Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
sugardaddy wrote:
@DB, here's hoping. You're based in Vienna, right? Really hoping that Tyrol and Salzburgland are the same

They need to open for more hours, the vaccine centre for Kufstein Bezirk (county) in Tirol is only open Wed 5-8pm Friday 2-6pm and Saturday 9am -6pm and it ran out of vaccine a couple of weeks ago because demand was higher than expected!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chris_n wrote:
sugardaddy wrote:
@DB, here's hoping. You're based in Vienna, right? Really hoping that Tyrol and Salzburgland are the same

They need to open for more hours, the vaccine centre for Kufstein Bezirk (county) in Tirol is only open Wed 5-8pm Friday 2-6pm and Saturday 9am -6pm and it ran out of vaccine a couple of weeks ago because demand was higher than expected!

The little village I live in is like that. In my experience the larger town/city vaccination stations are open longer and don't run out of vaccine.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@DB, yeah but that is THE vaccine centre for the whole of Kufstein in Wörgl based in a former supermarket so quite large. When it is open the queues are huge. The only other options in the whole of the county are local doctors. I do believe they are having some sort of campaign this week and opening other sites.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chris_n wrote:
@DB, yeah but that is THE vaccine centre for the whole of Kufstein in Wörgl based in a former supermarket so quite large. When it is open the queues are huge. The only other options in the whole of the county are local doctors. I do believe they are having some sort of campaign this week and opening other sites.

I was thinking maybe Innsbruck which is just over an hour away.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@DB, I don't think having to drive an hour from Wörgl to Innsbruck plus whatever time it takes to get to Wörgl is actually encouraging to get an easy jab. If they want people to get vaccinated they need to bring the easy options to the people.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris_n wrote:
@DB, I don't think having to drive an hour from Wörgl to Innsbruck plus whatever time it takes to get to Wörgl is actually encouraging to get an easy jab. If they want people to get vaccinated they need to bring the easy options to the people.

They've actually done that quite well in the Uk - in the Cambs countryside I had several options ~20 mins away for my first two jabs, though there were pop up vaccination efforts in Cambourne just 5 mins away. Doctors were also used first time round, but not now for boosters which are generally in fewer, larger locations though i still had several options in Cambridge or elsewhere.

But there again - actually wanting to have something that could help save your life - I'd travel hours for that if necessary. Excessive travelling distance is a poor excuse for the majority of people.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
buchanan101 wrote:
Chris_n wrote:

They've actually done that quite well in the Uk - in the Cambs countryside I had several options ~20 mins away for my first two jabs, though there were pop up vaccination efforts in Cambourne just 5 mins away. Doctors were also used first time round, but not now for boosters which are generally in fewer, larger locations though i still had several options in Cambridge or elsewhere.

But there again - actually wanting to have something that could help save your life - I'd travel hours for that if necessary. Excessive travelling distance is a poor excuse for the majority of people.

The problem is there are many people who while they aren't against it they don't actually want it either. Hence the many quotes seen in the press both here and in the UK where people say they haven't got round to it yet. Everyone who hasn't so far had it should have had a low threshold appointment made for them.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spain seems to be doing very well. Apparently the main difference between Spain and Austria regarding vaccinations was that Spain sent out the vaccination appointments so people had to actively turn down the appointment (in some cases by just not turning up).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Chris_n, with our employee who hasnt got jabbed it is because he is worried his mother wont speak to him if he does. His brother got vaccinated months ago and she hasnt spoken to him since! I could understand it he was 20 years old and living at home but he is nearly 50 Puzzled Everybody else in the workshop winds him up about it but it seems to make little difference
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
For the first time in weeks the overall 7 Day Index took a sideways move (very very slight increase). What is encouraging is that the main 2 culprits (Salzburg and Upper Austria) look like they have started to take a nose dive.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 22-11-21 15:15; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
munich_irish wrote:
@Chris_n, with our employee who hasnt got jabbed it is because he is worried his mother wont speak to him if he does. His brother got vaccinated months ago and she hasnt spoken to him since! I could understand it he was 20 years old and living at home but he is nearly 50 Puzzled Everybody else in the workshop winds him up about it but it seems to make little difference

er, don't tell her?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DB wrote:
Spain seems to be doing very well. Apparently the main difference between Spain and Austria regarding vaccinations was that Spain sent out the vaccination appointments so people had to actively turn down the appointment (in some cases by just not turning up).

This is absolutely what should have happened, and I'm finding myself in the “haven't got around to it” position now, re. boosters (I've only been eligible for a couple of days, so anyone with a lecture can do one). In Tirol, with the first vaccines, you had to register yourself on the online portal, but then you were automatically sent 2x appointments to accept or refuse when your group came up. By now, I was hoping to get something closer to home, but that's more effort to find who has which vaccines and call for an appointment, which I hate doing. If someone just sent me an appointment, I would turn up without really thinking too hard about it.

TBH I don't know why we even had to register in the first place, as that is still a barrier for a lot of people. Pretty much everyone will be registered for health insurance, so they have everybody's details to simply send out an appointment at the nearest clinic/pharmacy/GP.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Apologies all for the repeat but asking for a clarification on certs:
- Double vax’d within 9 months of last is ok up to start of feb
- Double vax’d within 7 months of last after that

Our trip is in early Jan. Just make it under the 9 month rule.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
munich_irish wrote:

Why can't mother-in-laws be like this? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Scarlet wrote:
DB wrote:

This is absolutely what should have happened, and I'm finding myself in the “haven't got around to it” position now, re. boosters (I've only been eligible for a couple of days, so anyone with a lecture can do one). In Tirol, with the first vaccines, you had to register yourself on the online portal, but then you were automatically sent 2x appointments to accept or refuse when your group came up. By now, I was hoping to get something closer to home, but that's more effort to find who has which vaccines and call for an appointment, which I hate doing. If someone just sent me an appointment, I would turn up without really thinking too hard about it.

TBH I don't know why we even had to register in the first place, as that is still a barrier for a lot of people. Pretty much everyone will be registered for health insurance, so they have everybody's details to simply send out an appointment at the nearest clinic/pharmacy/GP.

Wow - makes the UK booking system look really good.

All you needed was your name, DOB and practice registered at (or your NI number) and if the right age group (or in some cases just below it) you could chose when and where just about. Only issue was to start with when you wanted to change a booking you had to cancel the old one first without knowing if any suitable replacement was available but that's been fixed.
latest report
Redial wrote:
Apologies all for the repeat but asking for a clarification on certs:
- Double vax’d within 9 months of last is ok up to start of feb
- Double vax’d within 7 months of last after that

Our trip is in early Jan. Just make it under the 9 month rule.

If you are now 7 or 8 months since your second, you must be way past being eligible for the booster - which now appears on the NHS travel pass
snow report
@Redial, yes your understanding is correct, no change to the 9 month rule until February.
snow report
@Redial, Yes to both, you'll be fine.
snow report
@buchanan101, It's not terrible, but could be improved. If you're happy to go to one of the big centres, you can now go onto the same portal and choose a convenient slot. The problem is that those are only in large town centres, so if you want to get something more local it gets harder. Registration is just name, address, DOB and SI number, so it's easy for anyone happy with online forms, but also entirely unnecessary given that the SI already has that info.

There are now more walk-in centres, but because of the current rush they often have long queues. I'd rather have an appointment and be in and out quickly than standing around for ages.
ski holidays
Scarlet wrote:
DB wrote:

Can you not just do it on the Tirol Impft website now (I know you are younger and the websites may not have caught up yet), when I did mine I could select which vaccine I wanted and they gave me something like 600 possibilities (date, time etc) across maybe 5 or six centres in Kufstein, Kitzbuel, Schwaz etc.
latest report
@Chris_n, yeah, but only if I want to go into Innsbruck. That's not a huge deal as I'm not that far away, but if possible I'd rather get it done somewhere in the village and that's not on the portal.
snow report
Thanks All. Based in Ireland so not eligible for a booster yet.
latest report
I know I've mentioned this once or twice...

...but has anyone in Austria questioned why a "20 day lockdown" is actually a 21 day one. (Innsbruck Tourist Office confirmed to me that the 12th Dec is still in lockdown).

"The lockdown starts today, and the last day is 12 December. So expected opening is 13 December"

Given that it bugs up all that weekend's intake of new skiers on week long holidays (rather than just half) - virtually no one will now arrive. I'd have thought tourist boards and ski resorts would have been questioning the dictat?
snow conditions
Redial wrote:

Are Ireland not doing boosters, or is the gap longer? It's pretty fundamental (lucky as we are in rich countries)
latest report
@buchanan101, they won’t, the resorts are more concerned with the main season, which starts with Christmas week prior to that occupancy rates are lowish, Saalbach do have rave on snow which was due to start around 10 December even though it brings in visitors there are a number of hotels don’t open until after it.
latest report
buchanan101 wrote:
I know I've mentioned this once or twice...

...but has anyone in Austria questioned why a "20 day lockdown" is actually a 21 day one. (Innsbruck Tourist Office confirmed to me that the 12th Dec is still in lockdown).

"The lockdown starts today, and the last day is 12 December. So expected opening is 13 December"

Given that it bugs up all that weekend's intake of new skiers on week long holidays (rather than just half) - virtually no one will now arrive. I'd have thought tourist boards and ski resorts would have been questioning the dictat?

I've also said this once or twice... But I think everyone is operating under the assumption that confirmation of the end of lockdown will only come closer to the end of the lockdown, as no-one really knows 100% yet (clue is in 'expected' in your quote). Details of it were still being thrashed out over the weekend. Tourism boards and ski resorts are most likely more concerned - today - with pausing what marketing campaigns can be paused, saving money where it can be saved, and trying to work out how to keep their staff in jobs.
snow report
And probably also making contingency plans for what to do if it doesn't end on 12/13 December
snow conditions
buchanan101 wrote:
Redial wrote:

Are Ireland not doing boosters, or is the gap longer? It's pretty fundamental (lucky as we are in rich countries)

At the moment it is being rolled out for over 60s and health care workers, over 50s have been announced but not on portal just yet,
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Update on the Ski Circus

Dear Skicircus friends!

Since the details of the current lockdown regulation are now known, we are pleased to inform you that lift and skiing operations are permitted in compliance with the 2G regulation and the FFP2 mask requirement. However, accommodations & gastronomy must remain closed until 12 December.

Planned start of ski operations in parts of the Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn. 4 December 2021. The main connections will be open from 17 December. Details of the lift and piste offer will follow in time. Tip for season ticket holders: The Kitzsteinhorn is already open daily for you!

Subject to change due to snow conditions.

Details on the safety measures : saalbach.com/en/service/safe-together
ski holidays
After one day closed the Kitzsteinhorn is opening again tomorrow, Tuesday. That seemed a good reason to go skiing. However, I wasn't sure whether my one hour drive from home would be permissible in the lockdown. So I first went to the local police station to ask whether I could drive to Kaprun but the officer there couldn’t say. He recommended asking the Bezirkshauptmannschaft (area council). But my enquiry there didn't bring me any further, for they said that Covid responsibility lay with the state (Tyrol) government - try the Covid hotline. So I did and after about half an hour of attempts, I was able to speak with someone who confirmed skiing was allowed and I could drive to Kaprun. So probably I will ski this week - hoorah!
ski holidays
@espri, Someone in one of my groups phoned Stubai with a similar question, and they said something along the lines of “well, you can drive and also you can go skiing and we will be open tomorrow” Very Happy
snow report
Next question, season pass or not ?
ski holidays
DB wrote:
For the first time in weeks the overall 7 Day Index took a sideways move (very very slight increase). What is encouraging is that the main 2 culprits (Salzburg and Upper Austria) look like they have started to take a nose dive.

This is good news. Do you have a link to this data?

My hotel have confirmed they have a more generous refund policy than Booking.com gave to me. I can rebook or get refund if lockdown continues.
snow report
@espri,
As far as I understand it you should only travel in a car with people from the same household or one significant other (e.g. partner who lives somewhere else). Otherwise you are free to drive / ski where you want provided you are back home at night.
snow report
@Tom H,
https://orf.at/corona/daten/
snow conditions
radar wrote:
@ptex, the NHS app also allows you to save your travel pass into apple wallet. Very Happy

Got my NHS one in the wallet too! It was flagged by a colleague that the Austrian app allows a QR code with no other info visible, says if 2G etc complaint and you can have a nice green tick with a Euro Green Pass in your wallet! Anything to make it smoother.... Smile
snow conditions
@DB, thanks for the link.
snow conditions
Forgive me if this has been answered already.

Flying into Innsbruck on December 12th with 16 year son. We will then transit out immediately to Austria. The flights I booked are still listed for sale with EasyJet.

Does anybody know if arriving into Austria and then transmitting straight our will be allowed during the current lockdown? I will be able to show proof of hotel booking etc.

Many thanks.
ski holidays
DB wrote:
As far as I understand it you should only travel in a car with people from the same household or one significant other (e.g. partner who lives somewhere else). Otherwise you are free to drive / ski where you want provided you are back home at night.

Have you got a link for that? Only I read earlier that “you must wear a mask when carpooling with people outside your household”, which implies it’s ok to do so. Certainly last season, everyone was sharing rides to resorts.
ski holidays
@Scarlet,

You could be right. To be honest there is probably around the same risk traveling in a car with someone as sharing a train compartment with them. (While wearing a mask for both instances.)

„FFP2-Masken müssen wie gewohnt auch in öffentlichen Verkehrsmitteln getragen werden, aber auch bei der gemeinsamen Benützung von Kraftfahrzeugen (sofern man nicht im gemeinsamen Haushalt lebt).“

https://www.vol.at/lockdown-in-oesterreich-diese-regeln-gelten-ab-montag/7200931
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy