Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
That’s not how I read it…

“ From Monday free entry for boosted people from all over the world
Austria is relaxing entry regulations on Monday. As can be seen from the 12th amendment to the Covid-19 entry regulation published in the Federal Law Gazette on Wednesday evening, 14 Omicron pioneering countries will be removed from the list of virus variant areas. These are ten southern African states plus Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway and Great Britain. This means that third-party vaccinees will be able to enter Austria from all over the world without any conditions.

The reason for the easing is that Omicron is now the predominant virus variant in Austria. From Monday, the “2G+” entry regime will also apply to the previous virus variant countries. This means that Austria only lets vaccinated or recovered people into the country who can also present a negative PCR test. Anyone who has already had their third vaccination does not need to be tested. So far, only people with a third-party vaccination and a PCR test that is no more than 48 hours old have been allowed to enter Austria from virus variant areas.

The amendment also provides that the entry regulation, which was originally limited to 31 January, will be extended by a further month. The other provisions remain unchanged.”
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cacciatore wrote:
blondends wrote:
Does this suggest no requirement to PCR test from Monday?

https://www.derstandard.at/jetzt/livebericht/2000132647355/1000253480/erneut-hoechstwert-bei-sieben-tage-inzidenz-in-deutschland

I’m not sure that relates to travellers into Austria. The government are not due to review any COVID measures until 31st January (as I understand it).

Actually, on re-reading, that does appear to be what it says! I’ve not seen or heard anything else to suggest that PCR tests for entry are being abandoned….but then I was out skiing Laughing .
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fingers crossed. But so far no other corroborating report.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Apologies - we cross posted.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cacciatore wrote:
Apologies - we cross posted.
No worries Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
https://orf.at/stories/3244276/?fbclid=IwAR2RYgvLd6VbB0FQGVDJrNeHjGxuMpr3Gh5k5vJOwlA0nTRTat6cxZ2NwGY
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Isn't it stating that UK is removed from the variant list, and that if you are 3x jabbed there is no test requirement, with a test remaining for 2x jabbed???
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Excellent. For double jabbed people this should mean they need a PCR test no older than 72 hours, rather than 48 hours.

Now I’m sure this has been covered before but does the booster count from the day it’s administered (or rather from the moment it appears in your app)?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@NickYoung, correct.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Dd4, thanks for the additional news link.

Good news for a lot of people, I guess.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Amazing news! We’re flying on the 29th and have been holding off booking PCR’s until last minute hoping for this news.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Tiefschneetaucher, Is this change from Monday 24th??
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
blondends wrote:
Amazing news! We’re flying on the 29th and have been holding off booking PCR’s until last minute hoping for this news.

Awesome - have a great trip (and thanks again for publishing the news link).
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes, it says Monday.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
awesome news!! Very Happy

I can spend the PCR testing cash on more apres beers woohoo
latest report
Oh I can’t read German, but really hoping this is correct, means my friends older teens can go. Plus we’ll save two PCRs and if the 14 year old is positive…well there is always a bed at his pals Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Good news. I fly out on the 29th and had booked my test but reading the Randox terms I can get a refund within 14 days of order (ordered on 15th). Even better! Thanks for posting
snow conditions
Does anyone know what this means for double jabbed 16yr olds?
snow conditions
I would’ve thought it means test at 72 hours? Just from what I’ve read above?
snow conditions
Anyone got the announcement in English?
snow report
This means that the countries that were "variant areas" will now be treated the same way every other country has been so

Quote:
Everyone entering Austria from a non-virus variant area needs to show

Proof of full vaccination (2 jabs) OR proof of past infection (the medical document needs to show the date of recovery – (for guests from the UK: an NHS email/text of a positive test is not sufficient)

AND a negative PCR test (valid for 72 hours) OR proof of a booster jab (booster is valid from the first day)

This and more at https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations though be aware that not all the "official" information has been correct, no issue for the fully vaccinated maybe still some issues for teenagers.
ski holidays
Yes, the crux is now getting an official announcement that GB is classed as a non-variant area.
latest report
Thank you! Can’t believe my friends changed their holiday today Sad I’m gutted

If anyone knows if 14 year old double jabbed will still need ninja pass, I’m guessing yes as that’s what Austrian kids need?
snow report
@Gilly28, how long ago did the 14 yr old have their second jab?

I ask because double jabbed isn’t a problem unless it was more than 180 days ago. If it is, then yes, Ninja Pass still required.
ski holidays
pctaylor wrote:
awesome news!! Very Happy

I can spend the PCR testing cash on more apres beers woohoo

If proper apres is allowed... rolling eyes
snow report
@Cacciatore, Still to get second, hopefully Friday. We travel 5th Feb. That is the last hurdle we have to cross (I think). Previously the UK were giving the 2nd 8-12 weeks after first, he is just 8 weeks yesterday. We booked holiday (DIY) on that understanding. Now they have changed it to 12 weeks. Will go to a walk in and explain situation and have everything crossed. Son being needle phobic doesn’t help either.
latest report
Cacciatore wrote:
@Gilly28, how long ago did the 14 yr old have their second jab?

I ask because double jabbed isn’t a problem unless it was more than 180 days ago. If it is, then yes, Ninja Pass still required.

Ah I had got impression that no matter how many days Ninja Pass was still needed?

Edit to add:

This link seems to back my interpretation. Kids need double vaxed and booster to not need Ninjapass

https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations
snow conditions
blondends wrote:
Does this suggest no requirement to PCR test from Monday?

https://www.derstandard.at/jetzt/livebericht/2000132647355/1000253480/erneut-hoechstwert-bei-sieben-tage-inzidenz-in-deutschland

Fingers crossed!

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
News of this change is being more widely reported now. Just need to see the official travel rules updated on Austrian gov sites now and I’ll break my Dry January to celebrate
snow report
Oh I really hope this is official, I can go ahead and book all the hire and passes without the fear of a last minute PCR fail! (I don’t think I’ve had covid but with plenty of symptomless cases there’s always a doubt)
snow report
I’m pretty sure one of the two news articles linked to an official press release announcing this change. So yes it is true.

And no, double jabbed kids of any age don’t need a Ninja pass now. The purpose of the pass is to allow in teens who haven’t been double jabbed yet.
ski holidays
They do need a negative PCR test to enter though.

I also saw on the official government website that recovery after being double jabbed counts as a booster too. As always that’s only for a certain period of time.
ski holidays
Ministry of health website: https://www.sozialministerium.at/Informationen-zum-Coronavirus/Coronavirus---Haeufig-gestellte-Fragen/FAQ-Einreise-nach-Oesterreich.html
snow report
Hallelujah! This has made my morning so much brighter. My trip looks like it's on!
snow report
latest report
@Tiefschneetaucher, thankyou so much! This requirement was stopping my sister booking to Austria for Easter.
ski holidays
Woo Hoo, here we come!
latest report
WOO HOO Laughing
snow conditions
https://press.austria.info/austria-removes-uk-from-virus-variant-list/
latest report
Please can this be true. We've booked for Lech on 26th Feb and the only challenge is the 48hr PCR Test! if this goes, them as @PowderQueen says

WOO HOO!!!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy