Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Beware of Zirbenschnaps and Vogelbeere. The Austrians make Schnaps out of everything. Laughing

If you can get your hands on a nice German Weißbier, have that.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Entry rules from January 24, 2022

With a further amendment to the entry ordinance, all previous virus variant areas will no longer be included in Annex 1 from Monday, January 24th, 2022. The entry ordinance will be extended until February 28th, 2022.

The following rules apply to entry into Austria from January 24th, 2022, regardless of the country from which entry is made:

2-G+ (vaccinated or recovered and in both cases PCR-tested) - obligation to provide proof when entering from all countries.
Exceptions:
People who can prove a booster do not have to submit a PCR test!
For commuters, there is still a 3-G proof obligation
Any further vaccination dose that goes beyond the " first series of vaccinations " (recovery + 1 vaccination, 2/2 vaccinations or 1/1 in the case of Janssen vaccination) is considered a " booster ". A recovery (valid proof of recovery 180 days) that took place in addition to the first series of vaccinations may also be counted as a “booster”.

Persons without a PCR test or booster vaccination are subject to the obligation to register and must remain in home quarantine until they receive a negative PCR test result.
Unvaccinated or recovered persons (i.e. without valid 2-G proof) may enter the country, but there is an obligation to register and quarantine for 10 days, free testing only from the 5th day.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Amazing news today! Thank you all for sharing.
I assume if all travellers in our party are 3 x vaccinated, we do not in addition need to show any proof of recovery from the recent covid infection we had? So the fact we had covid 4 weeks prior to travelling will be irrelevant to entry since we are triple jabbed? (hoping so!)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
lizp wrote:
Amazing news today! Thank you all for sharing.
I assume if all travellers in our party are 3 x vaccinated, we do not in addition need to show any proof of recovery from the recent covid infection we had? So the fact we had covid 4 weeks prior to travelling will be irrelevant to entry since we are triple jabbed? (hoping so!)

Correct
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just returned from a cracking few days in Soelden. All pretty straight forward if fully vaccinated (with booster) which our group were. The NHS covid pass is used as the green pass and links to your lift pass which seemed to work well. We'd booked Saalbach for half term with the kids (ranging from 8-14) but despite having a great experience myself i'm not sure the Holiday Ninja Pass for the kids is very workable or what i want from a holiday. I talked to our Soelden hotel about it and they said they had so many cancellations as people don't want to take the risk of the kids testing positive and knackering the holiday. I think unless they find a better solution than the Ninja pass then we won't be going. Really hoping they sort it as no chance my kids will be fully vaccinated for February.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@melandnick, @Nikolauus, @lizp, and anyone else looking for answers to the various questions they are contained in the UK Austrian tourist office site which has been posted a number of times, here again https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations with a link there too to ninja pass info. All in good understandable English.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think Ninja pass isn't needed if they have caught covid before
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
But unfortunately that again brings us back to the question of how you prove it at that age, given no NHS app pass under 16... some people seem to have been able to get doctors in either country to provide letters, but it sounds hit, miss, and above all, expensive...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think a child can go on parents app? think....
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ratechaser wrote:
But unfortunately that again brings us back to the question of how you prove it at that age, given no NHS app pass under 16... some people seem to have been able to get doctors in either country to provide letters, but it sounds hit, miss, and above all, expensive...

My GP refused, so have found a company who are able to provide a recovery cert for £75. A PCR is £35 (Randox drop box method) so £75 for a cert or £35 for a test I guess.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
james75 wrote:
ratechaser wrote:

My GP refused, so have found a company who are able to provide a recovery cert for £75. A PCR is £35 (Randox drop box method) so £75 for a cert or £35 for a test I guess.

Well it's not entirely a financial consideration as the whole Ninja Pass thing, whilst apparently free to test when you're out there, is frankly a bit of a faff and obviously carries risk of a positive result during the week. I think in those circumstances, paying £75 to avoid needing to do it is money well spent.

But it's the lack of obvious routes to get this certification at any cost that's the issue for many right now...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes and that's exactly where we are and do we want the risk of it not being right for a holiday that is meant to be a holiday and comes at a very significant financial outlay.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
To confirm, do we still need to do day 2 tests on arrival back in the UK from Austria?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So just to make sre my interpretation is the same as yours. 12 year old. A certificate from a GP stating he recovered plus a PCR on entry avoids ninja pass. LFT on return to UK but a reasonable chance that will be dropped in a week or two. Is that as you understand?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hogofwar wrote:
To confirm, do we still need to do day 2 tests on arrival back in the UK from Austria?

Yes, currently it applies to arrivals from anywhere. Can be either lateral flow or PCR, but apparently can't be the free NHS ones. I think government are looking at dropping this requirement end of March but it still applies now.

UPDATE: Actually they may drop this requirement by end of January - see this:
https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/travel/travel-tests-scrapped-when-will-day-2-covid-testing-restrictions-end-vaccinated-travellers-1405096

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Thu 20-01-22 16:09; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
ratechaser wrote:
james75 wrote:
ratechaser wrote:

Well it's not entirely a financial consideration as the whole Ninja Pass thing, whilst apparently free to test when you're out there, is frankly a bit of a faff and obviously carries risk of a positive result during the week. I think in those circumstances, paying £75 to avoid needing to do it is money well spent.

But it's the lack of obvious routes to get this certification at any cost that's the issue for many right now...

My son tested positive in resort over New Year and I would be very wary bringing teenagers who need to test in resort for Ninja Pass
ski holidays
Posted elsewhere - C19 have stopped selling 2=day return tests in anticipation of the UK Government dropping the requirement from 30th of Jan

Roscoe wrote :: I am travelling a week Friday, just tried to order a 2 day return test set from C19 - and their website has a statement that they are not currently taking orders for return tests for arrival after the 30th Jan in anticipation of rule change.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 20-01-22 18:27; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
What did they have to do. Did you all have to isolate and where did you stay?
latest report
SheffMark wrote:
What did they have to do. Did you all have to isolate and where did you stay?

He is 20 and tested positive on Antigen test for fit to fly cert, he had to stay behind and isolate in b&b as all the state run isolation centres were full, a very nice man in Tourist Office took him under his wing and arranged food to be dropped to him and dealt with the Authorities for us, I did say I wouldn’t go on holiday where I had to test while away.
snow conditions
Many thanks. I think that's the conclusion we've come to.
latest report
pctaylor wrote:
hogofwar wrote:

Yes, currently it applies to arrivals from anywhere. Can be either lateral flow or PCR, but apparently can't be the free NHS ones. I think government are looking at dropping this requirement end of March but it still applies now.

UPDATE: Actually they may drop this requirement by end of January - see this:
https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/travel/travel-tests-scrapped-when-will-day-2-covid-testing-restrictions-end-vaccinated-travellers-1405096

I’m going to hold off booking any day 2 tests until a couple of days before flying home (unless rules change sooner). You only need the booking reference for the UK PLF form - gives a couple of days for the tests to arrive home ready for arrival, and if they aren’t there, then even the government’s own website said at one stage tests need to be booked and paid for, even if they can’t be taken (it genuinely was the wording for passengers flying on within 2 days).

Off to book all my ski hire now that I’m more confident about going (now just to avoid any other breakages or injuries, touch wood!)
snow report
The Ninja pass is a risk, but I’m thinking as long as I get the weeks skiing in, son is off school the following week and I can stay off easily enough, other half is self employed so if we have to stay so be it.
snow conditions
james75 wrote:
ratechaser wrote:

This is exactly my logic. Much safer with a cert compared to a PCR pre-departure. My GP also doesn't do them. Would you mind sharing which company you're using?
Thanks
ski holidays
Great news!
Just out of interest, how strict is mask wearing in Austria, I know it’s a thing and has to be FFP2 inside but say sat outside a cafe or restaurant is it masks on there if you’re on a table next to and close to others? We are thinking of seefeld, masks on walking around the village ? Just interested
ski holidays
@sussexmartlet, where you are supposed to wear masks it is usually strictly enforced. At the moment the rule is that if 2m distance can't be maintained outside then masks must be worn. If you are sat at a table inside or out no mask is required. No masks required just walking around the village unless it has been declared a problem area, if that is the case expect to see signage telling you masks are compulsory.
snow conditions
Chris_n wrote:
@sussexmartlet, where you are supposed to wear masks it is usually strictly enforced. At the moment the rule is that if 2m distance can't be maintained outside then masks must be worn. If you are sat at a table inside or out no mask is required. No masks required just walking around the village unless it has been declared a problem area, if that is the case expect to see signage telling you masks are compulsory.

Thank you for your help Smile
snow report
Having just got back from Soelden last it was FFP2 masks and they were needed when moving around in bars and restaurants but not when sat at tables. Not strictly enforced but requested nonetheless and same in shops. On the lifts they were required in lift queues and actually on the lifts. We tended to where ours on the chairlift if with other people who weren't with us but then not if it was all our group. On occasion if you got to a lift with no mask they would stop the lift until you put it on. If you were wearing a buff they often asked you to lower it to see that you had your mask on underneath particularly at the base stations.
snow report
Dippy wrote:
Oh well - I'm off this Saturday.
Was so worried PCR would get lost or be inconclusive - I've done x2 - yes x2!
One by Randox drop box and one in clinic - yes so OTT I know - but no 3 hour PCR near me - hopefully x1 back by 1pm and the other 10pm tomorrow.
My theory - I cant be that unlucky and have 2 go missing

dont want to cause you any worry but and i hope im wrong is that saturday still falls under the 48 hr pcr but if youve already as your post reads done your tests then are you sure you arrive at the border prior to the 48 hr from time of test not result
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dedders wrote:
I think Ninja pass isn't needed if they have caught covid before

Anybody know the rules if child age 12 has had Covid before but now outside 180 days but has also had one jab? Does this count as 2G?
snow report
TopGooner wrote:
james75 wrote:
ratechaser wrote:

This is exactly my logic. Much safer with a cert compared to a PCR pre-departure. My GP also doesn't do them. Would you mind sharing which company you're using?
Thanks

www.just-health.co.uk
snow report
Sorry to ask more questions, Am I reading Austrian entry rules correctly. I have one child who has had covid and then 2 jabs and another who has had 1 jab, then covid, then second jab. To me it looks like the child who has had jab, covid then jab needs a pcr test, but the other one doesn’t. Both children are 16 so they are classed as adults. Thanks for help
snow report
https://www.bmeia.gv.at/en/austrian-embassy-london/travelling-to-austria/coronavirus-covid-19-and-travel-abroad/

Embassy have updated their guidance, makes it a bit clearer!
So 2 vaccines and a booster = no quarantine?
ski holidays
Nikolauus wrote:
https://www.bmeia.gv.at/en/austrian-embassy-london/travelling-to-austria/coronavirus-covid-19-and-travel-abroad/

That's what everybody is understanding from the updates, yes. It's great news for us all!
snow report
Is the clearest explanation for Austrian regs:

Me: Double Vaccinated & booster
Her: Double Vaccinated - does she need a negative PCR test and that’s it ?

Appreciate any guidance.
latest report
For adults (16+) 2 shots plus either 3rd shot OR PCR (72 hours). Other issues with recovered, kids etc the info is in the various links that have been posted.
snow conditions
munich_irish wrote:
For adults (16+) 2 shots plus either 3rd shot OR Recovery OR PCR (72 hours). Other issues with recovered, kids etc the info is in the various links that have been posted.

One amendment - I think it's been made fairly clear that recovery = booster as far as the regs go
snow report
Nikolauus wrote:

I see they are still persisting with the language saying that the booster is only valid if given at least 120 days after the second dose. If as widely reported, this isn't true when traveling from the U.K., then it's really not helpful and will continue to confuse people...
ski holidays
I think (hope) that the guidance also says recovery plus PCR counts, with no vaccinations. As in two shots equals recovery.
ski holidays
I think (hope) that the guidance also says recovery plus PCR counts, with no vaccinations. As in two shots equals recovery.
ski holidays
Question for anyone who has used the Holiday Ninja Pass. On the link from the Austrian Embassy they give a scenario of the tests required in resort. So they say PCR for travel on the Saturday taken Friday and valid till Monday, but they then say LFT taken on Sunday morning valid till Tuesday morning. Why would you take the LFT on the Sunday if your PCR is valid till the Monday?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy