Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
What are the rules about arriving in Salz. On the 12th
Travelling to Germany for a night & then travelling back into Aus on the 13th assuming restrictions are lifted?
Thought I read that Austria to Germany means quarantining. Is that for Vaccinated people as well?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Found this; I need to keep an eye on this too if I’m going in and out of Austria to and from Munich.

In addition, travellers from Austria, Czechia, Hungary, and Laos are also obliged to stay self-isolated for ten days upon their arrival.

Nonetheless, the German authorities have explained that travellers who prove that they have been fully immunised with one of the vaccines recognised in Germany can skip the quarantine requirement.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I’m fairly sure that there is no quarantine required (for fully vaccinated) unless children are involved, owing to the differing vaccination rules concerning minors in each country. So long as that’s not an issue, then no problem….as things stand right at this moment. Of course, tomorrow could see a change, or the day after, or next week…etc etc.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Alex A, agree! Start another thread.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Transit through Germany is allowed for up to 24 hours with an exemption with the requirement to complete the digital registration form and an exemption from any quarantine requirements which may otherwise apply (particularly relevant for travel with children from the UK and Austria who would normally be subject to a 5 day compulsory quarantine in Germany).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Mr.Egg, no quarantine if you are fully vaccinated

@buchanan101, Ireland & UK too amongst other places, just upload your vaccination certificate when you fill in your PLF (which isnt needed for transit). Do expect a text from the Health dept. reminding you to keep to the rules, they are not picking on you, everyone gets them.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
munich_irish wrote:

@buchanan101, Ireland & UK too amongst other places, just upload your vaccination certificate when you fill in your PLF (which isnt needed for transit). Do expect a text from the Health dept. reminding you to keep to the rules, they are not picking on you, everyone gets them.

And transit counts as under 24 hours?

I plan to fly in to Munich and immediately drive to Austria, but on the way back stay overnight at a hotel at the airport? Is that still “transit”?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@buchanan101, I would say no, it is a fairly simple matter to fill in the form and upload the certificate https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de/#/ less faff than the UK version. I doubt anyone will ask for it though.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@munich_irish, thanks. No harm to do it anyway. Three weeks and lots may change…

Not convinced it’ll happen.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
munich_irish wrote:

Thanks

Now deciding if I rebook as much as I can, or wait for announcement after the initial10 days.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Of course Bayern may also have lockdown by then.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes, that’s what I’m worried about.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

@buchanan101, I would say no, it is a fairly simple matter to fill in the form and upload the certificate https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de/#/ less faff than the UK version. I doubt anyone will ask for it though.

We flew to MUC & transited to Austria last week - you can only fill in the German DEA entry form of you've got a German destination address, so couldn't get past that part of the online entry.
However just show your Austrian accommodation details at MUC passport control and they're happy that you're in transit... snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
geoffers wrote:
Quote:

We flew to MUC & transited to Austria last week - you can only fill in the German DEA entry form of you've got a German destination address, so couldn't get past that part of the online entry.
However just show your Austrian accommodation details at MUC passport control and they're happy that you're in transit... snowHead

Thanks. On return if I stay overnight in Munich I will have an address.

One worry is that the rules change mid holiday…and I get stuck in Austria or Germany over Christmas…

Fairly close to cancelling and falling back on my Feb and April (reserve booked ages ago). But I need to ski…
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ischgl have announced that they will open, albeit a little later than planned, on 3rd Dec. As per current rules, restaurants on the Austrian side can only offer takeaway, but they will open as normal on the Swiss side Cool 2G rules apply throughout.
snow conditions
Saalbach Hinterglemm Logan have announced opening on 4 December without links and fully open from 13 December, the have reconfirmed the 2G requirement as well, full detail here https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4858738#4858738
latest report
geoffers wrote:
Quote:

Flying back from the UK in Sept, I just put in Munich airport address in that field and it worked fine too.
snow report
@clarky999, lots of people on the British in Austria FB travel page do too
ski holidays
buchanan101 wrote:
munich_irish wrote:

I plan to fly in to Munich and immediately drive to Austria, but on the way back stay overnight at a hotel at the airport? Is that still “transit”?

Yes transit is up to 24 hours. I will be doing the same thing on the way out (assuming that our December trip actually happens!). Not intending to fill out the form unless I am required to by the airline to check-in.

From the Digital registration form entry page (https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de/#/):

"When do I not need to provide my details?
If, for the purpose of border traffic, you spent less than 24 hours in a risk area or are only entering the Federal Republic of Germany for up to 24 hours."
snow conditions
Noymychashkachaia wrote:
buchanan101 wrote:
munich_irish wrote:

Yes transit is up to 24 hours. I will be doing the same thing on the way out (assuming that our December trip actually happens!). Not intending to fill out the form unless I am required to by the airline to check-in.

From the Digital registration form entry page (https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de/#/):

If, for the purpose of border traffic, you spent less than 24 hours in a risk area or are only entering the Federal Republic of Germany for up to 24 hours."

Thanks - my worry (one amongst many) is that Germany closes its borders to Austria whilst I am in Austria...with a German sourced hire car...
snow conditions
buchanan101 wrote:
Noymychashkachaia wrote:
buchanan101 wrote:
munich_irish wrote:

Thanks - my worry (one amongst many) is that Germany closes its borders to Austria whilst I am in Austria...with a German sourced hire car...

Someone else can advise better on Germany, but there doesn't seem to be any plan to close borders. Austria still explicitly allows travel outside the country even now during 'lockdown'.
snow report
@clarky999, The German Austria border is, I guess, a pretty busy one with commuting, freight etc. Closing it would be pretty serious stuff
snow report
buchanan101 wrote:
@clarky999, The German Austria border is, I guess, a pretty busy one with commuting, freight etc. Closing it would be pretty serious stuff

It is pretty serious situation if you need to introduce mandatory vaccination and you put whole country into lockdown.
snow report
clarky999 wrote:
Austria still explicitly allows travel outside the country even now during 'lockdown'.

To decline number of newly infected, traveling out of country is not really an issue (it should be issue for country where these people travel too), but thing is, Austria still allows travel to the country without any restrictions (ok 3G is realistically not restriction), and I just found out yesterday, that my skiing in Austria is just fine (Molltal is just a bit more then hour drive from my home, so no need for hotels or anything). I mean I'm certainly not complaining, but if we look at this situation, it's plain stupid you allow people to come to country and do whatever they want, while at same time you restrict your own people to basically leave the house.
ski holidays
Second Vaccination validity, we nearly got caught out by the change in validity of the second vaccine it's calculated in days not months, we would have been 2 days short, from 4 December is 270 days from the second vaccine, the proposal is that from 1 February it reduces to 210 days.

you can calculate the days here: https://tinyurl.com/n8p837fk
latest report
radar wrote:
Second Vaccination validity, we nearly got caught out by the change in validity of the second vaccine it's calculated in days not months, we would have been 2 days short, from 4 December is 270 days from the second vaccine, the proposal is that from 1 February it reduces to 210 days.

you can calculate the days here: https://tinyurl.com/n8p837fk

Same as UK: I got my 6 month booster 3 days or so before 6 months (i.e. at 180 days)
ski holidays
primoz wrote:
clarky999 wrote:
Austria still explicitly allows travel outside the country even now during 'lockdown'.
I mean I'm certainly not complaining, but if we look at this situation, it's plain stupid you allow people to come to country and do whatever they want, while at same time you restrict your own people to basically leave the house.

They're not allowed to do whatever they want though, visitors have exactly the same restrictions as locals (which tbh aren't all that restrictive unless you want to go eating, drinking or shopping). Hopefully it helps the ski resorts' cashflow a bit at least...
snow report
With regard to Germany there is no discussion at all of any restrictions on movement similar to the beginning of the year (though as with any of this who knows what will happen next week). In some of the districts bordering Austria the restrictions on unvaccinated people are pretty much the same as in Austria (ie only allowed out for work etc) and restaurants are closed (ski resorts would be closed too but that is moot since too early for snow). In Bavaria it is now 2G to go to a restaurant and 3G to get on a bus. Other parts of Germany less restrictions. For anyone travelling by air to Germany even if only for transit I would advise filling in the plf simply to make the check in procedure easier, it really isnt a lot of faff (no bizarre questions about islands as in the UK one!).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@clarky999, I know, I didn't mean literally whatever they want, but still. If I go skiing to Molltal (hopefully next week weather will be fine and I will have some more time then this week Very Happy) it really doesn't make any difference for me if there's lockdown or not. Sure I won't go for coffee but that's not end of the world. But in my mind, if things are really that bad, I wouldn't want whole bunch of foreigners (our numbers are anything but great too) coming to country.
ski holidays
This is my kind of lockdown - Kaprun today...

ski holidays
ptex wrote:
This is my kind of lockdown - Kaprun today...

That's really NOT the way to make friends....

The "track" to the left - is that where they've scraped snow (why would it be zig zagged?), or is it a Cross Country set up?
ski holidays
For those on the ground in Austria, if we do manage do get to Austria are FFP2 available to buy in shops and supermarkets in Austria, at the moment I have a plentiful supply to bring but in a bid to keep everyone safe before we travel my supply us starting to dwindle.
latest report
@2waterford, quite a few pages back there was confirmation, from Scarlet I think, that they are available at the supermarket
snow report
radar wrote:
@2waterford, quite a few pages back there was confirmation, from Scarlet I think, that they are available at the supermarket

Thank You
ski holidays
@2waterford, Yep, all supermarkets have to stock them at a fixed price of 0.59€. I've found a little bit of variation in the sizes between brands, so if they don't fit very well, go to another supermarket if there is one, and try those.
latest report
@buchanan101, I'm pretty sure that's where the piste bashers have been scraping snow; I think the track to the left of the image (taken from the webcam) is a skier-cross type of track - there was a skidoo flying around there at one time.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 24-11-21 15:49; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Deleted as a duplicate entry

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 24-11-21 15:48; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Deleted as a duplicate entry

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 24-11-21 15:48; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Scarlet wrote:
@2waterford, Yep, all supermarkets have to stock them at a fixed price of 0.59€. I've found a little bit of variation in the sizes between brands, so if they don't fit very well, go to another supermarket if there is one, and try those.

Thank You
latest report
Just come up with a Plan D where I can use my Munich flight on 13th Dec if Austrian resorts are not open.

Drive to Val Gardena. I understand that transiting Austria is ok, and probably would still be (via Innsbruck).

Googlemaps say about 4 hour drive...Does that make sense? Is the Brenner Pass usually open, whatever the weather? Is there a closer Italian resort?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy