relevant to Austrians and residents, not to tourists/travellers coming to Austria.
snow report
Gordyjh wrote:
@Wendyjh & I are triple jabbed. We fly into Salzburg from Heathrow tomorrow en route to Kitzbuhel & don’t anticipate any problems. If we’re wrong, I’ll post. Otherwise we’ll be busy enjoying ourselves!

Good luck and have a great time Very Happy
snow report
Cacciatore wrote:
Gordyjh wrote:

Good luck and have a great time Very Happy

May be too much snow? Up to 1m being forecast over 3 days early next week. Austria seems to be where it’s at this year
ski holidays
Absolute shocker
Still at Heathrow as BA will not let us on without a Covid test even though it’s not required
Had to do a lamp test at the airport and now waiting for result and see if we can get in later flight
Never fly BA
snow report
Oh no!!!
snow report
Jeeez! Where are you flying to? Hope you get it sorted!
snow conditions
Gordyjh wrote:

Just been through salzburg Airport absolutely simple, passport control fully open, then army checking covid status .I used the Austrian grüner pass app, but the NHS one is fine too. No bother at all.

FFP2 masks rigidly required, tui handed them out on the plane before landing.
ski holidays
Cacciatore wrote:
ptex wrote:
Cacciatore wrote:

Yes, but it’s only relevant to Austrians and residents, not to tourists/travellers coming to Austria.

The Updated FCDO guidance doesn’t seem to reflect that this applies only to residents:
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/austria/entry-requirements

Airlines tend to follow what’s on FCDO. Confusing Puzzled
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mountaindoc wrote:
Cacciatore wrote:
ptex wrote:
Cacciatore wrote:

The Updated FCDO guidance doesn’t seem to reflect that this applies only to residents:
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/austria/entry-requirements

Airlines tend to follow what’s on FCDO. Confusing Puzzled

Tui did seem to be checking this at check in at Glasgow but nothing was said.
latest report
Can't be correct, surely, they could demand an ffp2 mask as that's a requirement from austria when in their territory, has anyone else had this problem ?
snow conditions
They have now seen the error of their ways and we are now through but obviously missed our original flight. Still paid the £340 for the tests which I’m going to claim back

At least we’re going!
snow report
FFP2 was required on the Jet2 flights last week Edinburgh
Personally prefer them to the usual surgical ones anyway

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 29-01-22 10:47; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
You should ask for compensation, it’s outrageous! Are you flying into Austria or Germany?
snow conditions
Anyone flown out with any other airlines since the changes (no test required if triple vaxxed)? Flying with easyJet to Innsbruck on 20th feb and was hoping we were in the clear for having to do any testing!
ski holidays
@robandliza, this sounds like an open and shut case of IDB by the airline, and you will be entitled to statutory EC261 compensation. BA have had a good few 'hiccups' like this where they have relied on outdated information from VeriFLY, or basically just have incompetent check in agents.

My advice is - enjoy your trip, and once you're back, take a look at the BA forum on the Flyertalk website - there is a huge thread on flight compensation and lots of experts that will help you with your claim.
ski holidays
Some relaxations coming, from this morning's press conf:
Quote:
From February 5th, the curfew in the catering trade will be extended from the current 10 p.m. to midnight . There is also a little relaxation in the "events area". Instead of 25 people, 50 can now come together again without assigned seats.
A week later, on February 12, the 2G rule will also fall in retail . Also tests are not necessary to go shopping. The FFP2 mask requirement remains.
From February 19th, the 3G rule will apply in gastronomy and tourism instead of the 2G rule . This means that you will need a PCR test that is not older than 48 hours to visit a bar or hotel. If no PCR test is available, you can also submit an antigen test that is valid for a maximum of 24 hours.
latest report
@Scarlet, PCR result to go into bar or hotel less than 48 hours….so you’d need a do a PCR test every day for a week long stay? Really?
snow conditions
I'm flying TUI from Gatwick next Sat (5th) and hoping any check-in wrinkles with the new rules are ironed out (i.e. triple vaxxed = no test required).

What's this about the 90 days between 2nd and 3rd jab (noting its already been said this refers to Austrians rather than visitors and isn't being checked on entry anyway)? But just in case this comes up, is this a minimum number of days between the two doses (i.e. as long as you had the 3rd *at least* 90 days after the 2nd) you'd be fine as many Brits will have had their 3rd does well beyond the 90 days.
ski holidays
Yes, the minimum gap.

If you’re jabbed, you don’t need a test to go to a restaurant. 3G means you need proof of being vaccinated, recovered or tested. It replaces the current 2G requirement which only allowed vaccinated or recovered people into restaurants. So it’s a relaxing of the rules.
snow conditions
@Tiefschneetaucher, ok cheers
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy