Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
A whole lot of stress just melted off me. Things could still change before my holiday but it seems unlikely now.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes - off next Thursday and PCR is such a crap shoot. Big relief. CANNOT WAIT TO GET ON THE SNOW.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Amazing news! We were flying out on 4th Feb and the anxiety surrounding PCR test results, despite being triple jabbed, was putting such a dampener on the holiday.

Randox can have their texts back Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Eh oh!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bu§§er flying out on Sunday rolling eyes but at least it’s snowing Very Happy

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 20-01-22 11:12; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@facedown, u ok hun? Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You really have to be a special kind of stupid to draw parallels between the Holocaust and the global pandemic response.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I opened my front door earlier and stood on the front doorstep. Didn't die. Therefore Covid doesn't exist. Confused

@facedown, why bother sharing that nonsense.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Scamper wrote:
https://press.austria.info/austria-removes-uk-from-virus-variant-list/

This is great news as we’re due to go to Lech on 29th Very Happy , but why are they still referencing the 120 days between second jab and booster on the official sites??? I know there’s been lots of discussion of this on this thread that it’s not an issue but it’s still making my son a bit nervous (he’s only 91 days)!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Cacciatore, +1 - plenty of threads elsewhere on the subject
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SkiFizz wrote:
Scamper wrote:

This is great news as we’re due to go to Lech on 29th Very Happy , but why are they still referencing the 120 days between second jab and booster on the official sites??? I know there’s been lots of discussion of this on this thread that it’s not an issue but it’s still making my son a bit nervous (he’s only 91 days)!

Maybe because the 120 days is going to remain?

"From 24 January, the UK is no longer classified as a virus variant region in Austria. Double-jabbed or recovered travellers can enter the country with a PCR test (valid 72 hours) OR proof of a booster jab (received at least 120 days after the second shot). Proof of recovery (within the past 180 days) also counts as a booster. "

snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The only debate I want to see on this thread now is what beer is best to drink in Austria because my holiday is on like donkey kong
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Every goddam beer we can get our hands on lol!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SkiFizz wrote:
Scamper wrote:

Welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I do assure you that Austrian border control/authorities are not at all interested in the time between the second vaccination and the third (booster). They just look at the confirmation that the third jab has been received. Nothing else (in regard to vaccination).
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Pastorius wrote:
The only debate I want to see on this thread now is what beer is best to drink in Austria because my holiday is on like donkey kong

Zipfer (or the blue, as we fondly call it in our village Laughing ), naturally wink
snow report
Oh, and by the way it’s snowing….40cm expected between now and next Monday in our area…possibly more elsewhere snowHead Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
@Cacciatore, be nice if there could be a metre or two in early Feb, and then blue sky throughout the half term week. And yes, I have been that lucky before snowHead
latest report
Woohoo! Absolutely delighted at this change...The PCR element of my trip was really on my mind (first world probs I know)!
latest report
gonna spend the money that I had allocated for the three of us to have tests on a new transciever.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 20-01-22 11:43; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
Cacciatore wrote:
Pastorius wrote:

Zipfer (or the blue, as we fondly call it in our village Laughing ), naturally wink

Can I get it in Mayrhofen? I'll make a point of getting one or two (or ten) if I can!
snow conditions
Oh well - I'm off this Saturday.
Was so worried PCR would get lost or be inconclusive - I've done x2 - yes x2!
One by Randox drop box and one in clinic - yes so OTT I know - but no 3 hour PCR near me - hopefully x1 back by 1pm and the other 10pm tomorrow.
My theory - I cant be that unlucky and have 2 go missing
ski holidays
ratechaser wrote:
@Cacciatore, be nice if there could be a metre or two in early Feb, and then blue sky throughout the half term week. And yes, I have been that lucky before snowHead

No thanks wink I’d rather be out skiing on the snow, rather than clearing it… Laughing

Seriously though, after this storm, it looks (at the moment) that another one is on its way. Just a little too soon to be sure.
latest report
Pastorius wrote:

As an alternative to beer -- try some Stroh... ! Mr. Green
latest report
albob wrote:
Pastorius wrote:

Ideally the 80...
snow report
Cacciatore wrote:
SkiFizz wrote:
Scamper wrote:

Welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I do assure you that Austrian border control/authorities are not at all interested in the time between the second vaccination and the third (booster). They just look at the confirmation that the third jab has been received. Nothing else (in regard to vaccination).

Thank you - lovely to be here Very Happy

Thanks, that’s reassuring. It’s just annoying to keep seeing it in black and white (and bold!)!
snow report
albob wrote:
Pastorius wrote:

+1

its a 'right of passage', protects against covid Laughing
snow conditions
Pastorius wrote:
Cacciatore wrote:
Pastorius wrote:

Can I get it in Mayrhofen? I'll make a point of getting one or two (or ten) if I can!

I’d be very surprised if not…it’s a national pastime….errrr, I mean brand…

A lot of bars sell it and it’s common in the supermarkets. Mind you, (and in my opinion), most Austrian beers are quite drinkable Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Deal! One bottle of Stroh on order in my mind

EDIT: Just googled it - 80% ABV Very Happy That'll keep the chills out!

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 20-01-22 11:50; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bob wrote:
albob wrote:
Pastorius wrote:

+1

its a 'right of passage', protects against covid Laughing

Or Zirben schnapps or Blasius’ Krauter Bitter….it’s a pretty much endless list. Even the Apoteke sells some version of the stuff or another Laughing
snow report
Pastorius wrote:
Deal! One bottle of Stroh on order in my mind

EDIT: Just googled it - 80% ABV Very Happy That'll keep the chills out!

I always wanted the Stroh beanie hat that used to come free with it. Trouble was I couldn't face having to drink the stuff! Very Happy
ski holidays
It doesn't matter how much mixer you add, it'll always taste like petrol Very Happy
snow report
What a relief, flying back out again from Bristol on the 30th.
snow conditions
Ninja Pass? To any resident lawyers... I was hesitant about this because there were three chances to get quarantined. Am I right in assuming my 12 year old doesn't need it now. He got Covid in November and has recovered, so if he PCRs for entry I think(??) thats all he needs, so no Ninja?
snow conditions
Help please. How do you show proof of recovery. Is it shown on Nhs app.
snow conditions
yes it is
snow conditions
@dedders, @woodworm, everything should now be covered here https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations ignore stuff related to virus variant areas as only applies until 23.01.22
latest report
dedders wrote:
Ninja Pass? To any resident lawyers... I was hesitant about this because there were three chances to get quarantined. Am I right in assuming my 12 year old doesn't need it now. He got Covid in November and has recovered, so if he PCRs for entry I think(??) thats all he needs, so no Ninja?

Quote:
Rules for children and teenagers
Children under 12 years are currently exempt from the „2-G” rule (exemption: In Vienna, children from the age of 6 require an entry test).
Teenagers (12 or over and born on or after 1 September 2006) who are not fully vaccinated or have not recovered from Covid, can obtain "2-G" status with the so-called "Holiday Ninja Pass". Regular testing is needed as well as documenting the results in the pass. Please check out the Holiday Ninja Pass FAQ and download the English version of the pass here. Teenagers who are double-jabbed can simply use their vaccination proof.
For teenagers born before 1 September 2006, the “2-G” rule applies.
latest report
Thanks. I get that those are the Ninja rules, but think(??) that we won't need to fall back on them with1.Recovery 2. PCR on entry

...From 24 January, the UK is no longer classified as a virus variant region in Austria. Double-jabbed or recovered travellers can enter the country with a PCR test (valid 72 hours) OR proof of a booster jab (received at least 120 days after the second shot). Proof of recovery (within the past 180 days) also counts as a booster.
latest report
Quote:
Rules for children and teenagers
Children under 12 years are currently exempt from the „2-G” rule (exemption: In Vienna, children from the age of 6 require an entry test).
Teenagers (12 or over and born on or after 1 September 2006) who are not fully vaccinated or have not recovered from Covid, can obtain "2-G" status with the so-called "Holiday Ninja Pass". Regular testing is needed as well as documenting the results in the pass. Please check out the Holiday Ninja Pass FAQ and download the English version of the pass here. Teenagers who are double-jabbed can simply use their vaccination proof.
For teenagers born before 1 September 2006, the “2-G” rule applies.

But what counts as Fully Vaccinated for 12-15 in Austria ? two or three shots ?
latest report
Does this rule change mean people entering Austria from the UK without a PCR test don’t have to quarantine providing they have a booster vaccine? (Instead of needing a negative PCR on top as they do currently).

Or is it ‘you can enter without a PCR but still have to quarantine'?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy