Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Shunt wrote:
We both just got -ve results back from the Collinson Rapid PCR test at Manchester Airport. Happy days, Obergurgl is on again for tomorrow!

Woop!! Have fun Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi everyone,

Prepping for our trip is beginning and we would like to laminate the bit of our vaccine passports that we will need on the slopes and huts etc to protect it.

Is it just the QR code for the third vaccine that we need for scanning purposes rather than all the bits about vaccine batch etc? Will have all the usual additional printed back ups and on mobiles too.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@TomBH, don’t know for sure, but I suspect that if you have a paper copy, you will also need ID to prove the paper is yours. Here, at St Anton, most people seem to be using the GrünerPass app. It is accepted without question (so far, for us).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good evening, also doing my prep for a trip to Zell am See coming up. I’ve 2 12-15 y/o’s who at the minute will need the ninja pass and will need to do 3 tests through the week, in addition to the pre-travel PCR. I saw this link on another thread, am I correct in thinking the gargle PCR tests are the ones that are required and are free if I register ahead and use the Spar collect/drop off point. As a tight Scotsman this seems too good to be true Eh oh! ! Is there any draw back to simply doing 3 PCR test through the week as opposed to 2 PCR and 1 LF?

https://www.saalbach.com/en/service/safe-together
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The PCR test you get for travel counts as one of the 3 and yes the free gargle tests can be used for Ninja passes.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@peter2512, thanks for the reply, guess I better get signed up!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you get a positive PCR test for the fit to fly test, do any TO's or similar give a refund for that? Or is that something I would need to put to travel insurance.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@hogofwar, we 'lost some of our party due to a last minute PCR and they were directed to travel insurance.

Mind you it wasn't a package as we'd booked our own flights so that may skew the responsibility of refund and also how the trip was paid for.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@hogofwar, my understanding of Crystals ‘promise’ is that if one of your party tests positive up until the day of travel then you can move your holiday to a later date but not get a refund.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi All,

Anybody have experience of transit through Germany with Children coming from UK please? One child is 12 and has had one jab the other 10 no jabs? I think the children need a negative test to enter?

Is a stopover allowed as we will be flying in late in the evening and want to drive into Austria the next day? Any thoughts on the rules for transit would be appreciated? I can see on...

https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/coronavirus/2317268

It says that for stays in Germany of up to 24 hours Quarantine is not required. However on...

https://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/faqs/EN/topics/civil-protection/coronavirus/coronavirus-faqs.html#doc13797140bodyText3

it states "only as long as absolutely necessary" which suggests you should not stop off.

Thank you!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Long time lurker on this thread - just coming out from the background to thank all those with the helpful updates since the start of this stop start season. It always felt like a slim chance we’d get away with all of the changes but it looks like the miracle will happen and we’ll be off to Stubai for a week - flying tomorrow.

Just in case it helps anyone else we also opted for the Collinson Rapid test at East Mids Airport - swabbed at 10:00 and results through at 12:34.

Had to load all of the PDFs to BA before check-in but don’t seem able to get boarding passes - perhaps they blocked all so that they can only issue after manually verifying all documents - not sure if anyone else had this experience?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Crossed from Germany to Austria at Niederndorf at 16.30 this afternoon and no sign of anyone to inspect our negative PCR tests.
What a waste of time, abiding by the rules….. and as it was last minute decision to drive yesterday, (flights from Heathrow, hotel there, taxis at this end etc etc) we also did C19 tests so we were allowed on Eurotunnel. All very nice and white and picturesque here - well it was till it just got dark.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sat 15-01-22 20:37; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Arrived via Salzburg today, with no issues - Randox test on Thursday afternoon, result at 9:30am on Friday, flight arrived 1345 Saturday.

Passport check was relatively quick, and then Covid document checks before access to baggage collection with army staff doing the checks quickly and efficiently.

Flight was about half full, FFP2 masks being given out free by EasyJet at boarding, and generally good compliance on the flight though not in the airport where the usual muppetry was very much in evidence.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Pamski, Tossed? Good for you, I'm sure Mr Pamski was delighted. Very Happy @ousekjarr, I have been telling you that Salzburg Airport and the military are very sensible, glad you had no issues. Enjoy the holiday.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ousekjarr wrote:
Arrived via Salzburg today, with no issues - Randox test on Thursday afternoon, result at 9:30am on Friday, flight arrived 1345 Saturday.

Passport check was relatively quick, and then Covid document checks before access to baggage collection with army staff doing the checks quickly and efficiently.

Flight was about half full, FFP2 masks being given out free by EasyJet at boarding, and generally good compliance on the flight though not in the airport where the usual muppetry was very much in evidence.

Sounds tight on the 48 hr window?

I did my test at 13:50 yesterday and my flight arrives at 12:00 tomorrow. Hoping for no delays!
ski holidays
Tight but manageable, but if we’d had any less than 3 hours overlap I’d have gone for a faster test on Friday. Lots of fog this morning at Luton, but we arrived in time
snow conditions
ousekjarr wrote:

Were you asked to complete pre travel clearance form at all. Jet2 website keeps suggesting it's needed.
snow report
@kb36, no need as we were all boosted. If you try, the form will prevent you from going further
ski holidays
kb36 wrote:
ousekjarr wrote:

Were you asked to complete pre travel clearance form at all. Jet2 website keeps suggesting it's needed.

I spoke to Jet2, earlier in the week about it. They said they'll update it, haha!

I've taken a screenshot of the message of the form saying it's not needed

Are you flying out tomorrow as well?
snow conditions
Haha, arrived in Salzburg this morning and somehow my wife managed to missplace her PCR test results and her vaccination status when she got to the check after passport control, she was a few ahead of me in the queue. Anyway by the time I got to the control gate the guard had had enough of her faffing and just waved her through.

So all you need to have to wave about is your hotel booking, your atol certificate, airport car park booking and your insurance print out. Very Happy
ski holidays
viciousvulture wrote:
kb36 wrote:
ousekjarr wrote:

I spoke to Jet2, earlier in the week about it. They said they'll update it, haha!

I've taken a screenshot of the message of the form saying it's not needed

Are you flying out tomorrow as well?

Next week for me
ski holidays
@ousekjarr, yes me too, I have tried the form and got the same result as you.
Just concerned that jet2 staff will have wrong info when I get to the gate and try to insist upon it
latest report
kb36 wrote:
@ousekjarr, yes me too, I have tried the form and got the same result as you.
Just concerned that jet2 staff will have wrong info when I get to the gate and try to insist upon it

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. But obviously everyone is in the same position, so nobody would have the form. They can't deny everyone!
snow conditions
Jet2 in Edinburgh didn’t make any mention of a requiring/checking a pre departure form for anyone on the Innsbruck flight this afternoon but we’re checking PCRs and vaccine status etc.

Very efficient at Innsbruck airport too, managed to get from plane to taxi in 30 mins so could have got the train if I chose that option after all rolling eyes
snow conditions
Cheers
latest report
@fintryts, I would be dubious about the staying overnight thing. The German rules state that anyone over 5 years old not fully vaccinated (currently 2 shots enough) must quarantine and have pre arrival tests (no idea about PCR/LFT 24/48 hrs etc). There should be no issue travelling through but you might find it difficult to check into a hotel. I would very much recommend driving to Austria and staying in a hotel there if your resort is too far. It is less than 2 hours drive to Kufstein from Munich Airport, all on the Autobahn. I would email one of the airport hotels to see if they will allow the kids to check in.
snow report
viciousvulture wrote:
ousekjarr wrote:

Sounds tight on the 48 hr window?

I did my test at 13:50 yesterday and my flight arrives at 12:00 tomorrow. Hoping for no delays!

I’ve got the same issue re it being tight on the 48 hr window. Surely some understanding if flights are delayed?
snow report
Same here, we’re flying 29th of January Saturday. Doing our PCR swab via drop off box 7pm Thursday night, getting the results on Friday latest midnight then flying on Saturday and arriving Innsbruck at 5pm, which only gives 2hr leeway for any delays…unfortunately due to work and other things, we could only afford the 7pm Thursday test. But prior to that we made sure that it should be okay incase we go over the 48hr window due to delays, we contacted Crystal ski head office, Crystal ski reps in austria right now and even Innsbruck airport who said it should Ben so fingers and toes crossed.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
schnitzel_skier wrote:
Upfront apologies for asking something that's probably buried in the last 30 pages or so (I HAVE tried to look) - but want to confirm my understanding.

Planning to be in Mayrhofen at Feb H/T - arriving via Munich. It's me and Mrs Schnitzel plus the kids (14yo and double jabbed / 11yo). Working on the understanding the 14yo needs a PCR, but do under 12s need a PCR pre-departure test based on current situation? I had assumed they do but now reading it perhaps not...! My info from here: https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations

Next question - if double jabbed, does that mean Ninja Pass not required for the 14yo? I'm daring to believe this all might actually happen (so long as no infections from school before then!). As for proving the 14yo's vaccination, is the letter from the NHS the only route? I understand the NHS app (and the lovely QR codes you can get) is not available.

Thanks in advance.

Bumping this - and with similar pre-emptive apologies(!)
snow report
Hi everyone ….

We are planning to ski in Saalbach starting from 29th of Jan and will be coming via Munich Airport

Is it true that a PCR result is needed if traveling from Munich Airport for our return flight ? ….

Another Q … Are there any checks between the borders ? … especially that Austria is on Germany’s red list ..

Any info would be appreciated ..

Thanks
ski holidays
@GiveMe5ive, these questions have been answered endlessly above.

Assuming you are travelling back to the UK I believe all that is required is a 2 day LTF after arrival in the UK (rumour is that this will be dropped soon) no pre departure tests needed. Many threads on this subject on the forum. Other countries will have their own requirements

In practice there are no checks between Austria & Germany, there is a very small chance there might be a random check but given all you would be doing is transiting to the airport it should be no issue (this assumes you are fully vaccinated).
snow report
@munich_irish,

Sorry for not following but these things change regularly ….

I will be flying back to Dubai

Thanks for your answer …

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 16-01-22 14:28; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@GiveMe5ive, No idea what the requirements for entry to Dubai are. There are a number of tests available at Munich Airport, from free LTF to very expensive quick PCR which should cover whatever you need to go home.
ski holidays
Apologies as I know this has probably been covered - but struggling to find the answer across 176 pages in this thread......

We are a family of 4 traveling in to Salzburg. First time skiing with the kids. They're 6 and 10, so fine in terms of vaccinations etc. Me and the wife have had boosters and I've found the Austrian Green Pass app. Also clear on what I need to do for pre arrival testing.

The question I have is around any Austrian passenger locator form (or equivalent). From what I can tell, we don't need to fill anything specific in (which seems odd in comparison to other countries). Have I missed something here?
snow conditions
Hey Snowheaders!

I've seen a few references to the Austrian Green Pass app, but any idea what it's called in the app store? GreenCheck looks official, but would like to know before downloading.

Thanks in anticipation! Eh oh!
snow report
@Ctina, You can only get the Austrian COVID App with an Austrian Phone number. NHS COVID pass is fine.
ski holidays
Pippo9 wrote:
Apologies as I know this has probably been covered - but struggling to find the answer across 176 pages in this thread......

We are a family of 4 traveling in to Salzburg. First time skiing with the kids. They're 6 and 10, so fine in terms of vaccinations etc. Me and the wife have had boosters and I've found the Austrian Green Pass app. Also clear on what I need to do for pre arrival testing.

The question I have is around any Austrian passenger locator form (or equivalent). From what I can tell, we don't need to fill anything specific in (which seems odd in comparison to other countries). Have I missed something here?

You do not need a passenger locator form for entry to Austria….I can also assure you that this has been asked and replied to multiple times in the last 176 pages…though I do appreciate that speed reading 176 pages which contain a lot of other noise, probably isn’t easy either wink Smile
snow report
Thanks @RedandWhiteFlachau !
latest report
@Ctina, I’m using the Austrian Red Cross Green Pass app which seems to have worked fine and was no problem to download but I expect the NHS one would be fine too.
latest report
My covid cert returns "Prüfung ungültig" (invalid check) here in Austria when scanned with the green pass check app. I had Janssen and boosted with Moderna in December. Most places are fine when I back it up with paper docs but it's a pain.

Anyone else having hassle with Janssen plus booster Covid certs?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy